oh man, im just got more confused about my hd t.v. help

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by jetfx, Nov 1, 2008.

1. jetfx

jetfx Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 670GTX DCIITOP 2G
    i just got my new 1080p 42" LG hdtv. i bought the tv to be able to see all my movies and tv series that i have in my computer, most of them are 720p and 2 of them 1080p. lol its hard to find those ones.

so here is my dilemma, im using a VGA cable right now, and i'm pretty happy with it, but a friend of mine keeps telling me to drop the VGA cable and use the hdmi, so i went and bought an dvi to hdmi converter, and decided to take a little tour on google with the VGA vs HDMI . so i spend about 3 hrs of continuing reading on the issue. i'm afraid to say that, in this moment i am way more confused about it, than i was before.. so here i am, praying for a good advice. what shall i use???

i am only interested in video quality. not audio

many say that the vga has better colors, but a little bit less sharpness

sorry for the bad engilsh :)

thank you all

2. pukingdog

pukingdog New Member

GPU:
    msi geforce gtx260 896mb
    most tv's wont do 1080p over a vga cabel i think
    So if you want 1080p you will have to go for dvi-> hdmi.

3. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    +1

Also, why not just try out both and see which one you prefer yourself?

When I bought a Blu Ray player, all the magazines recommended one made by Panasonic, however, I got the Sony because I thought the colours seemed more natural.

4. tommyg86

tommyg86 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 6870
    I have both going to my TV, When I watch movies I switch to the HDMI, normal pc use and stuff I leave it on the VGA. It's simple, just make profiles in your video driver application and then load what you want when you need that profile to be up.

5. mcantu

mcantu Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti 1 GB
    i have a 32" 1080p TV that i use as my PC monitor and TV. i use a VGA cable for the PC input and HDMI from the cable box with no problems. i do, however, use a UXGA cable that handles higher resolutions...