OMG how lush is this.....IPHONE

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by iamtheoneneo, Jan 9, 2007.

1. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Wow this is actually cool. :O

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Indeed, you really need to be rough with your equipment to worry, it might scratch, but it's not going to break.

3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    That phone will be the killer of all other competition that will rival. I mean this thing is amazing.

The funny thing is that my dad saw this thread and lets say he added something to his list to buy for the next month :D

4. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 3X OC
    Sweet phone

5. Denny85

Denny85 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    I'll get it no matter what!! i was thinking of getting ***** n95,but then Iphone came and changed everything!

6. Tomke

Tomke Guest

size: hey guys, it just as big as the IPod, so ot too big... and compared to many phones on the market is big enough... at least for my opinion...
    i read that the battery-power is 5h for video/browsing and about 14 I think while listening to music... so quite the same as the IPod... can't tell how long it while last in standby... but probably long enoug...

do you guys know when it will be released in the USA? seems to be soon...

and wouldn't you say a touchscreen in the jeanspoket is quite sensetive and breakable? I don't know, just a thought, never had anything with touchscreen to wear in my poket...

I'm personaly not sure if I could really use an IPhone/smartphone but according to my inner male desire I want that thing!!

sorry, but that really seems lame to me... so your not a fashion victim but an anti-fashion-victim.. afraid to do things everyone does because everyone does it...

the IPhone is definitely ahead of his competators at all length... we can talk again when microsoft to build something like that or when Archos or Creative start buildings phones....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
  7. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    how is it a head, infact its just caught up mate

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Tomke..... let me put it this way...... the iPhone........ is a PHONE! no matter what Apple calls it.... it's a PHONE. I was actually thinking about getting the Razr with iTunes (before i saw the price when Cingular finally got it)... but then i realized.... when am i ever going to listen to music on my phone? it'd be the same with the iPhone. so what if it's an iPod with phone features and a touchscreen.... it's still more of a phone to me than an mp3 player. Save yourself some money and get a good MP3 player and a cheap phone.

Oh.... and right about now.... after actually looking at the tech specs.... it's $599 price tag is SOO MUCH MORE of a ripoff! you're not getting a phone and an iPod in one.... you're basically getting a phone and an iPod Nano in one.... 4-8GB of storage. like i said.... save the freakin cash.... get a good, HIGH STORAGE mp3 player, and a decent cell phone.

9. Tomke

Tomke Guest

Well right, that is a point, you could buy it seperately...

but then again maybe this thing wasn't designed for guys like you. It was probably made for people who need to answer emails quickly, travel alot and have money.

and the IPhone is just not "just a phone", if you combine a SmartPhone with an IPod (lets forget about the storage for a second) and ad the newest technologies, perfekt handling, best quality, then you get the IPhone, that's my opinion at least...

so, I'm not saying I need to have an IPhone... I want to have one because I like all the features... but I wouldn't pay as much for it as 500€ or whatever. maybe if they give it to you for 100 when you make a contract with the cellphone-company, then I'll take one... but that will take 1-2 years here in Germany!

10. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    actually the 599 one has 8gb :D witha 2 year contract :D
    i think its pretty amazing what apple has done with that cellphone :p

as they have said THEY REINVENTED THE PHONE,

heck im convingcing my dad on getting one when they come out in JUNE :D
    lets see how that goes

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Tomke: uuh.... the only "newest technologies" in that phone is the touchscreen..... which have been around for ages. and honestly they don't make for the best interfacing method. granted they help.... but sometimes they're not pinpoint accurate, ESPECIALLY when using your finger. I'm quite happy my Archos 604 WiFi came with a pair of stylus. the screen is close to an inch bigger than the iPhone's..... have to be zoomed out rather far to really see ANYTHING on a webpage, but have to be zoomed in a bit to actually be able to read whatever button you may be clicking, and it's a royal pain to zoom in and out all the time.

As long as the iPhone's WiFi isn't as lame as Zunes, i won't knock that..... but i'd still rather not be seen with an iPod. i'm kinda like the other guy who would rather not be seen with one of them. Not just because of the fact that i hate iPods in general.... but just because of the fact that people basically seem to use iPods as a status symbol. "you're cool if you have an iPod". f*ck that. i'd much rather have something more feature rich than have something that could almost be mistaken for a sample bar of soap you'd get at a hotel room. I didn't even really want to get a RaZR...... but i did. not because everyone else had one... but because i just liked the design of it.

12. ngvuanh

ngvuanh New Member

GPU:
    AIW X600 Pro
    4GB for $499
    8GB for $599
    I dont know how much it would be with 2yrs Cingular contract.

13. Tomke

Tomke Guest

don't you get the phone much cheaper if you sign a contract with some cellphone company? that's how it works in germany... you get most phone (really good ones among those) for 1€ if you sign the contract.

@ElementalDragon: I can understand you when you say "i don't want I Ipod because everyone has one, it's a status symbol."
    but I know many people which see it as their status-symbol to not have an IPod or suchlike... and that pisses me of kind of. it's just as lame as the opposite... (I'm not saying you are one of those, just explaining me reaction...)

And as I said, i think that phone comes in handy espacially for writing mail od the road or things like that, not reading whole pages... it's nice for everything you need to do on the ways like maybe brtting on Ebay or looking something up at a dictionary or something...
    and about the zooming thing, on the apple page the zooming is shown.. it looks really easy and not at all a royal pain, maybe it is with buttons or suchlike.

and with technology i ment mainly the sensor stuff which i think is really nice and the whole OSX-handling buisness... i always loved how IPods can be controlled and the handling of the IPhone seemes to be even better...

14. Orlandoech

Orlandoech Master Guru

GPU:
    Kingston HyperX 8GB SO
    That phone is gorgeous but way too expensive.

15. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    My suggestion, would be to go and watch the Keynote on it.

This isn't a phone, this is a SMART phone, it's a PDA + Phone. It's not a normal phone.

This is taking on things like the O2 etc, PDA/Phone/Music/Video.

That 'touchscreen' isn't just a touch screen, it handles multiple inputs, remember that technology show off with the multiple input Display, and the guy was using all 10 fingers, and zooming in and out by using 2 fingers. The iPhone does that with Photos.

It is reasonably expensive, but compared to others out there....PDA/Phone, it's pretty on-par.

16. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    RIM's top of the line BlackBerry is $649.99 Canadian. It's cheaper than the 8gb iPhone but more expensive than the 4gb. The big difference is that BlackBerry only has 64mb of onboard storage. The base model iPhone offers similar features, and has 64x the amount of on-board storage. The iPhone is obviously the better deal.

Remember that this phone isn't targeted at teenagers or your average Joe. It's for business people.

17. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

that is seriously one of the coolest things i have ever seen. i just watched all those videos on the official site and they are amazing. i am surely going to get one of these.
    anyone know when it will be released? anything on price?

18. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    its targeted for rich people that wanna show off also :D

apple has done a good job here

19. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    again.... how much use would you get out of "multiple inputs" on a 3.5" touchscreen? all you really need is clicking and dragging. it's not like you could GRAB a picture and move it somewhere else. you'd poke it.... slide your finger to move it outa the way. or touch the screen at one side, and tap the other to move to another picture. at 3.5" you could fit about 5 fingers from end to end diagonally..... maybe 4 from one end to the other... and still less from top to bottom. they're practically adding crap that you can't get much use out of.

i still say.... it's a Nano and a phone. you can get an 8GB iPod Nano and a pretty good cell phone for less than they're asking, or a 4GB Nano and phone for less. it probably won't be used by many people as a PDA.... the screen is rather small.

Had it been the general storage size of a regular iPod... then i could see it being worth $499-599USD...... but that wouldn't happen.... because that would require a hard drive, causing battery life to dwindle.

20. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    gay...just like the ipod :thumbdown . sry but i had to say it. everyone in my area only buys ipods and apple product becouse they think it will somehow make them cooler. they tote those white headphones that sound ****ty like they are high seciety. im sure this will be the same.(yea, go ahead and flame):booty: