1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onboard Sound Vs. Add in Sound Card

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Mar 10, 2006.

1. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    I was referring in the main tab of latency moon this one:
    but yeah when chrome is open and some tabs the latency keeps on 54-70. but when everything close drops, also noticed in ryzen master tool when using 3.7 profile 1 latencies on main tab of latency moon software will remind 54-70 so the msi on gpu or audio didn't anything regardless of main tab latency mon, just to not share ISR
    [​IMG]

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NITRO 390x
    been comparing S1220A chip on my board with my ZxR

the S1220A sounds way better.
    could be the nahimic drivers combine with asus uwp.

my ZxR seems to be leveling voices with music. some the voices would be lower then the music. even with adjusting settings would make it worse.

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +200/+430
    Dsbig its down to the op-amp's that creative used on the sound blaster ZXR. Mainly the JRC's that are installed in the I/V socket's on the card. When I had the ZXR, I had to swap out the JRC's my self to another pair of op-amp's to improve the existing sound signature of the card.

Of course evidently swap them both out later down the line, but in your case, you may have to swap out the JRC's. I found that I still have my op-amp notes, i just have to look them up.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. darkshot

darkshot Member

GPU:
    XFX ATI radeon HD5850 XXX
    Hi everyone, would you like to know if it is better to use the audio onboard ROG SupremeFX (Asus Strix Z270F) or an X-fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champ?
    I am facing sttuterings problems in some light games like, CSGO and PUBG, will Xfi be responsible?

[​IMG]

5. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    X-Fi be responsible? I'm assuming you mean the X-FI will be better, then using the ALC1220 (Z270F)
    I would guess the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion DSP chip has more processing power, then the Realtek ALC1220 built into the Z270F
    I would disable the Z270F's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before installing the X-fi.

6. darkshot

darkshot Member

GPU:
    XFX ATI radeon HD5850 XXX
    Yes, I disabled the onboard audio in the BIOS. Which driver do you recommend for Xfi?

7. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    I'm an Asus sound card guy and stopped using Creative sound cards 10 year ago,
    so I do not really keep up to date (that much) on their software.
    But I do think the Creative SB-Z card is a great bang for the buck sound card.

Anyway, I would assume you would use the Creative Labs drivers.
    If you have the Creative driver disk, suggest you install that first, then update with the latest drivers from Creative's support site.
    https://support.creative.com/Downloads/welcome.aspx
    Or are you looking at using third party drivers?