omega or starstorm

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by bigirb2002, Jan 1, 2004.

1. bigirb2002

bigirb2002 Guest

lol chris

2. Nafta

Nafta Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950/HD4000 MVP
    I use StarStorm 53.03XQ at the moment and they rulz. StarStorm drivers before these I had some wierd stuttering in games, but no more, thanks btw Xaero. Before these I used Omegas, very stable and no problem at all. Omegas were fast but IQ wasn't so good as these StarStorm. StarStorm have very good IQ and very fast on my comp. I don't benchmark or any of that ****. If you have time, go ahead and try Omega and StarStorm.

3. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

Heres how I see things:

Omega Drivers:
    -Good performance
    -Good Quality
    -Same tweaks everytime
    -Works with nvidia so he can't do everything he wants to drivers
    -dosen't release beta's and get drivers out slow
    -ATI kind of deal, His ATi drivers work better than his nvidia drivers
    - 2 kind of drivers repeating over and over
    -dosen't touch the drivers itself just the .inf and uses rivatuner scripts.

StarStorm Drivers
    -Great Performance
    -Great quality
    -Different tweaks in different drivers
    -I don't work with Nvidia so I Hax control panels and anything I want as with unlocking hidden settings.
    -Will release whta is asked by the community and will expirament with whatever drivers are wanted.
    Nvidia kind of deal, Will never touch a ATI card unless tehy bought out Nvidia. 3DFX will never be forgotten 3DFX = Nvidia
    -2 drivers but now a 3rd due to popularity of originals.
    -Will touch .inf for basic tweaks but the real deal is in the nv4_disp.dll and nvcpl.dll.

You the users choose. I have beena fan of Omega's work and without him making some of the first 3rd party drivers there would not be Starstorm Forceware.

4. A3TwIsTeD

A3TwIsTeD New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 5850 1GB
    :cool: AMEN to that brother...I still have my old Voodoo 2 and Voodoo 3 2000 cards kickin' it in in old machines. The Voodoo 3 card spanks my GF4 card in Quake2!!! :D

5. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Well I've used starstorm, omega, and just nvidia cards and I get the exact same performance no matter what I use... I mean the only differnece may be "Look, my drivers increase your frame rate by 2 FPS!"... Unless it's a huge jump like keeping the frame rates out of the 20's during big fights, then it's not really useful...

Although if someone was getting constant 30 frame rates on a game, install your drivers, and now gets 70+.. By all means, use them.

6. Ricksta

Ricksta Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6600 256MB DDR 16x @ 420/500
    THERE ARE STARTSORM AND OMEGA CARDS!? heh...just messin wid ya :)

7. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Well I just gave the starstorm a test with Unreal 2003, Splinter Cell, and Halo. Didn't see any difference frame-wise... My frames on UT2003 actually went down in fights.

I guess if you're having buggy/glitchy problems in your games the StarStorms would help you out.

Sorry about the typo... Froydian slip. :rolleyes:

8. MaddogBC

MaddogBC New Member

GPU:
    asus ti 4800 se 275/555
    lol i haven't heard anything about 3dfx for a long time!
    i'm a hardcore nvidia fan for the same reason
    i had 2 voodoo 2's hooked up in sli for a whopping 24 megs of video horsepower
    was pretty impressive in the games of those days....

my problem is this:
    i run one of the best directx 8 vid cards with omega's 43.45's with no trouble at all
    i've stayed away from any dx9 drivers beacause i play dx8 games. now i recently got NFS7:Underground so i need some good dx9 drivers for the older card

would these Starstorms be a good bet?
    thanks.

9. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    Seems as though everyone else likes them, but I hear that anything about a 45.23 was more or less designed for the FX-Series so I'd say it could go either way.

10. cougart

cougart Member

GPU:
    XFX 5200 FX 256 mb
    Will these drivers improve my framerate much or are they just a different type of driver for different games?

11. Utopia

Utopia Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280x
    I didn't see any framerate increases, but some people do. It may even fix some bugs in your games.. If I were you, I'd try them out anyway and test all your games to see if they play any better.

12. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Snowball's chance in hell that they will actually fix problems as they're based on offical Nvidia drivers.
    Only diff's are registry changes for sharper image quality [Which is noticable cause the LOD is lower] and some poor image replacements in the control panel.
    Few other reg tweaks may benifit FX card users with 256MB RAM.