[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it now been 1 week since I installed 1803 as a hell marry to see if it fixed the endless drivers going missing issues with the F710 I think this is first time since I had the game pad it went week with out losing the drivers on boot, the random lag out and frequent connection lose it has past 3feet ( if I playing on my PC it 2 feet from receiver and I almost never see an issue) still happens when I using my UHDTV which means I am about 8-10 feet from the receiver but latest the gamepad is usable now providing the drivers dont start going missing on boot.

2. 386SX

386SX Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    I am back at 1709 again. And strange enough, but 1803 now doesn't show up anywhere to install it. But I am fine with that. I have no issues so far besides some nasty thing where I have to track its origin still. At some point at some games (usually heavy stuff like FO4 or Happy Few, not at C&C 1) the game simply vanishes in the blink of an eye. No error message, nothing in eventviewer, nothing at all. It seems the game didn't even run at all, besides I was playing it for some hours until it happened.
    But right now I suspect either temps or RAM clocks to be the issue I am searching for. Dunno ...
    Temps are about 65 - 70 °C (CPU and MB chipset) and RAM is set with the Ryzen RAM calculator to its "default" ("safe") values CL14@3200MHz, nothing special.

Time will tell ...

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    So you think that drivers for RAM in 1709 are better than in 1803? :cool:

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    That kind of "vanish" points towards software/driver issues I believe.

Hardware faults should show something in Event Viewer. You could run MemTest ofc to be sure RAM is ok.

5. 386SX

386SX Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    FAR better! :p

RAM is OK. It wouldn't be the first time some "well programmed" ASUS software messes with my OS.
    Adding the LED software to the antivirus exclusions for it to NOT throw up errors is a good example.

They should put a NFO to their files like: Make sure you disable your antivirus before running our software. :D

mbk1969 likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    KB4346783 huh, interesting. Wonder what this one does. Did a check late last night and nothing and now here's this update early this morning.

EDIT:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4346783/windows-10-update-kb4346783

EDIT: Let's see how quoting it works.

Updates the build number to Windows 10 RS4 1803 17134.254
    (Well usually it's either or and not every type of variant this particular Windows 10 build is called but eh, might as well type the whole thing ha ha.)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    RzrTrek and mbk1969 like this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not sure which is to blame but I been seeing TDR entries in event views since upgrading to 1803 I not actual seen the error happen in games which would result in the screen to go out, maybe it happen in FF still which i know FF rendering window would black out if it happens which II seen happen before too

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Occasionally AMD and NVIDIA runs into problems with hardware acceleration, seems to happen a lot with Firefox and I guess the upcoming changes are going to be a major revamp and it even starts with focus on NVIDIA's drivers and support for their GPU's which I guess is at least partially from all the AMD driver issues and back and forth between AMD saying it's Firefox and Firefox saying it's AMD heh. (Plus of course NVIDIA's bigger market total.)

I see you have a 1070 listed under the user name though but it's worth a try to disable some of the GPU hardware acceleration options in the advanced config or the entire thing under general options.
    Media tends to be what suffers most, 1080p and above and particularly 4k can get a bit choppy evne with newer fairly fast processors and implementing additional media and media framework settings is ongoing.

I think Firefox 63 beta which I upgraded to recently being on the beta branch is updating support for MP4 playback on AV1 or what the bug entry said for one thing and then various extensions and other support coming later, mainly affects Youtube and Google/Chrome rushing in certain features early and the other browsers playing catch up for a while, well from the Firefox bug tracker and well it might be a slight bit biased as a result. :p

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont know, long as it only happen with FF which really only time I ever seen it happen with 1060gtx and now the 1070ti I set up to from evga and few times as I noticed FF draw window would go black for sec. I have never seen actual games flicker due to an actual tdr.

Now I seen Skyrim SE initial menu and loading screen "flicker" which the screen goes blank and sound stops especial the main menu flicker on and off quite a bit talking it can flicker 5 10 times minutes other times it fine, but that is not TDR that some issue with HDMI and the game and the menu/load screen actual game is fine cause it dont happen on DVI. Skyrim SE did that with my Ln32a550 samung tv too, and only when it was connected via hdmi if it was connect via rgb it was fine

I also saw other wierd behavoirs with flickers that are due to my tv, some time I noticed IF i just turned the tv on some times TV will flicker black for second which do to handshake issue i assuming, and when that happen my monitor (dvi) will do same exact flicker, at same time, but if I disconnect the s517 hdmi from pc and tv does that flicker on start up monitor is fine, Im pretty sure there is hand shake issue with s517.

But I know the tdr are not happen in game and the random flickers i get in game arnt from TDR cause I check event viewer and there is nothing about tdr or any nvidia driver reset I even seen my ps3 and ps4 randomly flicker black for second connected to the s517, disconnecting the cable and reconnect fixes it, it might have something due to i been swaping the hdmi cable from ps4 and ps3 alot cause I dont know have enough hdmi ports though

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Yes, I have this happening with 1803 and all 39x.xx drivers.
    Have not tried earlier ones, I would get a lot of event viewer GPU reset entities and then around 396-8.xx I got screen freezes, this is all with FF running, so I just turned off acceleration and all been good.
    The resets would be a flash in FF, you would have to be looking while it happened to notice it.
    Never had an issue playing a game, even hrs of it so it was only FF.
    I have a GTX970

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    im on 398.82 drivers before that on 1607 I was using 397.31 and i wasnt getting tdr errors other then in FF which was contained with in firefox program and it own draw window, it didnt effect windows in anyway,

but on 1803 I dont "remeber" seeing FF do that contained flashing and I know none of screen black out out along with sound, is tied to drivers cause I check eventviewr and there was no entries so those where from the s517 and connections between the pc and tv

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    another thing I notice is in
    1607 build
    IF i switch from my Monitor to my s517 tv, windows automaticly switch to s517 audio and when I switch back to my monitor it swtiched back realtek audio

but in
    1803 build
    If I switch to my s517 windows switch to s517 for audio and when I switch back to my monitor it stay on s517 audio instead of switching back to realtek audio majoirty of time. not sure if this windows causing it of nvidia audio driver which I actual installed, and I really cant be bother to go uninstalling drivers to test that out.

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    As I said I was getting a flash, you really need to be looking at screen, this was with FF and 39x drivers (I forget if it was older drivers), but then around 396-8.xx or so I got screen freezes which would lock up system (I saw screen but no kb/mouse input worked).

Again disabling HW acceleration fixed it so it definitely FF or FF and driver.
    I am on FF 62.0 now, I haven't tried enabling HW acceleration since turning it off.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Ow I know FF has issue with hw some times, and i know realtek drivers back when I was on my x58 platform the issue was made worse, I had hard locks any time Firefox was open with hw acceleration if voice chat programs like TS was up and connected to the server, 4 years down the road realtek worked out there issue that was causing those locks, I have since refused to update realtek drivers for audio under any circumstance unless that problem happens to start again.

Turing off HW acceleration isnt really an option for me as ff tear and i despiste tearing so less this issue start to get really bad i wont do that

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    yeh, I don't mind scrolling tearing issue with FF, I just scroll and then read, not both.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sadly tearing triggers my OCD which why it last resort for me even back when realtek drivers were the cause of issue of hardfreezing due to issue with it and Firefox and hw acceleration , I went out my way to find ways to disable hw in the other programs that had be use in combonation with firefox and it hw accleartion to cause the hardlocks before disabling it in firefox

Firefox is not what it use to be, sad part is every time I try to switch to say chrome or edge I come right back to firefox simple cause other 2 are no where as customize able and alot hard to do thing I do easy in firefox, forget about fact i hate how chrome handles cookies and cache and how it clears it, it says " clear it on exit" but dont it clear it upon restart which next time you launch chrome, I have no issue with change I have issue with change that makes things more difficult.

Which why i have love hate thing going on with win10 I like cause something new and it actual run way better then win7, but I hate the changes some thing to be more complicated when they didnt need too

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah something isnt right when I switch to my monitor windows should be using realtek audio and when I switch to my s517 it should be using s517 audio, and it randomly not switch back to what should be on. I not sure which the culprit, windows or the nvidia audio drivers as i said this is first time I installed nvidia audio drivers

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  18. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    If you remove Nvidia HD audio driver and use default windows does HDMI still work?
    Maybe try that and see if it switches better with windows driver.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    oh I know the hdmi work with out nvidia audio drivers and so does the audio, I just dont think the basic windows drivers for it support anything but pcm, next time I do nvidia driver update I gona install the audio drivers once more use ddu if it happens again I remove the nvidia audio drivers.

I stopped installing the nvidia audio driver years back cause a. i didnt use hdmi ports back then ( now i have no choice in that matter) and b. those audio driver were cause me latency issues with them installed so i stopped, I fiqure after 5+ years of never using them for that issue it was would be fixed, which seem fixed but now I have this issue? it could easily be windows issue to due to win10 funky ass permissions issues, I keep putting the "control panel" on small icons listing so list all the setting listed and each time I close the window it goes back to grouping it.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nvm bout control panel not remebering setting it remembers it fine IF i tpye control panel in to the startmenu and click but if I click on the icon i had pin to startmenu it kept deftualting back to catagroy, I had to delete the original pin to startmenu and make new one for it to save.

I still say win10 has funky ass permissions issues though