[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Redstone 2 - Creators Update

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    It already is superseded, it already was when it was released lol

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660gtx sig2
    does that mean they have iso version of Creator update now that less likely to bug out the startmenu upon clean or upgrade install? still refuse to install creator on my dad pc cause i dont want to break startmenu and make all his pined stuff invalid link and also be unable to pin things to it.

I have this happen on atlest 4 different systems off upgrades and clean installs. VM upgrade to creator worked fine, not so much outside of VM though.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  3. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Not sure if there are ISOs on MSDN yet, but you can create your own with those ESDs, so yea if the cumulative update that is integrated with this updated version fixes the start menu problem it should work as intended on a clean install

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660gtx sig2
    i wouldnt know if the CU fixed cause every time it happen none the updates that got download actual fixed and i had to reinstall and there 50% chance that same issue happen again on clean installs this all off the first official release of creator update,

Dad pc by asking to agree to new privacy settings lately and till I agree to that it wont find said update anyway. and on my uncles pc I pretty much deffred the update for 6 months.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017

5. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI

Well I decided I'd had enough of all the bloat in Pro and installed LTSB 2016 which is RS1 1607 - 14393, there's nothing in the RS2 or what I've seen in RS3 beta that I would use or miss, the only thing in RS2 that I liked was not having to click apply when enabling extended displays lol

I install the Pro RS3s in VMware and have a look at what's new, but so far just gimmicky bloat I don't need so quite happy sticking with RS1 for the foreseeable future, so unless there's something in RS2 they need, just leave them with RS1

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I had RS3 in mind but yeah :p

7. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    :D Ah yes, soon it will be hugely superseded

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660gtx sig2
    if it was as simple of just switching to LTSB with out doing clean install i might do it? these day i simply dont want to bothered to thing that might cause me stress or frustration which lead to things i dont want lmao

9. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    You might get the option to upgrade from Pro to LTSB, but it likely won't let you keep anything, never tried Pro to Enterprise before, but it's well worth the effort of a clean install, No Cortana, No Edge, No Apps, No Store, more control over telemetry without having to use antispy programs, you can completely disable it from group policy / privacy settings, the Win 7 calc is still there too as there are no apps, and no feature updates (New LTSC coming in 2019), only security updates for LTSB 2016

It's what Windows 10 should always have been IMO, leave the bloat for 10 Home

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Is it normal for text to be less sharp when a window is moved to another monitor with a different scaling level? If I move explorer from a monitor with 100% scaling to 150%, it is noticeably aliased. If I set it to duplication (or extend) and set both screens at 150%, it is sharp.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660gtx sig2
    sounds like a bug to could be gpu drivers or os issue

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I'm inclined to believe it is a windows thing because it happens only when moving explorer (and other programs to a lesser extent) to another screen with a different scaling factor. Hopefully it is better in RS3 but I'm not going to hold my breath.

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
  14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    https://www.neowin.net/news/microso...formance-issues-in-windows-10-creators-update

Apparently RS2 really did introduce issues in some games.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury OC
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4038788

KB4038788 (OS Build 15063.608)

The fullscreen color profile fix should be a welcome change for this update, next month will probably see the update to the full RS3 build though these security fixes should still be available for I think it's a three year period?

16. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Addressed issue that sometimes causes Windows File Explorer to stop responding and causes the system to stop working.

I`ll believe that when I see it lol

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury OC
    I wonder if that resolves a issue I've had since something like Windows 8, probably a different issue entirely but mass copying and pasting files quickly into several folders made explorer.exe crash, it does restart on it's own though so it's mostly a minor annoyance.
    (Since it's a pretty specific issue it's not something that happens too often but it made updating ReShade for those 500+ Steam games a bit of a hassle, well a bit more of a hassle I suppose ha ha. :D )
    (At least it's easy to tell it's nearly going to crash when the thumbnail icons for files starts blinking once when opening a folder.)

EDIT: Well I could just automate that particular process I suppose but I like doing it manually, besides after doing it a few times it goes surprisingly fast even with explorer.exe crashing twice or so in the process. :p

18. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    When I was running Pro, explorer would crash multiple times a day, to trigger the crash I would only have to right click the desktop or something equally as pathetic

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Microsoft Edge is broken after the update?

20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    first time I ran edge after update it couldn't find any pages, but then it starting working ok