ok! i'm fed up of people telling me to....

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ice_chiney, Feb 7, 2008.

1. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    I suspect we'll see multi-core GPU's eventually, but not very soon. For now, increasing the number of pipelines/units in a single core seems to be the best solution for scaling performance.

No mater how you do it, having two or more gpu's (whether on the same core or just multiple chips on the same board) is still the same as the way it is now. There are certainly some benefits, like less space required in total, cost savings for us, etc... But the software technology would be practically identical. The graphics load would still have to be split and handled in software (ie, drivers for example).

But I personally would rather the companies focus on increasing performance on a single core, single gpu, single card.

Yes, I have SLI - and I had a crossfire system before this one (with 1900's) - and there is MOST DEFINTELY a benefit. I can increase IQ and still play at my 1920x1200 native resolution.

You can say SLI sucks... But if you know what to expect in the first place, then the cost isn't such a drag.

2. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    If you have a huge monitor (let's say 1600x1200 and bigger) then you kind of need a dual card solution, if you want full settings. Of course some will beg to differ but...If your one GTS is not giving you the performance you want right now as of this moment then get another one. If not then I suggest you wait.

And Knighthawk how can we listen to you...you tried to hook up one GTS to twelve 42 inch monitors...

3. afi84

afi84 Member

GPU:
    evga 8800gt superclocked

so basicly your sick of people who know what they are talking about telling you not to waste money on unproven wastefull technolagy such as sli because you want to look cool and have 2 videocards running? im i on track so far? Be my gues go buy another gts for a couple hundred bucks, meanwhile ill stick with my single card and game just as good as you can with a few hundred dollars still in my pocket

4. Lethal Abz

Lethal Abz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470
    if u really want SLI then no one is stopping you

5. ice_chiney

ice_chiney Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual 690s
    u just made me laugh

and no that wasnt cold

im not from USA and UK either

and this thread wasnt about my english..

now go fcuk yourself :banana:

im takin into consideration wat u guys are saying....

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  6. Tanner Crab

Tanner Crab Member

GPU:
    8800GTS series 1
    Those bananas aren't fcuking themselves, they're fcuking each other.

And sli is for suckers because a card always comes out not too long after that alone beats sli of the previous model. Do you really have nothing better to do with all that cash? Maybe you should treat a girl (or boy) like a princess rather than wank on your fan box.

7. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Perhaps, but some people crave more frames per second and REALLY smooth gameplay, not everyone is a wanker ;) (but yeah I suppose most of them are) :)

8. gandalf21502

gandalf21502 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 260GTX 216, 700/2300
    If you want SLI then go for it, really is simple as that. If you have the spare $$$ then do it. THOUGH SLI really isn't worth the price for perfomance. Wait for a good DUAL GPU from Nvidia.

9. ice_chiney

ice_chiney Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual 690s
    i understand wat u saying gandalf

yall makin me laugh yes

e-gangster

lol

yall must be really young yes

10. Knighthawk1234

Knighthawk1234 Member Guru

GPU: