Onboard Sound Vs. Add in Sound Card

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Mar 10, 2006.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    Tried that. Windows just reinstalls it on reboot and sets it as default again.

2. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD / NVIDIA
    sverek's good half : just ignore it.
    sverek's bad half : *sweats profusely*
    sverek's good half : no.. don't.
    sverek's bad half: Wi... Win...
    sverek's good half : NO!! DONT!!!
    sverek's bad half : Win7 > Win10

3. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire Fury 3-x@2720Z
    Just disable amd audio in hardware manager. Do not uninstall, just turn it off.

4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    I take it there isn't much difference between the 898. http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/...d=1&PNid=24&PFid=28&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=325

115 vs 110.

Where are you now with this? Tried the latest DanielK drivers? My Prelude still sits in the box. Not sure whether to use it or not with the Steelseries Siberia 840.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    Win7 would solve the problem, except that I have no Win7 licenses and refuse to waste any more money on Windows licenses.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Why not just disable AMD HDMI audio from device manager? Disabling it from playback devices should also do the job.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    I have it disabled in device manager now. Haven't rebooted since doing so but hopefully Windows won't change it back afterwards. I tried disabling it from within "Playback devices" but Windows just re-enabled it and set it as default again.

Windows10 isn't like earlier versions of Windows where you can just refuse to install a driver and the device won't work. Windows10 will keep searching for and attempting to install a driver until it finally finds one that works....whether you want it to or not. It's really stupid.

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Yes, it is. When I used DDU to remove the AMD drivers then switched to NVIDIA, once everything was installed and correctly setup. I had connected to my network and Windows 10 decided to download and install the AMD drivers for a card that isn't in the system. What the hell...

9. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    How would the Auzentech Prelude stack up against the present sound cards? ZxR, AE-5 and whatnot. Though everywhere I've read from Creative to Asus about rubbish drivers. That was what made me dig out the Prelude and use the latest Daniel K drivers.

It has been many years since I've heard this card.