OMG how lush is this.....IPHONE

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by iamtheoneneo, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    It's $499 and $599 with a 2 year contract. I want one. Need a new phone and will sell my PSP and get one of these. 2 birds 1 stone. I like it and I don't like ipods. It's seems like a smart idea and one that works.

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Yea, lets buy a 4GB Nano at $199 and a decent kind of phone that has good features, not the crap you can buy at the post office. So that's what, $299? $399 for a decent phone.

Omg, it looks like it's around the $499 or $599 mark, weird, kinda like what they are asking for the iPhone.

I'm not going to bother any more, think what you think, I'm obviously not going to change your mind, just stubborn people to think Apple sucks, unfortunate truth is most of the Apple haters haven't even touched an Apple product, or bitch and moan about the Price of it, when the price is fine, they are just too tight ass to pay for quality.

3. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    *sigh*your arguments are getting tiresome lol

Fine, but you still wouldnt have them joined together into one super slim super sexy gadget with more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at would you, they'd be two seperate gadgets which still couldnt do as much as the iphone. Ok ok you have established you are an auto apple hater, we get it.:smile:

oh and i now see why you are drawing this out, coz santa got you an Archos 604 and now this has come out.:)

4. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    I don't like where Apple is going with their incredibly thin, but wide and tall as hell designs. No matter how hard I try, I can't hold a 5G ipod comfortably, and I'm guessing it's going to be the same with this phone. And I think everybody has overlooked the most important part of a phone, not the screen, but the actual antenna. With that little space I would guess that they didn't put a very big antenna in there. My dad's motorala SLVR looks nice, has a bunch of features, but can't receive a decent quality signal unless it's right beside the damn tower. It can barely get a signal even in the city. I'm guessing it'll be the same story with the iphone.

5. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    well i personally like the ipod because I can't find a better mp3 player out there, well at the time i bought mine a few years back

anyways

www.apple.com its on the front page

600USD is way expensive with a 2 year contract plus I still have another year to go with verizon

i think the phone looks cool and is very interesting and I would like to have one but i think i will use my phone to talk and my ipod to listen to music

6. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    It is not only a touch screen. It is a "MULTI TOUCH SCREEN". There hasn't been a commercial product that uses "multi touch" that I know of. All touchscreens like Nintendo DS or Notebooks, allow only one point of contact.

Multi touch allows for a huge amount of usage, watch this video
    http://ted.com/tedtalks/tedtalksplayer.cfm?key=j_han&flashEnabled=1
    Skip to 1/3 if you are impatient.

Check out how he zooms and rotates.

7. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    i thought elemental had a good point

just seems like your an auto apple lover :p

personally i dont think my mini ipod and razr cell phone take up all that space in my pockets and i will get more battery life outa both having them seperate

8. MTL

MTL Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTO SLI
    IMO, cell phones are supposed to be MOBILE. If I drop my Blackberry on a job site I don't have to worry about it. If I drop one of THESE, all sorts of things will go wrong and there goes my $600 phone. This thing looks like it is meant to be more of a fashion statement than a real cell phone. Cell phones are dropped, used frequently and generally abused. I can bet you any amount of money that all those fancy sensors and gizmos in the Iphone won't stand up to any punishment at all.

9. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Trying to get PC guys to like Apple's stuff is like pulling teeth on a crocodile while he's awake and hungry.

I've always been rather indifferent to the iPod itself since there are other players out there that offer the same or more features for less money.

People still think $600 is a lot but remember, it's a PDA, not an MP3 player. Every other PDA in its class is around that price and don't offer nearly as many features or storage space.

10. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080

11. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    yeah the news is practically EVERYWHERE. apple should've thought a few things through first eh?

the iPhone seems very nice, but places without cingular will be left out in the cold... some1 pity us australians.

12. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    It utilizes a SIM card so you should be able to utilize it with any provider that makes use of SIM cards.

13. MrBen

MrBen Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce4 ti 4200 128MB
    I can't wait to get one!

If you treat your stuff right, you wont have to worry about it being scratched or dropping it. I don't think I have ever dropped my current phone, and I certainly wouldn't subject it to scratching. Keys go in the right pocket, phone goes in the left!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  14. Loki91

Loki91 Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    Is that possible? I thought it'd be locked in one way or another. Eithe way it'll be a year or 2 (perhaps leaning towards the latter) before we see this in our community - Jobs said 2008 for Asia, and didn't even bother mentioning us and the rest of the world.. :p

15. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    i swear i saw it on tv tha otha day so what was dat all abought?? was it like a look at wat tha rest of the world has and we might get it as soon as 2008/9 or something?

16. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    I like the design heaps but it could only ever target adults. Mabey they will make a cheaper version for teens and kids. I don't like how big it is but it is a great design and looks absolutley stunning. I like how the screen blends in with the phone, sort of like LG's phones.

17. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    i should change my wording a bit. i think the iphone looks awsome and the price is good considering u dont have to buy everything seperatly. true i dont like ipods, but more for the reson that everyone around my area (not everyone) but alot, are extreamly ignorant and obsess with there ipods and brag about it, saying how many songs they have on it and junk. i bought a creative zen and when i brought it home the first think out of my sisters mouth was " hey nice ipod. ....... its not an ipod "well why didnt you get an ipod? they are the best" most technologicly retarded people refer to ALL mp3 players as ipods. and that is ignorant.

18. Tomke

Tomke Guest

omg, you complaining guys really don't get it....
    Everyone is trying to tell you the following things...
    It's not a Phone! It's not an MP3-Player! It's not a PSP!
    It's a smartphone with an MP3-Player, a phone, for watching videos, for using Internet....
    This thing combines it all and as someone already said, you can buy several items to get all this but this thing combines it and for that this price is totally not too high...
    And the technology IS new and please shut up about it's not useful. you can use the multitouch as long as you don't have Homer Simpson kind of fingers....

please stop your auto-Apple-hating, with this you are just as bad as the apple-fashion-victims!

19. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core

ive fixed the mistake

and we're not all apple haters, its old tech with an apple on it

20. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You don't tell people to shut up just because they disagree with you. People are allowed to have whatever opinion they like on this product, and there's nothing you can do about it.