[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.107 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Install any 19H1 build then but be prepared for an experience that gets progressively worse this early in an insider cycle. IMHO they would backport it to 1809 because it is also the base for Server 2019. It would be incredibly dumb, even for contemporary Microsoft, to not have it in.

AsiJu likes this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You can run Windows Security/Defender in a sandbox from 1703+

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-defender-becomes-first-antivirus-to-run-inside-a-sandbox/

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    They are if you got affected by them. if you use 3rd party zip app then it is not an issueAFAIK, only if you use built-in MS un-compressor.

Sounds like they are ready to re-release 1809 to me, probably early next month (just a guess).

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Another good opportunity to reinstall my system when it goes live.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Yeah I heard of this issue, then again I have not used the build in windows extract program in... very very long time it shitty imo, I used 7zip for all my extraction needed, and before that I use winrar. only time the built in one is used is IF i accidentally delete the 7zip installer, sitting on my HDD drive which only happens if I deleted that installer and forgot to put the new installer in it places.

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    (They) Just renamed the Mixed reality app in 3D Viewer, now the app no longer works,even after reset and restore... Great Job Microsoft Clown App Team!

9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    lucidus likes this.
  10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yes, I use WinRar one of first things I install on new OS.
    I have mytest VM 1809 .104 version w/o any zip app but I didn't bother to try an replicate the issue.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If you were to clean install 1809 as it is today, you will be affected by the file associations bug. .zip is the worst affected because you can't change it from explorer to anything at all unless you use the program's own settings if it has them (eg. 7z). People who don't know how to get around it could have lost data.

On a lighter note, Sarkar retweeted "Don’t solve with process what you can solve with a conversation.". I wonder why the 2018 releases were so badly bungled :p

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    there proably threatened with being fired if they DONT release every 6 month s new build!

Joke aside even if it was ever years a new build we would still have issues, cause obviously Q/A is thing of the base.

Every Build of Windows released prior had issues for the first year or so too

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2017 and 18 builds were much worse than past versions of windows 10 so nope, I'd say it's a more recent problem. Since Edge is still not a proper store app and relies on semi annual releases, I'd say it is the source of this twice a year nuisance. Of course, since I use LTS releases without Edge, I'm sitting pretty :p I want to see that file association problem resolved and then they can frack off to the 2019 releases.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This woman is honestly out of her depth, don't be surprised if shes shuffled off the team.

15. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    omfg

asus updated sonic studio through the windows store and seems they left it in debug mode.
    my copy and past isnt working because sonic studio is passing dump files through clipboard....
    clearing clip works for a little while but it starts doing again.

had to install july version of nahimic drivers from microsoft catalog because I had the august version installed and updated version of sonic studio was causing nahimicsvc32 to crash repeatedly

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just install the normal version of the driver so you don't get ****** over like that with the store/uwp/autoupdates.

https://station-drivers.com/index.p...0&func=select&id=532&orderby=2&page=2&lang=fr

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I enabled Defender's controlled folder access a few days ago and it worked fine without bothering me but today it was blocking svchost from working while updating iTunes and even Tiworker.exe of all things while updating to .107! I thought this stupid thing was supposed to know trusted programs already.

edit: now taskbar icons aren't loading at startup because explorer.exe is also being blocked. If this thing is governed by regular definition updates, clearly the lack of testing is having its effect here. I've disabled CFA and everything's back to normal. I've seen 3rd party anti-ransom and protection software be very aggressive to the level of blocking calculator from being launched from my keyboard's shortcut but I expect MS to know to not block *itself*. We might not be far from the day Windows deletes system32 ...

Defender's quality has been on a steep decline this year. Earlier in the year, Defender was known to cause serious slowdowns when you used Firefox or Chrome to a lesser extent (and it took MS over a month to resolve this), a few weeks ago it started causing freezes so bad that C-A-D and even the hardware power button wouldn't respond, making it seem like there was a malware infection (and I wasted my time with full scans and a reinstall). Something's wrong at redmond.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  18. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    What UAD driver version is being used? I have stayed with 8557 and A-volute version 1.1.8 which is from September.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Found the problem. As of RS5, Notepad was updated to accommodate unix, linux and mac files with extended line endings support. This unfortunately was not implemented properly and may result in buggy behaviour with its original Windows End of Line (EOL) when copy/paste. Simple reg fix to restore Notepad to its original behaviour solved it for me.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/2018/05/08/extended-eol-in-notepad/

20. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018