OpenCL and 195.39 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by IDSG89, Nov 2, 2009.

1. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    i installed the new 195.39 drivers, and works really good in games (shift, borderlands, pes2010), but they said that this drivers are opencl compatible, but when installed it the opencl module wont work, everest doesnt show it in the gpgpu section (im using the latest verion 5.30), and the gamecube/wii emulator dolphin wont work if i use the opencl version, with the 190.89 the opencl works good but the drivers sucks for gaming, tried to do a fresh install and then run driversweeper in safe mode, but nothing works, im doing something wrong? im using windows 7 32 bit

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Clean install is required due to Driver structure / location of files changing.

OpenCL displays fine in the beta version of everest i am using.

3. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    but i always do a clean install, i unistall the driver then i boot into safe mode and run driversweeper, then reboot into windows and install the driver, am i omitting a step?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  4. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    well i tried every form to do a clean install, and nothing, everest only shows cuda and directx en the gpgpu section, tried ccleaner as the sticky thread suggest, delete the nvidia registry values..., i dont know what to do =(

5. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    Hi Squall Leonhart, i have so far followed the below procedure for installing a new driver.

1.Uninstall the existing drivers.Reboot the system.
    2.Install the new drivers.Thats it.

I never used driver cleaner,safe mode or any such stuffs. I didnt faced a single problem too.
    And moreover i too get the opencl section in everest beta. Can you tell me some real world applications that makes use of opencl please?

6. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    Download the latest Everest Beta.

7. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    finally it works, the first thing i did was clean the driver with driversweeper,driver cleaner and ccleaner (maybe i exaggerated), then installed the driver and works, btw i had the latest everest beta and didnt know it lol, thanks for help

8. nuke888

nuke888 Guest

mm same story here uninstalled all the drivers physx,3d,and nvidia drivers used driver sweeper then reboot then used driver sweeper again installed 195.39 and physx 914 and no open cl showin on everest is the 5.30.1900 the last one ? I tried a dolphin 4493 ocl build the emu boots so the iso but i do get strange xxxx opencl -44 errors....

9. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    the latest everest its 5.30.1927 beta, the 1900 build doesnt show opencl with 195.39, and dolphin with opencl dont work with the 195.39 neither dont know why =(

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  10. raulramos

raulramos Member

GPU:
    Point of View GTX470
    my steps:

1-uninstall driver and software in device manager.

2-without shutdown i did a clean with driversweeper. Restart.

3- install new ones and restart.

never had a problem...

11. nuke888

nuke888 Guest

I have the 1900 one,another way i cant check the cl is installed properly ?

12. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    opencl should show in the latest everest, if it doesn't its not registered / installed correctly.