[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS3 - Fall Creators Update - Build 16299.15

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 16, 2017.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Not sure if you can download the update only but as said above you can download the installation media via MCT and install from that (offline).

Choose "preserve settings and programs" (or similar) while installing and you're essentially doing an in-place upgrade from the media (offline).

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    It's a completely new build, so the update is the whole OS anyway

3. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I posted here after the update saying that 7.1 sound was greyed out on startuo and requires a restart to make it detect properly.

It turns out it was nvidia audio driver. I just wanted to post back here because 2 other people posted with the same issue ( but with 5.1 sound ).

Nvidia released about 4 drivers over a few weeks and they all have the same problem. I had to go back to an older driver with an older hd audio driver and it fixed my problem.

Anyone with the same issue can do the same to fix it. Althouh you can probably keep the new driver and just download an older audio driver.

For me I just didn't want to deal with the b.s. Back to a tried and true driver for me....

And my deepest apologies to our microsoft overlords for blaming the m.s update.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Ever since i set an imagine back to 1703 Chrome Videos stopped crashing.

Not sure what's causing it, could be 388.13.

5. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    There is the suggestion to turn off 'Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart' in Settings - Accounts - Sign-in options found here. Will see if it works.

Edit: This is for the start menu/taskbar problem.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Have this Off already but start menu/taskbar glitches.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    I got the feeling 388.13 is causing the issue with crashing video in chrome, cuz still happens with 1703.

Guess ill try 1709 again with 388.00 instead.

8. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    I believe the OS matters too, with the same AMD driver the 1709 would crash WebGL randomly in Chrome. The new drivers and Chrome updates helped but still happens from time to time; never had such crashes on 1703.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    How do you stop the Fall Update from starting up Apps you havn't closed down before a Reboot or Shutdown?

It's EXTREMELY annoying.

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
  12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    None of these two help. I still have double start on Intel's Turbo Boost 3.0 Max UI app. This is clearly a bug which MS should fix.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    I don't have that Notebook icon.

Apart that i disabled the previous folder option and alsonthe sign--in one in account settings. But Chrome still starts up when not closed... as does Blizzard Battle.net.

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    The fix I posted doesn't fix all app left running, it does stop folders, Edge etc (IE doesn't work), but if you leave registry open, it still opens on next boot/restart, so its only partial fix.

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    This is probably the first thing i hate about Windows 10 since i started using it.

Even worse... an official post said there is no engineering work planned to change this...

What the fffffffffffffff...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017

16. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI SLI

Same issue here also the asus gpu clocking software has this issue in the fall update. Haven't found a way to fix this either.

17. maxx126

maxx126 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    Do any of you have serious performance loss in games. All of a sudden all games are starting to run in a very stutter low frame rate state. Before, I could fix this with a restart but now even after restart all games are now running like sh... :(
    I hate this fall update, it has brought nothing but problems for me.

Edit: It seems like I am not alone. https://forums.geforce.com/default/...th-fps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update

Restart not being a solution anymore is a huge problem though because I cannot play anything now.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  18. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    The FCU, 1709, does not shut down completely even though fast startup is not enabled. Only way I have found to keep programs or apps from "launching by themselves" after login is to shut them down before shutting down the system. Not all apps or programs are affected by this.

19. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 ti
    I had this issue even with 1703 and utorrent.
    As you say, the only solution that works is quit utorrent before shutting down the system.

There is also a thread with other gurus with the same problem :
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-10-fcu-aplication-autostart-bug.417421/#post-5486781

20. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    The pick-up-where-you-left-off feature was first introduced in 1703 and has since been enhanced since Windows Timeline was delayed.