1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    There's very little difference between them all. Gaming mode is better for older titles and I don't listen to music through X-Fi anyway. So I prefer to just have X-Fi in gaming mode.

It doesn't matter which mode it's in though, the issue with FB2K DS output is present in all of them on 1803.

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    So far so good.
    Looking at event viewer I do see a few Windows Miracast errors AppReadiness ID 214 and ID 10

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-AppReadiness/Admin
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-AppReadiness
    Date: 5/1/2018 7:11:07 AM
    Event ID: 214
    Task Category: (1)

Description:
    'Windows.MiracastView_cw5n1h2txyewy' uninstall failed for Ed. Error: 'Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.' (0.2187474 seconds)

Seems it failed to uninstall it, I don't have a wireless device or use any wireless devices.

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
  4. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Would any one here be able to test 7 Days to Die on 17134.5 for me?

I've done 2 clean installs with the same 397.31 nvidia drivers as before and when I load up a save in 7dtd and then quit my whole system hangs and just want to see if it's the windows update or something else that's causing it.

EDIT: Does the same thing when quitting Ni No Kuni as well.

5. disq

disq Active Member

GPU:
    GTX
    17134.1 is the official public release. 17134.5 might not even come to the public channels, instead a new CU will come out and replace it by May 8 or sooner.

dr_rus, tensai28 and -Tj- like this.
  6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I hope so, I was 100% sure .5 would be this official release, MS was all quiet about .5 info..

Is there any info what changed in 17134.1 vs 17134.5?

tensai28 likes this.
  7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Clean out Creative Driver Leftovers with Driver Sweeper :
    https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

Can't stress that enough...Creative's installer leaves back a tonne of files in "System32" and "SysWOW64" folders, even after DS gets rid of the first 2 tonnes...I delete those manually.
    Then run CCleaner : Registry Cleaner Tab only and you'll witness another tonne of invalid entries that get left behind as well......and it's all Creative related.

DK Support Pack 4.0 has the only installer that actually tries to get everything out...it leaves back only a small fraction of the files in 'Sys32" and "SysWOW64" folders.

I would recommend cleaning in Safe Mode.

8. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Thanks for the info...have to say that is just terrible though. So if I have 17134.5, I wouldn't get the support and cumulative updates from Microsoft? If I had known that, I wouldn't have installed the patch to bring it up to .5. Based off of what others were saying, I installed the patch because I thought that would be the official release. Microsoft's silence is getting ridiculous.
    So since I'm on 17134.5 and not an insider, should I do another clean install back to 17134.1?

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Of course you will continue to get updates after patching to .5. Why not? Anyone on .1 should automatically get updated to .5 from WU. New builds come thru WU all the time. See build history of 16299 for evidence of that.

tensai28 likes this.
  10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Found my old post from 2015 :

These are the files I have to delete manually after running Driver Sweeper (from Creative's driver not DK 4.0)

System32 folder:

ctdpxy64.dll
    ctosur64.dll
    UDAAPO64.dll
    UDACFX64.dll
    UDAPLD64.dll

SysWOW64 folder:

a3d.dll
    ac3api.dll
    AppSetup.exe
    eaxac3.dll
    oalinst.exe
    UDAAIM64.exe
    UDAAPO32.dll
    UDAAPO64.UDA
    UDACFX32.dll
    UDACFX64.UDA
    UDATEL32.exe
    UDATEL64.exe

CCleaner gets rid of most registry entries, these alone remain.

Regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Creative Tech
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\CREATIVE TECH

Hope this helps, it's been a staple of mine for years.

11. disq

disq Active Member

GPU:
    GTX
    If you already installed it via CMD you will still be able to install the new CU when it comes up later. The .5 is just for Preview channels as of this moment, that's why it is not offered via WU.

12. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Thanks guys for clearing up all the confusion. Yes I installed the update manually via the CMD method. I guess I can confidently install this on my work PC as well. Thanks once again.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I installed it now. I'm getting that uxdservice thing at restart/shut down too with the latest nv driver. I have not been offered .5 via wu (yet).

The bug I had since RS2 thanks to which start's customizations don't hold if you restart explorer after changing the default time zone is still there. I guess I didn't test it enough in my vhd (or didn't care much) >_< I'm stuck with shitty arrow tiles and entries for disney and minecraft trash in my all apps list till tomorrow. A shame classicshell is not in active development anymore.
    I had a bizarre glitch with explorer right now, I would click something in its maximized window but it would process the click on the program behind the window (firefox in this case)! If I clicked the music folder in the navi tree, it would click on someone's user profile in this page or minimize ff instead of explorer. I haven't been able to repeat it but wtf was that.
    The GUI runs identically, it's not smoother in my experience.
    Settings froze after checking out the search category and its title bar disappeared after I clicked check for updated drivers via wu for a device (opened settings via DM).
    Xbox controller still doesn't get detected automatically even after over 2 years, you have to use the wire the first time unlike TH2. No sign of a battery indicator either. frack user feedback?
    Default apps doesn't let me browse my own PC for programs ... go eff yourself and your Store, MS. Some "pro" version.
    They really should drop the "show tips" or "suggestions" euphemism for ads in settings.

AC:O runs similarly, I'll give it more testing.

It supports Realtek's new "Universal Audio Driver" packages so the download is a fraction of the nearly-a-GB we're otherwise used to. It's missing the control panel unfortunately.

Middling release and quite flaky as far as I'm concerned. It needs updates but I also know it will be replaced in just over 4 months so I'm not sure if they will care to do much. If I have to install again for whatever reason, I'm going back to RS1. I'm interested in RS5 for sets and I hope that becomes the base for the next LTSB instead of almost 1805.
    At least I have access to fh3 again lol.

edit: FFS onedrive! There's a bug where the task bar will flicker if you open properties of a folder the first time or use a file picker (eg. ctrl o or save as in firefox or 7z). I thought it was a RS1 incompatibility due to its age but nope, it's right here in RS4. Incompetent dumb fucks! Using the latest version available from their site, 18.25 whatever.

Extraordinary likes this.
  14. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I hate to be the one who comes on here and says this but...I have yet to experience any of these issues. I'm on 17134.5 if it helps.

lucidus likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    If you tried wddm 2.3 vs 2.4 you would notice that "smoother" gui I mentioned few times..

Also it grabs FS properly not minimizing it, especially if you use DSR.

Dunno about the rest, explorer is ok, onedrive also..

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yes I am using the latest driver with wddm 2.4.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Cleaning won't do anything. In case this wasn't obvious in my previous posts, the issue is there right after a clean install of Win10 + any X-Fi driver.

I also can't say that I notice anything anywhere in 1803 being "smoother" than in 1709. Placebo is a hell of a drug.

18. radosuaf

radosuaf Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050 Ti D5 4GB
    OK, an update for you:
    Unigine Valley - W8.1: 3213 / W10: 3243
    ROTR - W8.1: 50.68 fps / W10: 51.45 fps
    Arkham Knight - W8.1: 66 fps / W10: 67 fps
    GTA IV - W8.1: 59.53 fps / W10 : 63.87 fps
    Bioshock Infinite: W8.1: 97.54 fps / W10: 98.08 fps

Seems that W10 is slightly faster - and W8.1 is at 2017-12 rollup level (so no Meltdown/Spectre mitigations installed -but they should not impact gaming performance too much). Not bad, I might even consider switching to W10. Will be testing for now...

EDIT: funny thing... Just ran Cinebench R15:
    W8.1 82.03 fps / 542 cb
    W10: 101.16 fps / 539 cb

W8.1 Nvidia drivers to blame?

EDIT2:
    Unigine Superposition:
    W8.1 - DirectX 5258 / OpenGL 4916
    W10 - DirectX 5268 / OpenGL 4918

19. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Ok my bad dude! Well the placebo pill may have more of an effect on my 3930k ddr3 vs your 6850k ddr4.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I mean if you tried older 391 driver @RS4 vs this new 397, 397 it looked better.

Anyway, sorry to hear about all those issues,.

Imo it seems like it could be your language specific, I saw Chinese and Japanese releases had more issues in general vs normal English.