[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H2 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Chastity, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because its got hardware accelerated glass effects.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so no way to make it run on the cpu instead of the gpu less one can disable the glass effect?, which i am assuming isnt easy or possible.

Nvidia is gona have to make profile for it make sure it is taged at adaptive to keep it from pegging the gpu at full clocks for those that use Max performance globally.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that dont do anything, but I did notice going in and out of the registry, that even the consent.exe that pops up when UAC stuff pops up even runs on the gpu... So long as I kept it from run full 3d clocks its fine i guess, atlest till we have like dozen OS files running on GPU. to me this just OCD thing cause I dont think anything should be running off the gpu or using other then games which impossible in this day and age

*after more testing*
    I realize that StartMenuExperienceHost.exe AKA START only runs on the gpu when one click on the windows button on the startmenu. so this none issue for me

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Be aware that any UWP app utilizes GPU because its user interface utilizes DirectX.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is why I have all apps "background" setting disabled. and it not just UWP apps alot programs that really shouldnt be using DX are.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  7. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    The Windows GUI runs upon DirectX 11. Alpha blending, and even more gaussian blur, is tons times more efficient on GPU then on CPU. You can sill disable transparency effects in the settings control panel.

If they are on background there is no alpha blending. If GPU memory is needed by other application, the OS claims those GPU resources of background application for you.

You know, the Microsoft "Compute, Graphics, & AI" knows better then us how to implement an efficient OS shell GUI.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well I put threw 1909 on my personal PC *6700K* as upgrade cause I was feeling lazy as far as I can tell everything went threw fine no issue, went from 1803 to 1909 only thing it did I didnt like that knew it would do it add system partion

9. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    1909 - stable as rock

10. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    It used to be that when disabling fullscreen optimizations of a game executable, the volume bar wouldn't appear in game. Now it is appearing in some games and not others. Not annoyed by the volume bar itself but when it appears, it tanks the FPS, and with Freesync the refresh rate with it, making the game a stuttering mess for a couple of seconds. Anyone experiencing the same?

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    some games are natively supporting flip modes.

12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    What do you mean by flip modes?

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Flip discard and all that, part of Windows 8 and later but rarely used for DirectX 11 though mandatory in part for DirectX 12 and Vulkan.
    SpecialK can override it but with varied success due to how some games handle frame queues and back buffers but the benefit is latency and input lag benefits. :)

Windows 10 and some AMD option (Enhanced Sync?) kinda attempts a method of this as well, way I see it is a chain which used to have the shortest number of links in exclusive fullscreen mode and then you needed more of these steps ("links") for windowed and especially borderless mode which then improved and now with this it can compete with exclusive fullscreen in overall responsiveness and speed at least when supported.
    (Newer Unity Engine builds use a form of it now for example but not the fastest version.)

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/sample-application-for-direct3d-12-flip-model-swap-chains

[​IMG]

Less of all of these things = faster. :D
    (Extremely simplified.)

EDIT: There's more to it and then there's the old quickie of VSync = off and then there is nothing as the presentation is immediate though you get tearing as a result depending on overall sensitivity towards that.

And probably more, I'm no expert but I do see it as one of the bigger gains in newer versions of Windows although forcing it is a bit mixed and overall native support can also vary as there's different modes to do this and not all are as fast but overall it's a improvement. :D

EDIT: Oh and the article on Intel itself has better info like this sort of stuff about it. :)

Better latency less buffers and steps for presentation and usage of flip model and how it all works. I'm no expert I just know it's a good thing.
    (When it's working well and implemented well at least.)

MaCk0y and warlord like this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    All Ryzen 3000 CPUs have favoured cores per CCX. This can be seen via Ryzen Master.

There's fastest and second fastest core for both.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 7:59 AM
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yep, I saw that but forgot about that post to correct it.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Fair enough and just an observation either way.

Had no idea (or forgot already) 1909 had this favorite cores feature so guess I'll be updating today.

WU has offered 1909 feature update for a while now but haven't touched it yet. Still on 1903.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    unlike 2004, 1909 is just a small activator kb patch which turns on features already in the latest CU

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeah so I gathered from this thread.

19. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU: