OLED, QD-OLED, QDEL + Mini, MLA & microLED -> Monitors Super Thread

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by OnnA, Apr 8, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Hiku

Hiku Member

GPU:
    4080 @3.0/25Ghz
    Im not sure but on Dell AW3432DW (same panel?):
    - 8bit 175Mhz
    - 10bit 144Mhz ... becouse DP 1.4 (bandwidth limit).

signex likes this.
  2. Johnnymi

Johnnymi Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same. My 3440x1400 175Hz G8 OLED has stuttering or juddering when I enable 10bit color so I left it at 8bit since this monitor has no 144Hz mode in between 175 and 120Hz.

signex likes this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 16GB
    Yes same here.

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    this a proper future proofed gaming monitor
    it busts real world blur caused by DSC @ 4K if you use DP 2.1
    so this is far more like an effective 500Hz monitor because the more frames you're getting @ 4K the more likely compression artefacts creep in.

i can guarantee it will out perform the exact same panel w/o DP 2.1 especially vs HDMI 2.1 which has just over half the bandwidth so it must use DSC.
    with a gpu with DP 2.1 outputs there is no (or limited) need for DSC

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Anyone know wether the new MAG 271QPX QD-OLED E2 is Glossy or Matte?

MSI website only lists Anti-Reflection, but there are also Glossy Anti-Reflection surfaces.

I need a Matte panel due to my room lighting.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

TheDeeGee likes this.
  8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    You'd think MicroLED is closer than we think it is?

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    We need OLED Tech for now, it's best for gaming IMhO.
    Im waiting for MicroOLED.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Im also more like W OLED. Really good for sure. But i will stick with 1440p for another 3-5Y for now.

Last edited: May 29, 2024

11. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moravec's paradox
    This guy, LOL.

Please.

"OLED ruined me"

Are people not clicking hard enough on his stuff?

Hiku, TheDigitalJedi and tunejunky like this.
  12. piet11111

piet11111 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 24GB X
    Still waiting on my Pg32UCDM got a weekly update email today with a "delivery time unknown" Asus what the heck are you lot not shipping monitors to western europe ?

Ordered on februari 20th

TheDigitalJedi and tunejunky like this.
  13. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    this is typical and logistics based.
    it's also totally unfair to conflate "availability" with "pre-order", but that's exactly what they did.
    in a very strange version of "you have it better than" geography doesn't play a role. "you have it better than" the same bloke in Australia.

the only display manufacturer that plays it straight is Samsung (direct sales), they offer up pre-orders as pre-orders but you also get it drop shipped before everyone else.

when i bought my pg42 i waited three months after "availability" before ordering and it still took two weeks - which is shocking given i'm on the US west coast.
    i've gotten stuff direct from China in 10 days or less.

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Anxiously waiting on 4K 240Hz / 1080p 480Hz reviews... if I decide to get one, I'll probably have it hands on in late summer (at best), if not, at least the newer models should become available.

Like I sometimes say to friends, "capitalism is in a bad state if you have money, but can't get what you want with it".

15. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i just wanted to go "into the weeds" a bit for piet11111

the model numbers have some different suffixes for region and electrical standards.
    the model itself has been finalized but the product hitting the market needs to meet E.U. and other standards which must be verified.
    this factor is dealt with before customs. customs rules are different everywhere, but even within the EU you have different electrical standards and plug configurations.in the US and Canada the product also has to gain the Underwriters Laboratory seal of approval.

i'm not making excuses for Asus (or anyone else) as they've decided to market what's not yet on the market in your country.

there have been many, many times a product has needed to be revised from anything to wiring to the materials used in making the cabinet, let alone the underlying technology.

but that is why it takes time. in this case it's also why a top tier manufacturer has a crap customer service record because they purposefully lacked clarity

TheDigitalJedi and piet11111 like this.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Ok Gurus, strongly considering an OLED even though I feel they aren't completely ready for PC. I'm curious. What has the least amount of ABL and seems most stable? I have my eye on the Alienware 34 inch awdf everyone talks about, but the more user reviews I read, the more it seems it's well known to die within a year of use, just not power back on. Also has pink hue lines? I saw a Phillips with the same panel, and it's odd, one reviewer will say it's the best OLED they've used, then another says the HDR 1000 is the worst they've ever seen.

17. piet11111

piet11111 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 24GB X
    True all the certification is handled with the CE mark (Conformitè Europëenne) to indicate that any product is in compliance with European legislation.
    Socket type might be an issue but i am in the netherlands so part of the largest block
    [​IMG]

My issue is more that Asus announced this monitor on august 22nd 2023 and started selling them februari 16th so to me they ought to have had a reasonable amount of monitors in storage per country but on reddit i read about a lot of people who cant find this monitor anywhere.
    I suspect that Dell managed to make a deal to buy the lions share of the screens in order to beat the other monitor manufacturers as i do not see those popping up in stores either.

Im just being grumpy because i also want to buy a monitor arm but i need to wait for a definitive date that i will have my monitor to keep that arm in the legal return window should it somehow not be compatible.

18. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    the most stable OLED is the W-OLED, plus you have far less luminance fade over time.
    that said, the newest QD-OLEDs ( +175Hz refresh) are much more stable and incorporate better cooling.

the Phillips Evnia OLED is not HDR1000, so if someone says it's the worst they've ever seen their nose might be growing.
    i will say this for a fact, over long gaming sessions you will have less eye fatigue with the ambilight engaged.
    right now it's also the least expensive QD-OLED in many markets.

the magenta/pink hues are a function of the QD when seen off angle in bright rooms. it doesn't affect gameplay or has any visual impact on the signal being displayed - except for off angle where you wouldn't be

imho, the best OLED for the least is one of the best but with a less luxurious stand. it's a LG WOLED panel with MLA.
    you get the best anti-burn in the industry offers with LG's newer pixel layout so productivity is a breeze with a fraction of the "fringing" effect - especially over QD-OLED and it's 240Hz. it's the KTC 27" OLED - you get the same panel with a nicer stand from LG for +$150.
    it's been on sale as low as $625

TheDigitalJedi and Serotonin like this.
  19. piet11111

piet11111 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 24GB X
    https://tftcentral.co.uk/articles/e...d-oled-and-the-need-for-new-metrics-and-specs

I strongly recommend you read this before making a decision on what oled technology you want to go with when it comes to viewing experience.

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB