[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nvm bout control panel not remebering setting it remembers it fine IF i tpye control panel in to the startmenu and click but if I click on the icon i had pin to startmenu it kept deftualting back to catagroy, I had to delete the original pin to startmenu and make new one for it to save.

I still say win10 has funky ass permissions issues though

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    issue triggered me so i removed the Nvidia Audio drivers, and it still happening apparently. so the issue with windows 10 apparently?

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    That would be my guess.
    I will be in similar situation as if I update GPU to say 2070 it doesn't have DVI anymore and the old Dell monitor I use only has VGA, DVI, and S video, so no DP or HDMI.
    SO I will have to either get one of those adapters from DP/HDMI to DVI or get a new monitor (which is not a bad thing as was looking at new ones).

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Servicing stack update.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...for-windows-10-version-1803-september-11-2018

Cumulative for "Patch Tuesday" September 2018
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4457128/windows-10-update-kb4457128

And 17758(.1) is out on the fast ring for current RS5 insider testing, probably still not the final build for the next version of the OS but it's close, only one known issue too now listed in the blog entry but it should have it's own thread since it's separate from RS4 here and these monthly updates in this post. :)

There's also the usual Microsoft update for common virus and malware and a Adobe Flash update before it's discontinued in 2020 I think the current timeline for that was. :)

And probably a slew of updates for other MS products such as Office and of course the other supported Windows 10 builds and earlier OS's also receiving updates.

mbk1969 likes this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    meh i dont want nother "build" i just did clean install of this build

my monitor has HDMI but does me no good this 1070ti only has 1 hdmi port and my 55" is using the hdmi port, but card has 3 display ports

DVI dont have the same issue hdmi has with handshakes if thats not working properly it results in black screen flickers and random

And I found out the black screen flicker I getting in few games I getting it are on FMV like the cgi movies. in dx md cgi movies randomly do it but game it self is fine, and the witcher 2 intro movie does it to randomly game is fine again, so i assuming the menu of skyrim se and some of loading screens are like fmv movies in a way too so there is some sorta hdcp at works in those things that isnt work proper on the tv or cables i have but i change cables and ports and my old tv did this too. less this nividia driver issue all these years

Audio device use it still randomly not switch back to what should be on when I switch from monitor to the s517 and back some times it switch fine other times it stay on s517 audio when it on monitor and some time it stay on realtek audio when it on s517

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Get a new monitor. It's time. And DisplayPort is worth having.

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I know what it means.. but still the wording
    in event viewer
    "Disk 5 has been surprise removed"

mbk1969 likes this.
  8. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 O8G STRIX
    Does anybody have problems like me with the media creation tool always corrupting my usb drives?

If i choose to create an iso image everything works fine but upon clean installation running sfc/scannow always finds corrupt files and repairs them.

I have tried multiple times fresh installing windows 10 on both my pc's and creating a usb drive with the media creation tool always corrupts it.
    Copying files from iso image to a fat32 formated usb drive works fine but after installation running sfc/scannow always finds corrupt files and repairs them.

Is there any way to find the original MD5 Hash SHA1 Hash values to compare it to my iso image?
    Any help will be appreciated as i need to clean install windows again and have been having these problems since the release of Redstone 4 1803 and i am almost 100% sure that windows 10 is the problem.

BTW There is nothing wrong with my hardware and drives..

9. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 O8G STRIX
    Bump anyone?
    I really need to solve this asap as my main gaming rig is just sitting there with no Windows installed and i have a very slow internet connection (only 15.11mbps on speed test net) to re download everything..
    sorry for double post..

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Summoning @Extraordinary... May be he could suggest anything.
    If you have DVD/BD ODD you can burn iso-file to optical disk (taking USB out of equation).

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    You can't compare the hash of MCT ISOs as they are different each time they are created

Unless you are having problems with your fresh Windows install, forget SFC, sounds like you can install Windows fine on that machine if you can run sfc from it so not sure why it's sitting there with no Windows install atm?

Use a new USB drive?

Maybe your HDD/SSD is bad (How do you know it's not if Windows is corrupting?)

More likely either Windows 10 is buggy or the reason why SFC finds these errors is that it's scanning against an older set of files it's comparing them too (Forget the exact reason now) Have you run DISM RestoreHealth first?

I'd probably find sfc errors if I scanned now but my Windows install runs fine

RS4 is a PoS even on a clean install, Start menu doesn't work sometimes, taskbar problems, you name it

12. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 O8G STRIX
    Thanks a lot for the info it looks like is RS4 is a PoS os.

The MediaCreationTool1803 always screws my usb drive if a select to create usb drive,creating an iso image on my hd has no problems.
    I stopped using the usb method as i had to restore my usb stick with dispart to get it working again.

For me RS4 has been running fine, what i was confused with is SFC finding errors as it is actually scanning an older set of files according to the log.
    The above issue of sfc was making me think that the installation of Windows is corrupting.
    My pc is sitting there with no Windows as i want to install it on my Samsung 960 evo m.2 drive instead on my 850 pro ssd.
    Thanks again for clearing all that up for me.

BTW what is your recommended method for a clean install? being online and waiting for all crap UWP apps to install only to uninstall them all later ( i wish a had a win10 ltsb licence) , or an offline installation then install drivers etc..before going online..

13. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    https://wpd.app/

Enough said ;)

Download your ISOs from here
    https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

Create USB sticks using Rufus
    https://rufus.akeo.ie/

kens30 likes this.
  14. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 O8G STRIX
    Thanks a lot Extroadinary........

Extraordinary likes this.
  15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Have you ever had any issues with WPD?

Sounds really good but afraid it might break something. Or to be more precise Windows decides to go broken when it sees you don't like all the stuff it's doing...

EDIT: lols, read the FAQ and apparently SmartScreen detects the installer as suspicious.
    Because of a "missing certificate"...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I tried it in RS5 build 17758 with no problems. My favorite feature was getting rid of the uwp apps with one click instead of using powershell :p

AsiJu likes this.
  17. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    No problems with it at all, it just toggles already present group policy settings anyway, I disable SS on clean installs

:D I wonder why MS did that.... lol

You can uninstall all apps along with store etc too with it, basically turning Pro into LTSB

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Neat!

Btw can WPD alter Group Policies for Home edition too?

I used to have a "hacked" GP editor during release days but haven't bothered with it since.