[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. zig11727

zig11727 Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    I get a free subscription from my ISP to McAfee Total Protect I also used this with this Malware Bytes Anti Malware.

After a memory leak on a update Malware Bytes program which left my computer unusable and Total Protect quarantining my programs.

Since Windows 10 versions 1709 and 1803 all I use now is Windows Defender.

There have been a lot of improvements and IMO this better than most 3rd party retail versions.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've found MSSE/Defender/Windows Security/MS Condom to be good enough for a very long time :p I've been using it since 2009 with no problems. I just keep another program for passive scans like MBAM (formerly) or EmsiSoft Emergency Kit.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Did u just read McAfee? :eek::D

I only use the build in windows defender + ublock on chrome. Nothing else.

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I am not sure about that, the one thing that it does do is make the Creative Console Launcher not crash when switching modes between Game Mode, Entertainment Mode & Audio Creation Mode, this is something the official drivers did for me no matter what I tried.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    X-Fi Titanium.

7. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Only use defender here and of course windows firewall. Microsoft already gives you all the security you need. Not much reason to use anything else and it would probably just slow down my PC.

8. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    We should have a cumulative update coming in soon right? Being on 17134.5, would I be able to get it via windows update?

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    If you're referring to 'patch Tuesday', MS is not consistent with that. It may happen 2 or 3 times a month (or less) depending on need or circumstance.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Really hate Microsoft right now!

The short version is that my H drive got corrupted last week, taking with it about 3 TB worth of games including a number of Microsoft Store UWP titles (Gears of War 4, all 130 GB of it!) plus some apps. Thankfully I only lost games (Steam, Origin and UPlay) which can be replaced. No save data was lost and nothing important.

Anyway, I reformatted the drive and set about redownloading part of my missing Steam library (which is spread across several different hard drives). I also decided to redownload Dead Rising 4 and Halo Wars 2 from the Store but due to limited bandwidth on my non-fibre internet connection decided to hold off until everything else on Steam was downloaded.

Only problem is that I now get a random error from the Xbox Game bar which claims it is offline and that the storage might be missing or unavailable. There is a link in the error window to the Store where I can choose to Reinstall the Xbox Game bar. Thing is that it will not install; it downloads and installs but then immediately reports that it needs to be repaired.

On checking the WpSystem folder, I found a sub-folder for the Xbox overlay with only two settings files and a load of empty folders. I deleted this folder and next time I was prompted to install the Xbox Game bar so I choose the C drive where Windows is installed. Well, what do you know, the overlay *STILL* insists on installing to H for some reason, still refuses to install and still pops up from time to time (causing the game to return to the desktop) to report that is offline! I tried reinstalling v1803 build 17134.1 as an in-place upgrade from within Windows but the error still persists.

Odd thing is that the Xbox Game bar *is* working - pressing the Guide button on my Xbox One Elite controller or Win+G on the keyboard brings up the Game bar, sometimes with the error but not always - and the Game mode is visible in some games so I am not sure what this error is unless it relies on an internet connection (my current connection has been almost maxed out for the past four days continuously as I redownload games to the H drive).

Has anyone else ever come across this? I did some research on Google and found out that Windows assigns a new VolumeID to a reformatted drive and that this can confuse (surprise, surprise!!!) the Microsoft Store which is looking for the old ID. If that is true then I am shocked as I wonder how Microsoft can code something so poorly that gets 'confused' if you reformat a drive and then try to download the same apps and games back to it. Steam does NOT have this problem!!!

Last edited: May 8, 2018

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    KB4103721 for Windows 10 RS4 is out now with this monthly update roll-up. :)

Will be interesting to see the summary for what was fixed once Microsoft updates this page with the new KB information.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043454
    (For now there's nothing here for RS4, yet.)

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    May 8, 2018—KB4103721 (OS Build 17134.48)
    Applies to: Windows 10 version 1803

Improvements and fixes
    This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addresses an issue with the April 2018 Windows Servicing update that causes App-V Scripts (User Scripts) to stop working.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents certain VPN apps from working on builds of Windows 10, version 1803. These apps were developed using an SDK version that precedes Windows 10, version 1803, and use the public RasSetEntryProperties API.
    • Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause an error when connecting to a Remote Desktop server. For more information, see CredSSP updates for CVE-2018-0886.
    • Security updates to Windows Server, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows app platform and frameworks, Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows storage and filesystems, HTML help, and Windows Hyper-V.
    -

Only 5 Fixes..i was expecting more to be honest. I dont have any problems, but i read some people have some trouble.

akbaar and RzrTrek like this.
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    They usually change more than they list, same as the build release notes on their blog though this is a good initial overview but there's often more.

The security update bit on it's own can see all sorts of changes to various files but it's not often they release more in-depth details on what was fixed specifically.

.NET was also updated with something for one thing I'm not seeing mentioned in the above list. :)

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Just got it thru WU. Build now 17134.48.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Finally, me too..
    Downloading trough winupdate now.

Was a bit worried because I installed 17134.5, but no conflicts :)

tensai28 likes this.

16. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 STRIX
    everytime i go fullscreen gaming than back this becomes tiny
    [​IMG]

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Looks like you have a custom theme? Fonts? Maybe the cause

akbaar likes this.
  18. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    That's always been, since Win10 1511.
    Happens with or without custom themes.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Weirdly I already had the same numbered KB installed on my laptop and it said it was already installed when I tried installing the .MSU, assumed it was .5 causing it, but after removing it and rebooting it was still on .5, so it was the same numbered KB but one that didn't update it to .48 and WU was not asking me to reboot either so didn't come from there

Anyway, removed it, rebooted and installed the new one, now on .48

20. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 GTX 980 OC
    The OS so far is performing well. Just did some optimizations/tweaks and everything is working fine. Also with the latest cumulative the OS seems to be even more responsive.. its fast and solid.

akbaar and eGGroLLiO like this.