1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.107 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    :D edit edit edit :D

Usual MS half-arsed coding, just tack it over the top of the original code and hope for the best....

lucidus likes this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Seriously ... I had this thing installed for 2 days and now I wish I had bleach for my SSD. It feels like Sarkar took a dump in my PC.

AsiJu and Extraordinary like this.
  3. AndiWandi

AndiWandi Active Member

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    If MS will actually use this build as RTM, would there be any changes in the RTM compared to this ISO later (telemetry settings, etc.) or would it actually be the same MD5 hash an all?

4. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    It would be the exact same build, they generally push out a CU along with it or close after (17763.xx) it but the base image would be the same, so if this is the build and you install it now, it's the exact same one the public will get on release, no need to reinstall

5. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    So what you're saying is we're only allowed to praise Microsoft, right?

Ignore the obvious flaws, bugs and problems, and only post about the negligible and likely because it was a clean install, margin of error benchmark result improvements?

AsiJu and RzrTrek like this.
  6. AndiWandi

AndiWandi Active Member

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    That's good to know, thanks a bunch.

Extraordinary likes this.
  7. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Badass...

When someone bigs up MS (or any company) and cries when others diss them, that's exactly what you did, no-one put any words in your mouth, you spoke them completely freely yourself

If you're happy about something being fixed, post about that, don't start whining when people post about something they don't like being broken - all that does is make you sound like the other 2-3 Pro-MS members here

And considering you have just backtracked and posted the exact same thing about MS being retarded because the dark theme is broken just completely contradicts your original post

So which is it?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    tensai28 likes this.
  8. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Chill chill, read your first post again, the one I responded to - you basically said we were in the wrong for complaining about the theme "I don't get what you guys are moaning at", what do you expect the response to be?

The day Microsoft releases something new in Windows 10 for us to praise them about, we will, but since RS1 there has been no real improvements at all, just more crap stitched onto the side and more bugs, and remains the same bugs from back in RS3 and probably earlier

MS are stuck in some fantasy land bubble and have no idea what the hell they are doing any more, Windows is a joke now, posting pictures of ninjacats all over social media, pre-loading games in Enterprise SKUs? Main changelogs coming up with "We added new emojis" and other dumb crap like that

So when people like you come in and post things like that saying we have no right to complain, sorry bud but we do, MS deserve 0 praise

What? So because they broke something in RS4 and fixed it in RS5, they deserve praise for that? RS4 has been in development for 6 months and released for another 6 months, they should have fixed it in RS4 not RS5

Not to mention all of their childish and transparent tricks they're using to force users to use what they want us to, rather than what we want to, fake bugs, breaking things so we have no choice but to use their new version, removing features they want us to stop using so we'll use their new UWP crap

The list goes on, I used to love everything MS, I'd install a new leak for a new icon, the entire Windows team as it stands along with Nadella needs replacing to fix what they've broken, and even then I'm not sure it's possible

And the thing with dark explorer is starting to look like the beginning of another of their fake bugs they use to move us onto UWP (Have you see the state of UWP explorer they're gonna be pushing at some point?) horrendously bad

A few points in a benchmark is nowhere enough to ignore to the endless list of crap that comes with it, "Hey I lost my home, my family and my dog, but who cares, I found £10!"

HK-1 and AsiJu like this.
  9. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    No hard feelings, I used to be a glass half full guy with MS but since Win 10 it's definitely a half empty scenario now, the small improvements that may or may not be there in no way make up for the negatives they're forcing on us, their business tactics such as breaking WU for Win 7, causing the X close button on the Win 10 upgrade dialogue box actually cause it to press OK and install it, the forced updates, the forced driver updates, more and more of these fake bugs I mentioned are appearing and they all just happen to force us into using a MS alternative, for example, Windows 10 has a habit of resetting default apps from 3rd party that you installed and set as default, back to MS stock UWP apps (How convenient), it's playing dirty and they should have to answer to some higher body somewhere for it tbh

Their endless nagging for you to use a MS account, their ways of trying to get you to keep Edge as default browser, and in one of the latest IP builds even had some extra popup in yet another desperate attempt to stop you switching from Edge to another browser (Thread here about it)

So yea... great that there are improvements but I'm not going to be giving them any credit for it, the improvements are pretty much just fixes for things that they broke in previous releases anyway

Makes me laugh too, like when they removed the start menu, we've had a start menu since the 90s, one version of Windows comes without it, then they put it back (Half-arsed) and suddenly they're shouting how amazing it is, how great they are for adding a start menu to Windows.... yea MS we always did have one, and unless we installed Win 8.x we never didn't have one...

Improvements to me are things like GPU monitoring in task manager, actual real world gaming performance improvements, real fixes that we've needed for years, more OS stability and performance, even useful UI improvement and modernising making your experience nicer, not useless game mode switches that do next to nothing, not extra super-duper high performance mode that also does pretty much nothing, not emojis or apps, and definitely not making the entire OS response time slower with that god-awful XAML coding, remember when clicking the volume control resulted in a volume control immediately appearing, not click > wait > Ooh there it is, and a control panel that recognises mouse imput the first time you click on it, not a settings panel that requires your mouse to be moved about a bit before the setting becomes highlighted and allows the click

Remember when start menu used to work properly? When it would always open every time you clicked start?

They've destroyed windows, thank god for things like classic shell and SiB and crap removers like WPD

HK-1, AsiJu and Dynarush_333 like this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I won't bother with this leak now, last rs4 was painful enough, first 17133 just to find out its 17134 later , reinstalled like 3x back then. Luckily I always did a in place update so it didn't take that long.

Interesting, I got a slight negative performance by spectre patch, this boost by you looks kind of like when I disabled spectre again.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    That's not it. Take a Fire Fox window, not in full screen and toggle it. Same white flash.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Firefox's issue is the animation not having frames mid-animation so it's abrupt. Explorer's issue is the window itself is white and is filled in after the animation is completed.

HK-1 and Extraordinary like this.
  13. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 FE
    Look like the Official Build is 17763.1, coming from Microsoft OEM.

" #OEM partners told me that on September 21, 2018, the final release of Windows Server 2019, Version 1809, #LTSC and #SAC was signed.
    The release for #OEM partners will be based on build 17763."

Source: https://twitter.com/WZorNET/status/1043749593756983298

RTM Build: 17763.1.180914-1434.RS5_RELEASE_CLIENTCORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US

14. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    My issue with settings crashing occasionally when switching displays hasn't been fully stamped out. It still happens, albeit much more rarely.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Installed it in light of the above info that this is now highly likely to go RTM with probably a soon to be released initial cumulative update.
    So far so good, most settings carried over (Touch/Tablet service got reset to automatic again but was easily disabled.) and the new apps were mostly removable although a system one for virtual keyboard support now pops up at boot but can be terminated via the task manager. (Really? The new phone app isn't removable by standard means. Well Powershell works as it's a program app and not a system one and I have no need of it.)

Nothing too different and the same minor nitpicks as usual with Windows 10 although I noticed the superfetch and prefetch services are different so that's some hidden/unlisted but also pretty easy to spot change. No driver issues and no problems with the task manager or explorer so far but there might still be something. Need to take a deeper look into the group policy editor too for advanced configuration options and go through the system and control panel settings more thoroughly but so far it's same as usual and a higher version number. :p

Then again the changelog usually focused on apps and user facing interface changes or other stuff, less details on the tech and underlying code and other tweaks or updates like whatever the new fetcher is doing although it might mostly be a name change. (And perhaps altering the accessibility of the services and registry parameters so it's not possible to tamper with it as easily?)

DirectX and WDDM are probably updated again as to this DirectX Rays feature and probably various tweaks and fixes to all sorts of things but the changelog is all about program apps and emojis though the dark theme is pretty nice.
    (And options for the full screen optimization feature and having it opt-in instead of opt-out is still missing since their reveal for 1803 and then their removal a few builds later before it hit RTM status.)

Faster install and download too, still hammers the HDD into submission but what doesn't on a older mechanical drive. :p

EDIT: So yeah not too much to say really, early adaption go! :D
    (ALL the issues and bugs and none of the fixes, woo! Heh well the first cumulative update is probably hitting fairly soon in preparation for full release mid-October I suppose then?)

-Tj- likes this.

16. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    ESD's available in OP - I think that confirms this is RTM

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Dynarush_333 likes this.
  17. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Yep, it's RTM
    [​IMG]
    source: WZor

-Tj- and Extraordinary like this.
  18. AndiWandi

AndiWandi Active Member

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Does RS5 have the microcode update for Broadwell included that breaks overclocks or can that still be uninstalled?

19. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Haswell update is included and working fine (though I flashed bios myself long before MS released the updates). Broadwell being die shrink of Haswell should be fine too. Not sure if they changed microcode to something new for Broadwell but for Haswell windows comes with same "old" 0x24 microcode.

20. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Anyone have any idea why the decrypter wont run on my machine? just flashes a small window then nothing?

latest win 10 pro, turned off defender and smartscreen but it just wont run