Ok man...i'm begging you...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by GROGtheNailer, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Need some help with a problem that is driving me nuts and if one of you guys can help me...well...let's just say " you the man !! "<br>
    <br>
    Here is my issue. Just got a Geforce 2 MX 400 ( Visiontek ) and since then my Microsoft Sidewinder gamepads are acting really stange. Games like Madden 2002 and High Heat 2001 ( all games needing a game pad really). What's happening is that when in the in-game menu's it scrolls around and brings up other menu's when i'm not even hitting buttons ! Games are getting unplayable. During games its like buttons are being pressed but im not the one pressing them...it will switch players on me, swing bat, scroll through menu's, etc.<br>
    <br>
    Anyone know what is going on ?? I'm ready to weep really. Tried the 12.41 , 12.90's ( these ones didnt work w/ High heat ) , the VisionTek drivers, and am currently using the 14.70's which seem to work well except for my little aggravating f^%#I** problem. All these drivers have the same gamepad issue. All worked fine with my Voodoo 3 3000 card.<br>
    <br>
    Here is some specs.<br>
    <br>
    Windows ME<br>
    <br>
    Geforce 2 mx400 AGP VisionTek<br>
    <br>
    Soundblaster Live! Value<br>
    <br>
    P-3 800<br>
    <br>
    Asus cuv4x motherboard<br>
    <br>
    256 Ram<br>
    <br>
    Is it a soundcard issue ? Maybe reinstall OS ?Please im begging ya...help a brother out ?

2. nVambat

nVambat Guest

You r out of luck here, just go reformay your harddrive and reinstall everything, there is only a very remote hope of annihilating the legacy stuff inflicted by a Voodoo3/4/5 when you jump onto an nvidia. resistance are practically more futile, in my experience.

3. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

there is an article on voodoo to geforce upgrades on the main page

4. AHAH ! New info .....I had 2 Sidewinders hooked up, unplugged the second one from the first one and seems to work. Question is...whats going on ? I'd really like to have that second Sidewinder attached to to first one so more than one person can play. Anyone know whats going on ?

5. mrfishbsme

mrfishbsme Guest

I assume that these are usb game controllers.<br>
    I had a Force feedback 2 and a sidewinder on the same usb channel and well, bad things happened.<br>
    Checking out microsoft's FAQ they showed this being an issue.<br>
    <br>
    If you have or can have 4 usb ports on a motherboard, this help.<br>
    <br>
    KT7A-RAid has such an option as do many boards.<br>
    <br>
    I put FFB2 on the MB usb ports and the sidewinder on the cable usb set<br>
    This fixed the problem.<br>
    If you don't have (4) usb ports, I belive the cable is very cheap.<br>
    <br>
    install VIa chipset drivers 4.32<br>
    <br>
    Also, make sure your running the usb filter for VIA cipsets.<br>
    go here: <A HREF="http://www.viatech.com/jsp/en/driver/search.jsp" TARGET=_blank>http://www.viatech.com/jsp/en/driver/search.jsp</A><br>
    and download: usbf108.exe<br>
    <br>
    12.90 is a great set of drivers. use detonator destroyer.

6. These are not USB gamepads. Tried 12.90 drivers but Highheat had direct x issues with it.

7. Disp

Disp New Member

GPU:
    BFG 260 GTX
    I use a microsoft gamepad as well and had the same problem with madden2002.The only thing I could do to stop it was to remove my logitech wheel.Seems like it just didnt like having more than one controller connected at a time.<br>