OMG!!!!!!!!!! Please somebody help me!!!!!!PLEASEEE

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by BEERandSEX, Apr 2, 2005.

1. BEERandSEX

BEERandSEX Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950XT
    Ok first off hello to everybody.

Now here is my problem i upgraded my heatsink and fan on my cpu i installed the artic cool freezer 64 and added some new case fans, when i was taking off the the old fan heatsink i had a problem getting it off and the cpu came off with it.So i continued the install by cleaning off the cpu with rubbing alcohol and so on.i started back up my rig and nothing happened the screen went black i mean it didn't go to windows xp no nuthing.So i said ok i will just reformat it'll be ok.I continue to re format pop in the Xp cd and i keep getting this message error """ an unexpected error (1609826368) occured at Line 1768 d:\xp client\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c. i tried rebooting back to the xp cd but i keep getting the same thing then i rebooted again and it said NTLDR is missing.I'm seriously stumped here i don't know what to do somebody please help me..:(

2. enuro12

enuro12 Guest

Hey bro. Well its obvisouly not a cpu problem. Unless it crashes with that error say after 5minutes of runing. By that i mean maybe overheating. However my educated guess would be that you have a ram issue.

Re-seat your ram. Remove it and use a NO. 2 pencil and run it across the contacts. Try again. You'll probly have to reformat and fdisk (delete the partition and try again)

good luck :)

3. MrBen

MrBen Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce4 ti 4200 128MB
    A number 2 pencil across the contacts?

4. enuro12

enuro12 Guest

haha sorry! I meant the eraser of a NO. 2 Pencil :) sorry! ;) hope you didnt just short all your contacts.... :)

5. BEERandSEX

BEERandSEX Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950XT
    Enuro12 you were exactly right it was a bad stick of ram thxs soo much man i didn't have to reformat or loose any of my stuff..thxs again bro thank you..:D :D :D

6. enuro12

enuro12 Guest

NP. I've had the same problem a time or 2. Of course i lost all my data then found out what the real problem was :) lol