1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah Realtek has a alternative driver that updates through the app store, I'm still using the old driver system but this is a aging motherboard with a older codec so it probably wouldn't be picked up by the UWP drivers which focuses on newer models and specific chipsets since the drivers are far smaller and only contains the essential components.

EDIT: And it also differs with various bundles such as Dolby, Nahimic and a few others for certain vendors.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Those UAD versions work on most of their chipsets, the main difference is that it works only on RS3 and newer. I too use the classic version- the less uwp code, the better :p

There's still new versions of the classic pack being released. I downloaded one today for testing in a vm in the 84xx series from station drivers.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I stopped updating Realtek audio drivers. I suspect my ancient P9X79 is OK with older drivers.

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    how does it go unnoticed that performance is misspelled in Amplify Level in the realtek audio console.

they have it as performace.....
    been like this for over a year now...

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    It took realtek 6+ years to sort out the bug in there drivers that cause Firefox or any other programs that use HW acceleration and it was enabled in them it would cause system hardlock if a Voice chat program like TS//Vent/ etc was up and running connected to server, so this don't surprise me.

I know no longer change realtek audio drivers and I no long go in there CP, I install the modified drivers I have for it to enable DD live and DTS set it and the I set the CP to ignore front panel jack detection after that I dont go in there anymore. Only reason I will go in there now is if I hook optical to my receiver.

Anyone know if this 1803 build fixed the endless issue the logitech F710 has with drivers and actually working? I am bout throw this F710 in bucket and burn it

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    what version are you running which works stable for you? I noticed long ago (around 2013) system locked up when I plugged headphones to front/back panel.
    So I disabled the connection option and been ok.
    I am running now 6.0.1.8105 (dated 3/28/2017), I don't test them so not sure how this version compares to others.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    umm. realtek_audio(v7614) I got them from there site at some point few years back and modified them to enable DD live and DTS there are like from 2015 though these are same drivers I started using on X58 system that had that issue for 5 years I refused to to use newer versions since

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    my system has the ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A

which is actually sound a bit better then my soundblaster ZxR.

plus the supremefx has the front jack connection while ZxR dont

9. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    Does anyone know how to set the option 'We'll show a reminder when we're going to restart. If you want to see more notifications about restarting, turn this on." to on via GPO? There is the GPO 'Turn off auto-restart notifications for update installations'. If I enabled that, the option is set to off and greyed out as expected. If I set it to disabled, it also sets it to off and greyed out which is not as expected.

10. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    DId you do a reboot after EACH change? GPOs get applied at system startup, when Windows is still loading, after you login. Therefore if you ENABLED the "disable notifications" feature it got ENABLED and therefor greyed out. But if you, without another reboot following the change, set it to DISABLED, it is still ENABLED until you reboot. (or at least it should be, that's the sense behind GPOs)

Probably that helps you.

11. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    I did try a restart but there is no need to. Only certain GPOs need a log off or restart. You can see the change happening in real time without even closing the settings windows after doing a gpupdate /force.

12. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    I know sometimes there is no need to, but remembering the settings which need a logoff / reboot is unnecessary from my point of view, so I do it everytime.

I agree you can force a gpupdate ("force" sounds somewhat extreme compared to what it really does, "re-applying"), but I encountered some scenarios where this did not work (don't know why) but a reboot helped to apply the values which got changed.

Probably this GPO is set to never enable on your version of Windows, could this be? Like, you know, for example the telemetry thing, which you can (officially) only disable completely on Enterprise editions. Probably that GPO is one of these which check the version first before getting applied and they don't get applied if the versions don't match to what the GPO expects.

13. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    I think it is bugged, because it 'works' when you set it to disabled but has the same effect as enabled. Only Not configured will set the option to be configurable. I guess there is no GPO yet to force this to be on and greyed out. Maybe they will add it later on. It happens on all computers. Requirements are At least Windows Server or Windows 10 so should work on Pro else it will say only for Education and Enterprise.

386SX likes this.
  14. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    so apparently windows decided to remove git along with breaking visual studio...........
    as git is no longer recognized as a command

went searching for it. and it completely uninstalled from the system

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well I gone upgrade to 1803 then not bother for another year, maybe this will fix endless issue I have f710 controllabler, if it cause more issue then I care for I still the installe media for 1703.

Lets take bets on how many issue I have, either way I gona do upgrade first to make sure usb media works then I gona do clean install

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    RzrTrek likes this.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well the upgrade went threw and things look fine for now, the clean install has been put on hold till i can find my copy of quicken 2015 I had on cd

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nvm I didnt clean install and I just finished up setting things all looks good, we will see how things go

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not even 48hours and I see random issue with startmenu, like hit windows key and start typing not bring up the search or when click on search manual on start menu results in not being able to type anything i the search bar, I like to say I shocked by startmenu issues at this point but, I'm not shocked with any kind start menu issue in ever new build of windows 10

Either 1803 build fixed the endless missing drivers "!" for the Logitech F710 or it just is behaving. would really be happy if this got fixed by newer builds.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    RzrTrek likes this.
  19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    And to me upgrade to 1803 fixed all issues with start menu. Lucky me.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have yet to do ANY clean install or upgrade that didnt in some way always have startmenu/start issue. I expect it at this point.

I have no problem with change I actual like it so long as it dont cause issue or make thing more complicated.