OLED, QD-OLED, QDEL + Mini, MLA & microLED -> Monitors Super Thread

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by OnnA, Apr 8, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm really thinking about the MPG 321URX. Anyone know of any drawbacks to that monitor? Anyone gone from 21:9 1440p to 16:9 4K recently and can tell me about their experience?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Excellent question.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Could get my hands on a Samsung Odyssey G8 OLED (3440x1440) for 700€.
    I've mostly read negative things about this monitor but maybe it's better now with FW updates?

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

5. piet11111

piet11111 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 24GB X
    Off the top of my head i think it doesnt support dolby vision.
    But for the rest it has passive cooling, a flat screen and the MPG version should fully support firmware updates honestly it is a fantastic monitor only i went asus pg32ucdm for dolby vision (i still havent got it after 4 months but i called the store and i am now nr 3 in the list and they expect the next batch coming in to have 25 monitors so it should be soonTM.)

Netherwind likes this.
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024
    fantaskarsef and piet11111 like this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Should "Reference mode" be used on an OLED?

upload_2024-7-3_13-11-57.png

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I would only use that if you cant set monitor it self to color/brightness/etc they way you want or can set monitor it self to reference standards regardless if it TN/IPS/VA/OLED, but that is me

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    *sigh* very close to ordering the Asus PG32UCDM once it's available here... hope I don't get burn in :confused:

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    1 Year of Normal usage and it's all like new.
    Just remeber to set Turn Off at 3 or 5 min tho ;)

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    IM not using it, prefer to have some controll after all ;) and have Vibrance at 53%, 70% Brightness for reading/studying sRGB BTW.

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I set 3 minutes black screen with my current monitor too to get used to it. Turns off sometimes when I'm just sitting there doing something on paper.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It should be fairly well balanced according to reviews out of the box :)

Brightness 70%? Wow. I actually decreased brightness on the monitor from 50 which is max to 15. Right now I'm trying to get used to it and have some eye fatigue :/ Yesterday I tried working in SDR mode and today I'll try HDR.

Thing is, I cannot trust the G8 to turn itself off :D Once I was gone for 45 minutes and when I came back the screen was still on. I think it only happened once...I think, but do I really need to set-up a webcam to check on the monitor every now and then if it's really off? :D

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

It always a good idea to set your monitor to turn off at set time, for 25+ years I have my monitor set to turn off after 5minutes of no mouse movement, before i did that I had it set to 30 minutes for monitor and 5 minutes for screen saver, long since stoped using them.

I know that windows can screw up turn off function from time to time, after earlier this months update 6/11/24, my monitor no longer turn off if after 5minutes IF i boot up my pc and walk away for more then 5 minutes it will not turn off the monitor. and it still dont if I walk away after turning on, now IF i turn it on and get to desktop and move mouse around it will turn off the monitor correctly after 5 minutes, and i know it update cause it started doing right after first reboot after update. and until few days the only thing that was updated, recent update my nvidia drivers but that didnt fix that,

then again I had time when controller would keep my monitor from going to sleep which was xbox controller driver issue that started speficifly with 1804? builds of win 10 proior to that update that same driver worked fine.

Doggy camm for the monitor, gotta make sure it behaving

Last few monitor i tried before i returned them I had turn brightness down to 30% mine current one been set to 50%, obviously monitor have gotten alot brighter since i bought this Asus vs248h I cant even find specs on this monitor anymore there versions of this that released in 2010~15 with DP connections but this DVI/HDMI and no mode has correct gamma curve.

I do like using Digital Vibrance but I prefer to set color correct on monitor is possible, which cant if i want correct gamma curve which i went back to using but gona long time for my eye to get use the change my eye are use to monitor crushing for more then decade/SPOILER]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well I set black screen sreensaver after 3 minutes, works as intended with my current monitor. But yeah, something like a focus in windows that you're not aware of can be a PITA if some yt is bugging out out of focus...
    And if it's woken up by anything here, it's probably a Poltergeist :eek:

I was starting to seriously consider having a Poltergeist for 5 minutes this year. The lights in my kitchen have infra red barrier switches where you just have to swipe below to activate (I thought this was a decent thing, kitchen, dirty hands etc.).
    Turns out, sun shining into the living room bounces off the floor tiles, so it hits the sensors somewhat from below and unintentionally, and the scattered and lowerd strength of sunlight makes it sometimes, at dusk particularly, turn on and off as I watch.
    But I love how scientific thinking and figuring it out with testing (closing blinds was the givaway) can help against blind belief, superstition, and Poltergeister.

Loved that one :D

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The stupid screen has a BT controller which might have been set off or something :D Or the WiFi, Idk but having these functions seem pointless to me.

Lol, that poltergeist story was funny :D But yea, interesting how technology can "bug out" leaving room for the supernatural. I've forgotten to turn off a BT speaker located in a closet and got scared when I heard something play from that closet, not paying attention to which source I had selected on my phone.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Customer point of view (PoV)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2024
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I noticed in the nvidia control panel, my lg c3 is set to 10-bit, but the drop down allows me to go to 12-bit. Should I do this? Is it useful?

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I have like this, now it's at 230Hz BTW. Also deleted 4k for DSR-ML to work properly.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2024
    Serotonin likes this.