Online *SPAM*...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BLEH!, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Kind of the same here. Met a few girls through skateboarding but that was a few years ago. Everybody is in a hurry and the locals are mostly creeps or just simply don't match. Never tried any of the sites/apps you guys recommend, based on what I heard from friends it almost always turns into a ****fest and that's it. Public transport is for transportation and most people only talk with friends, silence is appreciated :p

What about travelling to other countries for a short time OP?

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Part of the plan, mate. I wanna see Europe over the next few months.

3. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Awesome! If you are going to hit The Netherlands gimme a PM!

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yeah I talk to people a lot. I just blurb random subject to a cashier and talk about it. Or where ever depending on what is happening. Small talk wouldn't be so bad for us Finns really :D

5. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    GPU enthusiasts are masters of seduction. FACT.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That's how the US is...
    I'm like the real life version of Hitch... I know how to talk to women. I know how to get their attention. I could make the hottest woman in the world fall for the ugliest guy....but I'll be damned if I don't screw everything up when left to my own devices.... Life just isn't fair....

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Haha why the disapproval? :)

Interesting pointers :)

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I think this is a good question, where do you meet people and how do you talk to them?

I prefer traditional methods over online ones but that can be a chore I admit. But you may always meet someone via a hobby, through work, via friends etc.

I suppose the thing is just get out there and do whatever you do and keep an open mind and your wits about, you'll never know what may happen.
    You won't meet anyone sitting at home (hint: that includes sitting at your PC ;))

There's no easy way out or shortcut I think and a lot of luck is involved anyway.

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    thats bcs ur cold :nerd:.

Elevators r not that confortable here usually, only hi and such, but buses or trains talking its more or less normal, even with total foreingers, specially in long trips.

My last trip on AVE (high speed train in spain) i spent 4 hours speaking with a tourist from argentina, and I could be considered pretty shy upto spanish standards.

Sitting next to someone is also weird here, after all, you are more confortable on separate seats :wanker:

Tho its bad in some other situations, like when setting up a meeting @ work and everyone spends the first ****ing 5 mins talking :bang:, even my boss, who comes from (near) ur country

PD: @OP, what you are looking for is plain and simple, and can be summarized in one word. Women :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Never met anyone through a hobby, or wait...I have once but it's rare in our "line of hobby" (Gaming) ;) Work? Nah, plus some work places have policies against that (mine for example). Via friends is the best! Your friend can vouch for you and she will feel more confident that you're a decent guy.

Then there are public places but that takes a certain level of mastery in the art of confidence to walk up to a stranger and start talking. Then there's nightclubs but I'm done with that sh!t. Nothing good comes out of that tbh.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    To be fair, that's what they pretty much turned into.

I mean you can't have an app that could be adult only on iOS, so saying it's just a *SPAM* app works for that. :D

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yup. Same here.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I don't get why people try to date online. It's most likely 80% men on the few real female profiles, and there's always bigger fish out there. Forget it.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I heard the app "Pure" is something like that ;) Not tried it myself but the rumors say. I mean, just look at the app icon :D

Edit - Oh, they've changed it...but I still have the old version :giggle2:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well most of the profiles you get to see are females if you are only interested in females so why not :D the males do not show. Except if you put out a regular joe "hey show boos nice!" of course no answer.

My friend got pummeled by too many messages a day and most just dumb gibberish.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea not at work per se but possibly through some work function or something... unlikely though yes.
    Friends are the best bet, that's how I met my current GF, through a friend-of-a-friend and so on.

Actually we did meet in a bar. I thank myself for being the exact correct amount drunk, enough to be confident but not so much to be a... ummm... well, a standard-issue Finn-drunk ;)

I'll admit I'd be very uncomfortable if I had to start looking for someone/*SPAM* again now. The bar scene is a hell-no (especially as I've quit drinking since) and work is work.
    Have some hobby related activities but they'd seem like a long shot too.

Come to think of it looks like a bad case of not being able to follow your own advice :D

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe I didn't mean that you see the males, but competition is even bigger than in real life. You won't have a 4:1 competition situation in most cases when you hit on a girl in a bar (she probably won't get hit on five times if you do it right ;) ), or one you know over friends. I just think the odds are worse than in a normal social environment in real life.

18. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    From my experience, the following are and still are being caused by women:

- Stress
    - Hair loss
    - Annoying, talk too much, too many unnecessary questions
    - Waking me/making noise at night, opening lights, banging doors, etc.
    - Snores at night keeping me up
    - Always cold, keeps turning off the A/C - I get too hot
    - Never listens to me when I speak
    - Does not cook or clean, EVER - Messes up the house, clothes thrown all over the house in every room
    - Uses too much water which always ends up in me paying too much for water
    - empties my wallet - Usually broke as she is high maintenance

Hmmmm, there is much more but the main issues are listed above. Is is still worth being with a woman?

Life was better before to be honestly speaking. I had a sports car, money, complete freedom and can do as I please, best of all stress free.:)

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    From a objective point of view, if being with a woman / wife / boyfriend / girlfriend is so much trouble, why is the majority of humanity still seeking a spouse? It has to pay off one way or the other, if at least serving our genetic programmed behavior.

20. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    ^ Glad you agree with me bro. Having a girl/wife has it's ups and downs but usually has more downs than ups which is troublesome...

Time, money, responsibility and freedom is all gone!