1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Redstone 2 - Creators Update

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 21, 2017.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Ok, I don't use wushowhide so not sure.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still want to know why KB4023057 has been found as update and installed 6 times I know each time it found as a update it updates files but it does not match dates shown in the article. I thought anything that got "update" got new KB or maybe they dont and i never noticed it

Cause I got notification about KB4023057 again wanting to be installed today.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I am not sure, but IMO they keep using that number for compatibility updates for newest build, so if you are on newest that will stop AFAIK.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    meh and maybe one day i will update to newer build till then i guess it dont mater

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Isn't that the update that installs this piece of microsoft turd?

"UpdateOrchestrator" of something along those lines, it bypasses Windows Update and forces 10 to upgrade to a new build regardless of the new build being compatible or not.... it basically shoves it down your pc's throat and says ENJOY.

[​IMG]

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I am on 1703 and got a handfull of those updates, it never forced a update.
    I have it set to like 250 day delay.
    I do let it do security updates, basically waiting to see how Spring CU performs from others.

I have to search back in this thread, but I think 2 services were added
    1)OS Remediation System Service :A lightweight service for understanding and remediating OS update issues.

2)Update Orchestrator Service :Manages Windows Updates. If stopped, your devices will not be able download and install latest

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ok sorry i was incorrect, when this notification happen saying I have updates that need to be installed, IF i use winshowhide app, the show hidden option is "empty" but the hide updates option lists the CU in there, yet the actual WU page dont show anything

8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Well, that makes sense now.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah its not actual hidden but there is option for it to be hidden, and seem to do this every few days for about week ( notify me about update that show me nothing when i click notification) or so after CU is updated mean I dffer update for 180 days but those for feature updates quality of life and security are not differed