ok i'm pissed....

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Xion999, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Xion999

Xion999 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga GTX 580
    NVIDIA really ****ED UP the 6600 GT. I swear, it does good on some games/apps, but it goes SLOWER than my ti 4200 in Direct3D games and LOCKS UP in really non-gpu instensive games like POCKET TANKS!!!! WHAT THE ****?!?!?!
    Anyonw else having similar isues?! I swear I AM SO ****ING SICK OF COMPUTER PARTS NOT WORKING!

2. oVerxzrs

oVerxzrs Guest

lol... Calm yourself and go through EVERY possibility of something else being the problem.

Check EVERY driver to see it is up to date (motherboard, CPU, ANYTHING.... and yes, they do release CPU drivers)

3. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    What driver are you using? You need 67.03 I think for the 6600GT.

4. Xion999

Xion999 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga GTX 580
    I reformatted 3 TIMES. THREE. updated drivers over and over THEN installed the official 67.03 drivers. SAME RESULTS EVERY TIME. I AM SO ****ING PISSED. (excuse my language but considering I spent all the money I have at the moment to buy this thing, it not working really irritates me).

5. tmehanna

tmehanna Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280 OC2
    Ti4200 would probably run some DX9 games faster than the 6600 because they'd be running in DX8.1 mode not DX9. Try disabling fastwrites for better stability.

6. Gnarg!

Gnarg! Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 X2 (HIS)
    6600 8.1 cards? Why would they make a 6000 series card 8.1? That seems rather dumb?

7. compgeek89

compgeek89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    no, he said the TI's!

8. adrichardson

adrichardson Guest

Not trying to patronise, but you did remember to install the chipset drivers didn't you? (worried cos I was thinking aout getting one myself)

9. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT 350/1100
    try this.

in bios:
    *disable/tweak with spread spectrum options in bios

*disable/enable fastwrites

*set agp speed to 4x.

*up the agp voltage from 1.5 to 1.6-1.7

in windows advanced properties.

*turn down hardware accelleration down a notch.

*disable write combining.

10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    If you've done a proper install, with all the drivers installed...including DX9.0c, and it still locks up....RMA it. I've heard that nV had a batch of bad 6600 core which various partners got...which explains why this problem isn't restricted to just one or two partners. I've heard complaints of locks/freezes/artifacts from MSI/ALbatron/LeadTek, Pixelview/etc...just about every nV card maker.

11. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT 350/1100
    indeed. something is very wrong with agp 6600gts. european retailers are getting highest rma retuns ever and nearly every computer forums is being flooded with agp 6600gt related problems. i hope it is just a bad batch and not some other problem. some have speculated and i'm leaning to believe it's due to the bridge chip. even ati warned about it. that's why they didn't rush their bridge chip out and are still working on it.

12. Great Satan

Great Satan Guest

I agree with you on this, my new MSI 6600GT agp, is having similar problems, Artifacts and Spikes everywhere in D3D only..and benchmark programs as well.
    No problem with OpenGL though...
    I agree there are probably bad chips or a rush to get them out to us and I hope when I rma my card that the next one isn't screwed up.
    By the way what's your bios on your 6600GT??
    My Msi is bios 5.43.02.35.07

Please let me know yours as well as any other brands out there, maybe some company released a fix for us and we don't even now it...I know Galaxy has a newer bios for the 6600GT

Thanks

13. Xcell

Xcell Active Member

GPU:
    6600gt Leadtek
    i got lucky , my 6600gt is running great

14. Great Satan

Great Satan Guest

Could you please tell me the Brand you have for your 6600GT?? And if you could the bios?? Please

15. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Mine is also runnig stable and with decent frames. Not near the bench´s posted on the internet but wich i believe is due to the fact that these cards need fast cpu´s.
    All i did was replace my 9600xt, runed driver cleaner, installed new drivers ,dx9 and mobo drivers.
    At this point the main issues are temps (on load 60-62ºC) with a room temp 0f 19ºC and occasional drop of frames. In HL sometimes i see strange colours on surfaces that reflect ligh, believe driver issue. Source stress with no aa and af-89. With 4xaa and 16AF-76. I was expecting higher loss of frames with this settings.
    Gameplay in call of duty:UN at 1152x864 4xaa, 16af is betwen 25 to 90 fps sometimes more in closed areas.
    The fact that a lot of these cards are rma is in my opinion due to several factors.
    Defective cards, bad instalation, low PSU, and the lack of a decent drive. The benchs posted induceed in error creating the ilusion that this card was a killer in games. Not interely true. Maybe the bridge is to blame but if nvidia does not fix this issue it would be a tremendous blow to them because this card was been anounced as a small revolution in midstream cards and gaming.
    I´m available to provide every information and benches that you need about my specific card and it´s perfomance. So if needed please let me know.
    Good luck to those tath havent still fixed their cards.

16. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II
    I think this is the main problem that nvidia is having. They messed up the Fx series, hopefully, these problems with the 6*** series will be solved with further revisions.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  17. ekwhite

ekwhite Guest

Add XFX to that list. I just sent in an RMA request to NewEgg for my unit. Going out to get a power splitter cord at Fry's, as the power connector on my HP won't quite reach my card. I knew there was a reason I usually build my own...

18. b|1ng b|1ng

b|1ng b|1ng Guest

pocket tanks? lol that must be the best game eva