[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I was just about to come on here and ask about this. On 17134.5 as well. Thanks for letting me know.

-Tj- likes this.
  2. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    and even it got more smaller
    [​IMG]

3. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    if its no annoyance to you, care to tell what kind of tweaks or optimization you regularly do to clean windows install ?

appreciated.

-Tj- likes this.
  4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    glad they fixed the RD issues.

when using my android tablet and microsoft RD app. it wouldnt fully connect. and then every time I tried. it would create another lock screen on my pc.
    so when I went to my pc to unlock it. I had to unlock it multiple times before I got to the desktop.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I did some too, mostly in Window's 10 manager and older gamebooster app (before razer took over v3.5)..

But I would like to know more too :)

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    akbaar likes this.
  6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, this latest update installed fine.

However, my current build is rolled-back from 17661. So far, everything works, except Windows Defender seems broken now and also will not update.

"Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.267.1078.0) - Error 0x80070643"

Tried various things like DISM stuff and manually installing the update, but, doesn't work.

7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Running build 17134.48 here and no issues at all

had a issue with 17134.5 where my gamepad would go all messed up in fifa menus now its ok

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There's definitely something weird in 1803's audio output. I'm getting my HDMI output constantly reset to stereo while watching a video with a 5.1 sound over a 7.1 output. It switches down to stereo if I pause the playback and stays in stereo when I resume. Windows itself still show the output as 7.1 but my AVR only gets stereo sound from HDMI. This is fixable by relaunching MPC-HC but this is far from an ideal solution.

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Can someone with both a GTX1070 and Gears of War Ultimate run it at 1440p and check performance? Cheers. On my end, the performance seems to be quite bad with this build, with drops into the 40-50fps range when outside and regularly inside even in tight corridors. Big jumps at other times to 60-80fps at other times. Seems unstable.

Compared to this user I seem to be getting half or less the performance he's getting.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Did the driver fix the issue you were having?

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Anyone have issues with logon/lock screen image not right?
    I had it set to a picture in settings and no matter what picture I select it shows a different (grass plane) one. I just ended up turning it off.
    I think it might be using spotlight image anyway this is giving me event error Kernel boot ID 49 Windows system integrity policy does not allow to load the required system file \WINDOWS\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll with error status 0xC000000F.

PS: This event error doesn't show in the admin section, you need to go through the tree of windows>Kernel Boot to see it.
    Also, I think I am not going to bother checking event viewer, as long as things work ok :)

Edit: toggling spotlight on an off fixes out of sync pictures, tested on the main system and a VM 1803.
    That said the ID49 still shows up for both.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  12. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    well W10 1803 PFW modified by me works like a charm, however I don't see any better performance than 2016 LTSB only my 2 cents :rolleyes:

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What driver? The issue seems to have disappeared on its own - or maybe it was the first 1803 cumulative update that fixed it, hard to tell. Foobar2k is working fine through DS now.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    On page 29, I replied to you / uploaded a driver for your sound card.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's the same driver as the last official one, I did try it and it didn't help. The issue seems to be gone now though.

KissSh0t likes this.

16. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    -Tj- likes this.
  17. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
  18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah I wouldn't touch all that. Just more things that can cause problems down the line. The only tweaking program I can recommend is winaerotweaker and it is more of a quality of life tweaker for windows than performance enhancements and is well documented.

19. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    That's weird. Same thing happened to one of my older Seagate HDDs a few days (I think) after installing upgrading to 17134.5 trough the Insider Preview program. Checked S.M.A.R.T. values and the drive had a few warnings in Uncorrectable Sector Count (I think it was) and Current Pending Sector Count. Made a backup by copying the contents of the folder that was behaving weirdly and performed a full format on the drive. Windows showed no errors on the drive, but the S.M.A.R.T. warnings had increased significantly after the format. Downloaded and ran Seatools for Windows which proved the drive being faulty after a short internal test.
    Still think it's a coincidence though. But makes me think why the drive died in that particular way.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I use to tweak those tcip parameters and almost any setting mentioned there, but most are not recommended, now I have all Lan settings @ default and it plays the same. I use to have bad ISP back then and then it helped a little..

Thanks, yes I'm familiar with this multimedia trick, but only through bitsum process lasso. Has a friendly gui for it..

Although is this still working? Last time I've read something about it by win8 it wasn't so effective anymore compared to win7. Was more of a win vista/win7 thing.

Need to read again :)

Last edited: May 11, 2018