1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.107 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Running it as Administrator?

2. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    yes, i have no idea why its a pain

3. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Use the Adguard UUP link instead, it generates everything it needs and creates the ISO at the end

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I installed this build over the weekend (17763.1) from build 17134.x and so far it seems to be working great. It fixed the issues I had with the NetFlix not staying signed in (but sadly not the Flipboard app...) and Setting > ~Apps > Default Apps > Set defaults by apps now *finally* works without closing after a few seconds.

I did have some odd issues with a few games not working properly, i.e. the FIFA 19 Trial would absolutely refuse to run fullscreen in either DX11 or DX12 and would show the title bar. However, reinstalling the v411.63 WHQL graphics driver again resolved the issue. I know from past experience that sometimes drivers don't get reinstalled properly after Windows updates so I also reinstalled the Intel chipset and RST drivers and the DirectX 9.0c redistributable for good measure. Windows Media Player complained that it was not installed properly but using K-Lite Codec Tweak sorted that out by forcing the 64-bit version.

FIFA 19 will crash with DX12 if I use Fast v-sync but otherwise works fine with DX11 + Fast or DX12 + V-Sync On. Not sure if this issue is specific to this build of Windows as I cannot check it now but I first noticed the issue while testing FIFA 19 on this build.

Apart from that and some games like Strange Brigade running smoother, everything else I've played so far seems to play identically to how they did before, which is exactly what I expected.

Not noticed much else in the way of changes to be honest over the previous version apart from the expanded Cortana search window which is now laid out much better when searching for files and apps. It is now wider with the right hand side used for options for the files. Definitely like this as someone who is using the search bar more and more over accessing files via the Programs menu.

I was looking forward to using the new Sets feature in this update when I read about a few months ago but understand it was removed. However, I bought Stardock's Groupy which does the same thing so now I have can have multiple tabs in File Explorer.

P.S. Hate the dark theme for File Explorer; it just does not look right but I cannot quite put my figure on why that it is. Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing a white background or maybe it's just because the darker background makes it harder to read icon text? Or maybe both? lol

Whatever, don't like it. The Dark theme looks great in the Photos, Mail, Videos and Edge apps but I prefer the light theme for the standard windows.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    AsiJu, -Tj- and eGGroLLiO like this.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    P.P.S. I am seeing a lot of errors in the Event log for the User Profile. Not sure what that is but I've seen other people reporting this and it doesn't seem to be causing any ill-effects... so far!

P.P.P.S. Oh and before I forget the annoying issue with the Groove app reporting all my MP3/FLAC music as Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/Unknown Genre has been fixed as post-update, having reset Groove the week before, the app redetected all my music correctly... like iTunes, MediaMonkey and even Windows Media Player has been doing for years!!!

-Tj- likes this.
  6. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3 UG
    I have discovered something very interesting that may be related to this build. While playing Shadow of the Tombraider I decided to try Fullscreen Exclusive Mode -- it's been in the last two games, howvever I had never tried it. Generally my 1080ti purrs along at 73c in Shadow, but in DX12 with Fullscreen Mode engaged the temp dropped to 63c. I thought something must be wrong or a setting is no longer working resulting in using less resources on the GPU but that was not the case.

I'd love to see someone else test this (looking at you Darren) with this build of windows and see if you get simliar results. Curious.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    hmm, dare I ? :oops::D

I still have bad flashbacks with 173x.xx build, not stability wise, but reinstalling and modding to get newer updates working, etc.

8. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    He who dares.... :D

eGGroLLiO and -Tj- like this.
  9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    DO EEEET!!!

-Tj- likes this.
  10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB 144hz
    I will in 30 days, just waiting for you guys to try it and report back. :rolleyes:

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I thought they made blurry login screen or is that in another newer leak? xD

edit: hopefully this is it. Although it didn't take thaat long, I think RS4 took a bit longer.

[​IMG]

AsiJu and Extraordinary like this.
  13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    -Tj- likes this.
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    My body is ready.

16. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Clicky clicky :D

LocoDiceGR and fantaskarsef like this.
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I see it enabled spectre again, I disabled it with inspectre app., it affected few very cpu bound games, benchmarks.. overall I lost ~ 150Mhz headroom. xD And that is something when I need every bit of juice.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Got it installed

I had to actually do a windows reset before i could even run the decrypt tool so i guess it needed a refresh anyway

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
  20. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Yea WZor are a long timer ISO uploader but if you're worried it doesn't take long to make your own from the main post

Carfax likes this.