[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS4 - Build 17134 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Where did you hear about this?

2. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    What's wrong with 17134.1? I thought they fixed that blocking bug with this build, didn't they?

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just updated my desktop: the GUI still feels Arlequin-booze edition, but now with more transparencies and more decoupled things.
    The dark theme is still high contrast (except for Edge) and not "eyes-rest" like.
    The new privacy wizard is scam, it does less then previous versions.
    The updated privacy setting pages are a mess, two off-switch are a terrible idea, but I admit: I like I finally can deny access to file system and media library (remember that media library can be only properly managed manually with file explorer or windows media player!). It also still lacks the option to disable Cortana Assistant/Narrator (had again to use gpedit or registry).
    The new Memory Integrity unfortunately disables non-fully conforming signed drivers (and its off switch is also bugged, I had to disabled it via registry).
    The rest of the control panel is still bad formatted, chaotic and they didn't replace anything of the old control panel (which it still has two modes by its own).
    I wish I could easily remove any "modern" default application that I do not need (ie: anything but mail and calculator)
    Still many different localization formatting errors since Fall Creators update.
    It's appreciable they are trying to improve assistive technologies.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders

I fixed Sonar 6 Producer Edition somewhat after re-installing the last 6.2.1 patch. However, run normally it will still complain that it's not installed properly. If I run it in admin-mode, then, it'll do a quick vst scan and load properly. The first run after doing this; S6PE complained about my hardware not being supported. I managed to change to asio settings, but, S6PE crashed. On the 2nd run I was able to use my Focusrite 18i20.

I uninstalled Ableton Live 9 Lite and installed an older version 9.7.5, but, still no go. An error box pops up complaining about a "Serious error...".

-Tj- likes this.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I have propellerhead Reason and its ok..

But I had some audio interrupts with 17133.xx if I played music in winamp and then something loaded in browser /or had extra yt video in background.. not always, but looked annoying. Didn't have that yet with 17134.1

6. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I personally don't use my pc for music so I never noticed. Hopefully those affected on certain programs will get an update from the software developers to fix this. Not sure if this is enough to stop this from being rtm.

7. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This is the first update that I didn't need to re-install my Creative Titanium drivers (I am using last Daniel_K XFI pack), everything seems to work fine and without reset settings.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    has this been offical released, or is it still delayed?

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I found that it's best to do the OS updates while I have MSHYBRID mode enabled. This way both GPUs are detected and both get setup. Once done, I can flip back to DISCRETE mode.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It has been pushed in the release preview channel. I made the iso fatching the microsoft server to pull the needed files with one of the tools you can find online (eg: UPP).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018

11. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Anyone has an issue with their microphone? I can hear myself talking. "Listening to this device" is not checked. Sometimes it randomly fixes it by itself when I turn my microphone on/off a few times.

12. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I did the same. Tools are provided in the first post. Anyone have an idea of how long it usually takes for a build to go from release preview to rtm?

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Patch Tuesday usually but this version has broken all past precedents so just wait for WU or an availability announcement at this point.

14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I'm assuming the patch is coming soon. Already Tuesday here in Asia but I believe they go by east coast USA time(?). Hopefully we don't see any new builds come up.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    West Coast time, between 9-10AM Seattle afaik. Windows central's Zac Bowden said it could be today but who knows. They've changed the name to April Update btw. Spring Creator's Update is in the bin.

RS5's File Explorer has a secret dark theme. It is high contrast black we've seen so far in win10 but still.

tensai28 likes this.

16. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 10GB
    Version 1803, April Update? Clever...

17. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Odd thing, updated all my home office computers to this build, now no network computers are shown under Network in File Explorer. The only way to access the computers is to type in \\ip address or \\computername. Any idea what Microsoft has once again broken? All was working before, using build 16299

18. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 10GB
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So 17134.1 is now just April update?

Its now protected by your password, type it in by those that didn't needed it before.
    Or something like that.

Its Some secret glitch ms didn't tell about.

lucidus likes this.
  20. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090