[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS3 - Fall Creators Update - Build 16299.15

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 16, 2017.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Windows just need to OS nothing else, MS seem to want to be jack o trades of OS but master at none. LTSB solves most thise kinda, but it has draw back which could just as annoying as every 6 month build update deal depend on how you approached. baring MS do something that set me off, like my sister sets me off switching to LTSB is last resort

Personally I want to see if they "fixed" starmenu bar issue where random gets stuck " turns white" in auto hidemode and cant be opened with mouse which requires one to use alt tab to fix it. in RS3 and if the kept the streak alive of fixing startmenu bar issues but added new issue for the star menu bar to be fix in next build :rolleyes:

Also want to see how long it takes them total remove all the old menu's in favor of there of there "your all blind and stupid so we made is easier menu system with even more buttons steps then the old menus"

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Give it a try in VMware

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    cant atm, not home i kind kinda has blow up and walked out not been home in 3 weeks o_O but i plan to test in VM before rolling dice on actual hw when have access to pc again, think 3 weeks is longest time my pc has not been turned on,

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Time to rent your own place :)

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hahah long story short, i dont drive and i dont work due to health issues, so that option isnt really and option. well less i hit the lotto

Extraordinary likes this.
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I keep hearing about this WDDM 2.3 what does it add or do? i googled it and find any info on anything past 2.2

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nothing that I noticed, and nothing that I missed when I went back to RS1, no idea lol

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Probably bug fixes to whatever was causing issues in games in RS2.

I remember reading about some problems with HDR in RS2 v/s RS1, they fixed in RS3?

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well i know there was bug in RS2 that cause 32 bit apps to crash in 64bit OS if one alt tabed out and few other issue , but that was fixed by CU about 4 months back, HDR issue is supposedly fixed in RS3, but i dont own HDR monitor let alone TV so i dont know

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Didn't WDDM2.3 come with RS2 from the start? (Can't remember now)

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow that's a pretty annoying bug.

Neah that was 2.2.

Extraordinary likes this.
  12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah yea, a driver update brought 2.3, and also a load of problems, and I had to downgrade to an older driver to fix them

None of my games would open full screen, all stuck in windowed / weird rez

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ok, curious if you get/see same thing as I do in BF1.
    I see on some servers that it seems to peg cpu% a lot and when this happens, it affects my mouse to point it like its getting very slow updates to my input. funny the KB seems to be less affected but it still does.
    If I exit and renter another server it clears up even though same number of players or map.

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yeh, I will probably upgrade to next 6 core Intel, It is funny how I see different CPU% online, but seems if it is below around 85% or so its fine. It just when it gets real close to 100% that I get mouse issue, fps are fine it just so laggy.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sound about right atlest to me my G502 which is set too 1000 polling and 1200 dpi just moving cursor around on the desktop uses likes 3~6% cpu (6700k) if one actual look at the task manager the higher the polling the more it cpu is uses last i looked.

Just using a crappy 5 $ low dpi low res mouse my uncle has will bring his i5 4430 cpu from 0% to 3~4% just moving it around on idle desktop with taskmanger open, personally i think thats alot cpu usage just for cursor moving, imo it shouldnt be no more then 1% for just moving a cursor .

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I don't think it has anything to do with mouse, my mouse is set to either 250-350 polling.
    It's only in BF1, BF4 never does this, on some servers in Bf1 like I mentioned it gets to a point that when I pan the mouse it doesn't move on screen, like it lags, so its either something with MP servers or something, but seems to be connected with CPu%.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont know if quad core cpu is using 3~6% just move the cursor on desktop when nothing thing is happen i would think once cpu his 100% in game it might start laging less priority is on cursor over game? then again i have seen the mouse cursor get jumpy when cpu is pegged at 100% in stress tested prime95/Aida 64 etc, but if again if it only happen on some servers for BF1 it could easily be issue with the game.

last time saw any game "CoD modern warefare" i played peg cpu @100% was my uncles FX-4300 ?? i just know my old 920@ stock was twice as powerful as the AMD cpu he had.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  18. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I would agree 3-6% is a lot IMO for cursor movements, I am not seeing that now. It's only in BF1 as mentioned on some servers, I guess I should start running game from server menu so I can see name/stat's of server and see if it is activity or whatever.

I do remember back in BF4 they did a patch that lower cpu% a lot, but that didn't affect my mouse, maybe it didn't peg cpu% as high.

PS: I can run prime95 with cpu at 100% and I don't get this stutter mouse movement.
    Anyway, not big deal I don't want to go OT.
    I am at 4.5ghz, I could maybe go to like 4.6-4.7 but that would be tops, I don't think it would change % much.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @EdKiefer now that you mention it i dont think it was prime95 happen with some benchmarking in aida 64 which seem to disapeared so maybe it issue with it benchmarking that was fixed

20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Just a headup on my issue with BF1 if others read or have same thing, there is a known server issue, that they can get overloaded (you get red icon ). I believe I saw that when i had problems and explains entering another server and seems good.

I read it from a guy called Westie (you-tuber with BF content). A fix is supposedly in the works.