[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Redstone 2 - Creators Update

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    I just create it directly in the VM after it's finished downloading and preparing

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I'm not saying Edge is secure at all, but keep in mind that people were probably more focussed on hacking Edge than they were with Safari, Firefox or Chrome. If this was the case, then Safari would actually have faired much worse than Edge.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You operate at the speed of bot, not me :p

Do you know any commands to parse through DISM's log file? I want to know what files are missing from the component store. It always fails at 98.6% even though I set install.esd or wim as the source.

4. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    :D I overclocked my bot clock

Don't know that much about DISM tbh, enough to check health / repair health, install .cab etc

Anything else I end up with a load of tabs open and notepad full of CMD lines to copy paste :D

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Meh, ultimately it's the user who is the security risk :p

6. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
  7. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Ti Gaming X
    I read MS had some outages the other day. I think it was the same time I was getting that "update error" I posted about earlier on here. I'm downloading WZOR's ESD instead of using the UUP's from my last update so hopefully that makes the difference.

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    at the same time microsoft had outages. my isp had dns problems....slow, not loading....

and then of course the ips deny the problems....

mean while my neighbors had the same problems.

9. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Effin ads ... where did that show up?

11. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI

Bottom of outlook.com site, and had a button to launch Edge on the very right side

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh as long as ones in windows explore can be turned off, I dont use either, even if i have outlook email

13. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Amazingly turning the explorer ads off survived upgrading from RS1 to RS2 and did not re-enable itself

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    But they can't figure out how to leave details pane active and not to expand and collapse quick access and this pc. Super annoying post upgrades.

Anyway, outlook.com ads aren't a big deal because of google's precedent. There's a big blank space when you sign into outlook.com and now it has a big fat ad for premium. I swear they updated their backend stuff from windows 7 to 10 yesterday. That's where the ads are coming from lol.

15. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    not sure whats going on here. but windows removed auslogic disk defrag and wont allow it to install......

this app cant run on your pc....

it was running yesterday....:bang:

ha portable version works...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017

16. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI

Nah, they didn't update their back-end, Windows 10 auto installed itself at 2am on all of their machines :D

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    And their techies couldn't find the any key to proceed!

I clean installed 15063 on my old laptop and it's working nicely. Those holographic apps other than mixed reality are not in All Apps as they are on my desktop (upgrade from 14393) but on the other hand an extremely annoying bug that was on a couple of builds where programs and features would be blank when maximized and wouldn't re-populate properly, is present on the laptop even though it wasn't when on a virtual hdd. The latter will hopefully be remedied by patches because no new drivers will be coming for the graphics chip, that's for sure. The former appears to be an upgrade bug which won't be cleaned up :-/

I can't fix the dism bug on my desktop and the only remedy I haven't tried is an inplace upgrade. I'm not willing to do all that for dism's sake because I've been upgrading from 14393 to multiple fast ring builds. Why can't it fix itself?! This happened with both 10586 and 14393 RTM's.

18. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Not seeing the populate bug with programs and features, and sfc comes back clean even after upgrading from RS1, so no need for DISM this end

Got all the C++ redistribs installed? Not sure that would affect the programs and features from populating though

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah I have thatguy's pack installed. It happened on my desktop on 2 builds (I think I posted about it) but it stopped happening in later builds. It occurs only in P&F. Maybe it will just go away.

SFC /verifyonly and /scannow work perfectly but dism will fail at restorehealth. Scanhealth will tell me the component store is repairable. It is annoying because I feel like I have defective spares in the shop lol.

OK I think I found the culprit,

(p) CBS MUM Corrupt Microsoft-Windows-TestRoot-and-FlightSigning-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.15063.0

2017-03-23 00:33:20, Info CBS CheckSur: hrStatus: 0x800f081f [CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING], download Result: 0x800f0948 [CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING_FROM_WU_CAB]

I don't think this can be fixed by me and will eventually be cleared up when the CU gets its first ... CU.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  20. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    As a side comment, The Malwarebytes version of AdwCleaner removed ALL Auslogics programs from my systems.