1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok picked up a evga 780i sli board and putting a q6600 in it but have a few questions?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by dudecat64, Jul 19, 2019.

1. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 6gb mini
    1st - how good is this motherboard - I got it for $20 never been used from a guy who never used it
    2nd - will corsair ddr xms2 -6400 ram work in it?
    3rd - how is this driver set for windows 10? Any known issues?
    4th - this pc will be used for surfing the web watching youtube facebook type stuff - will it work fine for that with a amd rx 550 2gb model?
    5th - any type of overclocking with this motherboard?
    Thats all for now. If i remember any more i will ask then lol.

2. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    Many
    Google the EVGA 780 board or visit there forums, a lot of people had issue's with that board. I forget exactly, think it was the "FF" Fully Fawked error, this was the same board was the P45'S. Glad i went with Gigabyte on this platform, there DQ6X48 board where killers you cant even find one now.

3. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 6gb mini
    will keep that in mind thanks.

4. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    FF fully faked hahaha good one bro.

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080FTW
    If i remember correctly the 6400 was 800mhz....the board will will take 1066 but not sure about 1333, the q6600 should be oc`able if you can find a good enough cooler, the 780 sli was a great board back in the day and so was the Q6600....i had the same setup.....but that was back in the day, might make a nice little retro system but dont expect it to work forever...treat every day like its last....give it the love and attention it deserved many years ago and dont shout at it when it struggles with Crysis.