1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok, I got a question

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Dave, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

In our profile we have the space for our sys specs.
    But we have been bugging for the database, is this planned for the future?

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Well, did you find the script would be looking for ?

I have something in mind though. Displaying the VBB profile entries under the avatar, but that requires code changes.

3. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

what I had in mind was much more complicated, of course.

would it be possible to not list just the specs, but the dets and the 3dmark scores as well, and let a user create a database of their own?

Wouldn't take up that much more space, and the search could then include similar score ranges or det drivers.:hort:

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Guru3D.com's most requested option I guess.

Well, a bit of good news. I asked Stefan if he knew a vbb mod that could do funtions like these and he said no ..

However, he's going to give it a try of programming it himself. So keep you fingers crossed, it would be a really nice addition to the site if he manages to do that.

:devil:

5. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    I still think Guru3D should have its own benchmark program and database :} something fast and simple.

6. Rumple

Rumple Maha Guru

Steady on Marty. A benchmark prog can take two or three years to produce and then get it fit for human consumption. It would be handy though if someone reading this, also happens to be nearing completion of such a prog and was looking to place it somewhere where it would get a lot of air time!

7. WeaZel

WeaZel Guest

well well well i've finaly been answered. if we got a pcdb this site would kick some serious ass!

8. Martys Web

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    Yes and if we had our own Guru3D benchmark tool to use with it then it would be even cooler :}

9. ph33r_php

ph33r_php Guest

What Kind of database are we talking about??? mySQL and php would do really good. I believe one of the best languages for the web would be just straight php. So you could administrate this whole website off of a database driven website.

10. Martys Web

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    We are allmost converted to that now. But only Hilbert knows for sure about the DB part.

11. ph33r_php

ph33r_php Guest

Personally it would be really cool, if the team here at guru3d got together and I would help if needed, design a custom made forum that way it would be your own, any features would be easy to add, anything needed could be added with the click of a button!.... and I know we could do it... so what do you guys think?