Opengl games will not run after installing 91.31

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BIG-MICK, Jun 22, 2006.

1. BIG-MICK

BIG-MICK Active Member

GPU:
    2X BFG GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB SLI
    I have re-posted this in it's own thread...In the hope I might get a work around..or fix
    I have exactly the same problem ...Just dowloaded the Prey Demo to give it a try and got this error
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

So I tried Q4..which I haven't played Since before I upgraded driver to 91.31
    And got similar error..Dito..Doom3...all of which worked before 91.31
    So I did a system restore back to before I installed 91.31....Which was the 84.56 driver....And got same error..WTF...Q4 and Doom3 worked fine with this driver before..Undid last restore and uninstalled the 91.31driver
    ..and tried the 81.95...which has not solved opengl prob..something in the 91.31 drivers..has broke opengl games for me....I want to play PREY!!...Sob..sob..any fix....anybody

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  2. vEpaR

vEpaR Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800GT
    well NWN which is old game but still opengl works fine here with 91.28, 91.31 beta and whql the same with KOTOR games which afaik are opengl too.

3. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    It is not the driver but a setting you have enabled. Open the Control Panel (new version), 3D Settings, Managed 3D Settings, make sure "Extension limit" is set to off. Your OpenGl games will now work

4. BIG-MICK

BIG-MICK Active Member

GPU:
    2X BFG GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB SLI
    AWESOME...You are a star dude...Big..Big..thanks..Prey here I come

5. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    the setting is n't due to the users, the profile itself enabled extension limit because the extension limit isn't configurable in the new or old cp.. only in nhancer.