1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I know about the task manager bug as it is hard to miss but what is the file associations bug you mention? Is it to do with Windows posting notifications about having to reset a particular association because I've certainly seen that a few times in this build and the previous one?

2. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    But you shouldn't have to. Which is the point. If you don't realize this, then you are indeed sad from a technical perspective.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GRP
    You shouldn't have to what? In any case you have to do something, and moving the data is likely an easier thing to do - can be done right now too.
    Try harder.

4. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    So instead of waiting for an ISO with bugfix, you suggest to use the original ISO and do a full export of your profile, including Onedrive storage to work around a possible bug that may wipe your profile when you do an upgrade install. (Assuming you knew to do this, as many general users wouldn't think of it)

Apparently Microsoft does not approve of your assessment, and neither do I, and all the other people who reported the issue. Stop being a douche and accept the fact that you are blatantly wrong. And impatient.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GRP
    Your loss.

Go look into a mirror and repeat this.

6. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    ...looks at mirror and says "dr_rusless, stop being a douche." over and over

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GRP
    Yeah, I can see that nothing will help you with this. Sorry.

8. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    I've started getting a "usb controller doesn't have enough resources" when trying to use my DAC after updating. Why is this happening?

9. Francko1979

Francko1979 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC SLI´ed
    Sorry in advance guys if someone posted earlier on this thread, experiencing a similar issue than what I am about to describe:
    Does anyone had experience windows 10 store apps running choppy, extremely slow with this build?

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    If you use open with and check the box to always use the program, it isn't applied. The previous default remains as the default. You have to do it a second time for it to stick. With some extensions such as .zip, even that doesn't work because it doesn't allow any changes via open with (no error messages though). Apparently they introduced this issue in 1803 as well with a recent CU https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/o...4-build-17134-rtm.420202/page-41#post-5591683

Darren Hodgson likes this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    im sure it permission issue, I have had this long standing issue that when I do clean install of windows 10 and go install 7-zip the files extensions DONT get changes to 7-zip even though I AM the administrator of the account and computers. I have to run 7-zip as "administrator" to get to to remembers all those file extensions are to be opened by 7-zip

permissions have been fubar in windows since win 7 administrators arnt really administrator apparently.

Fix one probably get 2 more in its places, This is why I just dont care to deal with crap anymore let alone do this clean install of windows every 6 months cause of new build,

IF sony accounce the PS5 actual has CPU in it worth damn and it has BC with Digital and Disc Content from PS4 ( which at this point will have no reason why i cant be done, from HW stand point seeing it ALL PC tech at this point ) and the system and truly do 1080p 60FPS or hell 4K@60FPS can cost under 600$ I will be migrated to Consoles again. atlest till PC prices cool down DRAM prices are at all time high and are being artificial held there and GPU prices have gone stupid in recent years too

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NITRO 390x
    seems microsoft forgot they removed Dedicate resources on the game bar in 17751 build and listed it as a feature oct 2

https://www.neowin.net/news/microso...1-to-the-fast-ring-with-a-ton-of-improvements

"Thanks everyone who tried out and shared feedback about the performance visualizations we added to the game bar with Build 17692. We’re taking them offline for now to re-evaluate the best possible approach going forward and work on giving you a great gaming experience on your PC."

and was never mentioned again until

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/at-home/whats-new-wip-at-home

"Game mode improvements
    New options are now available for Game Mode that are expected to improve the gaming experience on desktop PCs. Gamers on PCs with many background processes may also see performance improvements when they toggle Dedicate resources in Game bar."

there is no such option.

13. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Okay so I did a clean install a few days ago and then updated to .55 via windows update. I'm not experiencing the file bug at all so what would be the course of action? Clean install again or just wait for next update?

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GRP
    You're fine.

tensai28 likes this.
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    That was your chance to tell him to delete system32 :p

mbk1969 and RzrTrek like this.

16. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Seriously??! He must have forgot to. Deleting now.

17. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I'd expect the ps5 to be on par with a low-midrange pc just like every other playstation before it.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    by the time it actual comes out yes, consoles are still 399-499$ there is only so much power it can have

I think what we gona get is ryzen 1700x cpu and what ever the eqivant to 1060gtx on AMD side when things are all said and done in that time frame, seeing in 2 years they will be old tech but still much more faster then even pro and xbox one x and much cheaper at that point. and which in console imo that would have much more potential then that stuff in pc running windows would.

1080p @ 60 on 1080p screen is mandatory imo and IF sony or hell even ms does what I wanted consoles to do for years which is have ability to play disc/digital natively on new system which no longer a hw architecture issue seeing there use PC hw architecture now, it just software/os issue,

Just like I can play my steams games bought and played on my pc system i bought over decades ago even better on my current system which 3 pc system later then consoles system going forward might finally replace my pc system or play my old games from when disc was only way to go I will be happy

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 7:42 PM
  19. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    So from where I can download the 1809? Since Microsoft pulled it from the media creation tool...

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Links on the OP of this thread