OLED, QD-OLED, QDEL + Mini, MLA & microLED -> Monitors Super Thread

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by OnnA, Apr 8, 2022.

Tags:
  1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It can hit 1000nits according to the reviews,

pedropaulo likes this.
  2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    through DP only 10bit possible

DP can carry sound to the speakers which is cool

tunejunky likes this.
  3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    If I do that on my Samsung S95C OLED TV all manner of hell breaks loose with no display.
    It took a long time to get it even functioning with 10bit UHD and HDR, it only works properly with an optical HDMI lead.
    When I enable 12bit, no display ever and the input on the TV has to be reset along with the driver or its a nightmare long waste of time.
    It has been perfect staying at 10bit. This TV is such a pita with HDMI leads.

My brother uses an 8K QLED Samsung TV that does the same on his PC, he also ended up with an optical HDMI lead to fix it.
    Samsung have some serious answering to do for the shite HDMI sections on some TVs.
    This really fkd me off for a long time and almost had the TV sent back.
    Do any monitors have really poor HDMI inputs?

Icanium and tunejunky like this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    1000 Hz: TCL CSOT shows monitor with highest refresh rate

More -> https://www.computerbase.de/2024-05/1000-hz-tcl-csot-zeigt-monitor-mit-hoechster-bildwiederholrate/

Meanwhile, gaming monitors have cracked the brand of 500 Hz refresh rate. But that is not how the end of the flagpole is far from reached.
    The Chinese display manufacturer TCL CSOT is now moving a little closer to the dream of the 1,000-Hz monitor and shows the world's first 4K display with 1,000 Hz.

In its press release, TCL CSOT speaks of the highest refresh rate in the world and a groundbreaking innovation that could herald a new era in gaming.
    The company is currently showing a monitor equipped with the fast panel on Display Week 2024 as images from Blurbusters website.
    Blurbusters is known for its testing of motion blur (UFO tests) and tracks the industry's technical developments to ever faster displays that can display moving scenes such as games practically without streaks.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Turns out my monitor can't handle DSR at all, NV control panel doesn't shoe DSR at all

6. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    Neither does mine.

kx11 likes this.
  7. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

not a problem happens a lot from shipping
    just reset the panel by going into the pixel care menu

pedropaulo likes this.
  8. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    How frequence you are doing it, don't do image cleaning if not needed. Do too often can also reduce the life span of OLED. Only do when needed as the auto cleaning process is already more than enough.

One of my LG OLED had similar issue, but it is vertically when just bough, the manual cleaning does solve it and it never happen again anymore. Not sure yours is similar case or not but you said it only happened after image cleaning, so I not sure.

9. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    Oh, I didn't know that...I was manually performing an image cleaning twice a day. The issue actually occurred right after an image cleaning. Performing another one didn't resolve it nor did resetting to defaults, it required a hard reset. Anyway, it's good to know I'm not the only one and that it was fixable without having to do an RMA.

Andrewtst and tunejunky like this.
  10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    New bios AORUS FO32U2

Fix the issue with Pixel Clean not being able to auto-start at standby mode.

tunejunky and OnnA like this.

11. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    smoking hot deal on the 'zon

$799

SAMSUNG 34" Odyssey G85SB Series QD-OLED Ultra WQHD Curved Gaming Monitor, 175Hz, 0.03ms, DisplayHDR True Black 400, AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, Advanced Game Streaming, LS34BG850SNXZA, 2023

OnnA likes this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ~619$

tunejunky likes this.
  13. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT

tunejunky likes this.
  14. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
  15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    So having tried the EIZO CS2731 last week because i had to see the IPS Glow for myself, i returned it and came to the conslusion OLED is my only way out. 27" Inch 1440p 16:9 does seem to be what i want though, so atleast i figured that out. Also since i was willing to get the CS2731 a budget of €1000 is well within range.

Now, i read that matte works best in rooms that arn't pitch black, which i how i use my monitor. I also read that LG has the worst matte coating to the point where it's grainy looking. My current EIZO CX240 is matte but not grainy, i've experience grainy matte once and it's indeed terrible.

QD-OLED appears mostly glossy and has a magenta tint to the screens, from what i gathered. WOLED seems to be what it boils down to then. I probably won't notice the text difference between QD and WOLED at 85cm away from the screen either.

I also have to add that i'm a low brightness user, i use my current monitor at only 50cd/m² because my eyes are rather sensitive to bright lights once the night falls.

I would prefer it has a VESA mount incase the stand is butt ugly, i prefer the simplistic function over form looks from EIZO.

Now what options does that leave me with for a Matte 1440p 27" 16:9 OLED Monitor. I'm not in a hurry at all though, as i know there are more monitors coming out this year.

tunejunky likes this.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

tunejunky likes this.
  17. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    many options.
    just a note the QD-OLED magenta tint is only visible off axis in well lit conditions, it doesnt affect the color temperature

also the complaints about the screen coating are overwrought and amount to arguing how many angels fit on the head of a pin to anyone coming from IPS or VA which have the same type of coatings that've never been complained about before.
    the issue is just because TVs are glossy, folks play on their console, and get freaked when buying a dedicated monitor.
    in +80% of all circumstances glossy is bad because now you have to fight ambient and direct light.

the best deal is a 2nd gen MLA LG panel from KTC between $600-700 depending on promotion
    the same LG panel is +$100 but still within your range.
    also within your range is the same QD-OLED panel on the Alienware for -$200 off is the Phillips Evnia which has a nice backlight (not gimmicky)
    MSI (may be more in EU) has the latest gen QD-OLED around $800

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The Phillips Evnia looks nice indeed, sadly don't see a OLED variant on any of their websites, not 2560x1440 anyways, same for KTC.

The panels from MSI and Alienware all appear to be glossy, which is a no go.

tunejunky likes this.
  19. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    pedropaulo likes this.
  20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    This is what's available in the Netherlands right now.

The LG 27GS95QE-B appears to have a matte coating, sadly comes with a stupid power brick.

Guess i'll wait and see what comes along in the future, my current monitor is still working as it was new anyways.

Schermopname (595) kopiëren.jpg

tunejunky likes this.