OK now I know you all will help and sign this.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TyrantofJustice, Aug 5, 2009.

1. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    This is a legit petition and seems to be open to anyone,

I have it on facebook for ppl to sign as well.

It is to allow the state of Indiana to sell alcohol on Sunday's and also to allow regular stores (super Markets) to sell cold beer,at this time only liquor stores sell cold beer and charge a dollar premium to do so.

This go around there are already 10,000 more signatures.

I would like my beer cold and the convience of grabbing it while the wife and I shop because it feels wrong driving up to the liquor store with the kids.

http://www.beveragechoices.com/index.html

2. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Wait, what? NO where in Indiana can sell alcohol on Sundays? And you can't buy chilled alcohol anywhere except liquor stores?

3. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    wow, thats pretty lame. go America!

4. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    If it allowed people to sign from out of state, said signers would be omitted from final results. I shouldn't be able to petition your state law

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Lol? That's one state. Over here we can do all of that with no problem.

6. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Who is to say you did not once reside here or have family here that you frequent?

I do not see how you would be omitted this is just ppl getting sigs to bring to the state.

And no not anywhere except bars or restaurants can serve alcohol on sunday's here.

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    and i though it was crap that they reduced offlicences( including selling alcohol in supermarkets ) closing times from 11PM every night to 10PM here in ireland

8. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Because Indiana is a seperate state, my opinion doesn't matter there, the only reason states abide by the federal limit of 21 is for highway dollars, alcohol is a state right, being from another state, it doesn't lie in our domain to pass judgement, therefore my opinion has no bearing. If I could I would.

9. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Just like in the other thread where he said an americans opinion doesn't matter :bang:

10. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    Just buy beer on Saturday and keep some in the fridge for next Sunday. Problem solved! :D

11. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    :thumbup:

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    petitions rarely seem to go anywhere. i'm live in indiana and i could care less about buying on sunday, i just do it smart and buy it on saturday night assuming i didnt buy it friday night like normal people.

13. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Yea doug, we can have an opinion, but he was asking for my signature, which wouldn't matter and wouldn't count, different story.

14. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well idk that's what I presumed Nagasaki meant in the other thread

15. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Where can we buy alcohol on Sunday? I either drive up to Temperance(Michigan), or stock up on Saturday.Of course, I mean hard liquor,not beer.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    When was that law introduced? I thought you used to be able to buy it at Meijers?

17. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Crazyace is right, that's how it works here in Indiana. I've always stocked up on Friday or Saturday. There have been times though where I've gone overboard on Saturday and screwed myself for Sunday...So, I'll sign.

18. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Supposedly they put this law into afect some years ago where there was no alcohol on sunday's.

Then they let restaurants and bars sell on sundays.

As far as buying it friday...yeah that is the norm but when you have a bunch of kids and alot going on and you are planning a BBQ and invite ppl over than sunday morning say ok I am off to get some beer then go **** it is fraking Sunday and now all the ppl are coming and you have nothing to drink besides apple juice or iced teas it kinda sucks to say the least.

Where I grew up in N.Y. I never knew a sunday where you could buy any booze until a few years before I left they let liquor stores sell from certain hours on Sunday but only a handful of them decided to open on sunday.

19. SWadkins

SWadkins Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX295+9800GTX
    You guys in Indiana have it good! Where my parents live in Heber Springs, Arkansas, it A dry county and the most of Arkansas and Missouri. When I come to visit I have to bring my own Bier from germany with me or drive A 100 miles to the next county

20. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Wasn't there something stating there would be a separation of church and state laws somewhere? Oh! Right! I remember now, it was in the Constitution! What a joke that turned out to be :rolleyes: