Oh my god don't buy COD4 now..

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Wanny, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

The servers are just CRAP, laggy, unstable. NOTHING WORKS!

Way to go.. IW.

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    hmm cant say ive personally ran into any problems with the PS3 version but ive read that a lot of people are having difficulties logging in or staying connected and thats with the PS3 and 360 versions apparently.

3. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Ye they are working on it.. But you might want to try the following..

4. Vorpal

Vorpal Member Guru

GPU:
    680GTX
    I've put several hours into multiplay already and it's been a perfect experience so far for.

5. kgb_m3

kgb_m3 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 260gtx 216 SSC SLi
    Haven't got COD4 for PS3 yet but what I did was set static IP for PS3 and 360 and opened all the ports, demiliteraized it or whatever it's called. My connection is a lot better now.

6. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    Seems to be the norm for games with a large on-line part these days. Publishers really should be aware of the need to support the on-line content with a healthy supply of fast servers ready for the rush.

7. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    I bought it for the offline, and it has the best presentation of any game I've ever played, even better than STALKER and BioShock

It's worth the money just for the single player

8. sl3000gt94

sl3000gt94 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 675/1566/1900
    Same here..I think my game play of games are 95% single player and 5% multi.
    Even though COD4 was little short I beat it in 3days it was worth the 59.99 cause the game was really fun and very visually pleasing.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    although I been playing it on PC, this game rocks online!!! Only think I would change is the scale of some of te maps.. they feel a little squished at times.. specially for 32/32 servers .. eek

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

even 18/18 feels squished. 32/32, outch :p

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well, we can't log on at all right now. It's all bugged, been laggy all day.

Yay....

12. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    Yeah, console online multiplayer is like that, especially considering all the numpties who think they can run torrents on their pc and play xbox/ps3 at the same time online...

man, some people in a gears of war game didn't believe me that that would give them lag playing on 360... pretty dumb, some people.

13. Vorpal

Vorpal Member Guru

GPU:
    680GTX

360 or PS3 version? I got the PS3 version and have been playing about 1-2 hours of Multiplay a day since it games out. It's always been 100% perfect for me. Maybe the 360 multiplay is clogged up having a lot more players or something?

14. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    IW are working on the problems that the PSN is coming up against, the PSN COD4 network team have been working on the problem all weekend.. Servers have been upgraded with new hardware and alike installed, its not a problem your end its a problem with the amount of traffic that the server's are having to handle...

You will notice that these problems only started since the EU release of the game and the sudden haul of traffic i.e since last Friday..

it will work, have faith... its the best game on the market right now and once they optimize their servers it will flow like a summer stream.....

Im still waiting on my Pre Release, frigging gameplay.co.uk

15. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    Well this is dumb I beat single player, which is amazing, now I want to play online and it isnt working, i went through and opened all the ports and everythign

16. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    I've been playing 48 man hardcore SnD on PC, and I'm seeing 64 player servers sprouting up. You CoD4 console guys have no idea what you're missing. :D

17. willvx

willvx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 640/1880
    OT here, but what's SnD...I'm rather curious??? I probably go Doh! when I hear the answer...

18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Search and Destroy game mode in CoD 4's multiplayer

19. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I have been playing on my PC and find it to be one of the best Multiplayer games ever. I'm enjoying the Multi even more than the single player. Hope they get the problems worked out as you people are missing out on some killer Multiplayer. I find it much better than Halo3 Mutiplayer, anyone else agree?

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well right now I would say buy it, because it's all fixed. No more server problem on the ps3.