[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.107 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I wonder if with only 11gb left on the partition I can update...

2. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    6700 RX
    Could anyone confirm for me that if I opt in to Windows Insider just to install RS5 then opted out, would it be effectively the same as if I'd waited to download the official release version? Would future updates still come through as normal afterwards?

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea it'll be the exact same build, as long as you are offered 17763

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had 13.5GB and it passed, atm 12.6GB and 18GB from old windows.. Keeping that rollback for now :D

RzrTrek likes this.

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thanks.
    Yes, I've tried and it updated, but, it was downloading a insiders build something or another through Windows Update, so, in fear, I rolled back.
    What was that about?
    I misinterpreted it and this is actuall an insider build?

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It is still an insiders build, all RTM builds are until they are officially announced as final, insiders always get them early

MerolaC likes this.
  7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Oh, I see, thanks for the info.
    I will wait for it then.

Extraordinary likes this.
  8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I haven't noticed any change in GPU temperature while playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider on this build of Windows personally; they remain pretty much the same as before, although since the last patch the annoying DX12 stuttering has now been fixed completely. And, yes, I am using Exclusive Fullscreen; I use this for all games where possible (I even force it using -window-mode exclusive for Unity engine games if they don't have it).

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am surprised to see this being the RTM release with the Task Manager bug. Granted, it doesn't affect the PC in any way other than displaying inaccurate CPU usage and, in my case, icons on the left hand side that seem to flash on and off at random. Presumably, this issue is fixable via a cumulative update then? I noticed the alpha build the next Windows 10 update has the same issue listed.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Installed it and I'm already having issues. The update seems to have knocked out Microsoft Edge and the Windows Store. Both programs think I'm not connected to the internet, but I am. :confused:

Chrome and Firefox are working just fine, it's just Edge.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Seen others saying edge cannot connect too, not seen a solution yet

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Going to try a clean install later, as I'm overdue for one anyway.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I did a new install with the posted esd hoping my issues were bugs due to uup files or whatever.

Windows 10's brilliant security - it's trying to install a platform update over and over again and it fails. I can't turn Defender back on until I clear out software distribution and after a while it checks for updates again leading to the same problem! I didn't even realize defender was turned off until I opened systray. For the time being my 1809 installation has no active anti-virus lol.

Moving around start tiles still can cause tile duplication and shellexperiencehost crashes. These kinds of bugs show up in every win10 release since the beginning and it always gets fixed after a month or so. Why on earth is the ui so glitch prone after all this time? Shellexperiencehost silently crashed after I closed action center too lol.

File associations bug is still there. Meh. Since it affects .zip files too at least I know it's a bug and no shenanigans are happening.

Lol Task Manager.

Can't believe they're letting this thing be RTM just so they can all go and attend ignite for shits and giggles instead of working overtime to fix this thing. They were very quick to release CU's even before GA upto rs2.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I fixed another issue - can't remember what it was though - by unchecking the Auto Detect Proxy option and I do *not* have any issues with Edge saying I'm offline. Can't hurt to try that...?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Store and Xbox wouldn't connect to the internet in my case either. I rebooted my PC and they worked after that.

17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    LMAO, I just did a clean install.....on the wrong motherfricking SSD! :mad::D:(

My 850 Pro and 960 Pro have the same God damned capacity and are only differentiated by a irrelevant drive number during the initial installation setup.

How am I supposed to know which one is which? o_O

AsiJu likes this.
  18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I was always afraid of accidents like that and always took precautions. Very easy to avoid once you differentiate them, like making an extra smaller partition on one that the other doesnt have, etc.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol damn, I think that irrelevant drive number probably relates to which SATA port they are connected to, lower drive number = lower port
    Hope there was nothing important on it

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I updated from WU Slow Ring. It applies an earlier build, then applies the current.

No issues so far with Edge or Start Menu, or anything else really. Verified TM's CPU usage is wonky, but who cares. :)