[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 28, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Would also want to be careful about what voltage the bios is actually pushing when setting the XMP and double checking timings, my own board has a slight variance (Gigabyte X570 Master.) it's still within safe parameters but it's a bit below the 1.35 XMP standard as a comparable example. :)
    (1.25v stock default and 1.35v with XMP I believe up to 1.45 sometimes even 1.5 as generally OK but a bit higher than normal although this can vary a bit too.)

Load line and vdroop and other stuff can also be a thing but probably more for CPU voltage and fluctuations, stuff can go pretty bad and even if it's a feature XMP is overclocking and is not guaranteed although in most cases it's supposed to work but sometimes one or more sticks could still go bad for any number of reasons.

EDIT: Oh new page, well I think I've said all I can so trying the sticks individually will hopefully find the faulty one and hopefully it is just one stick and that's all there is no board issues or anything else. :)

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh I manged to get all back up found out KB4556799 was causing people BSOD to and people been warned to just uninstall it, well went to uninstall it and there no option to let me do so, tried to shift+restart to go in advanced and remove updates. that failed to remove the update too. so I cant remove the update.

As for the ram issue it pushing 1.20 volts like should be under XMP which always been under since I made the system. so i dont know I made another topic about all this and plan to do some stress tests and see what happen, I but I really want to remove the CU seein that CU said it has BSoD for alot people. seeing the ram like most other ram have life time warrenty I will just rma even if stress tests show nothing

JonasBeckman likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm that's interesting, good to know about the cumulative update having multiple issue reports too will have to look more into that and see if Microsoft might have done something affecting stability negatively or even breaking something in some way although I suppose if that's the case then some later cumulative will just resolve it silently along with the usually vague update notes mostly mentioning a few key fixes and the general security improvements to various OS components. :)

EDIT: Not the best implications either having support for several earlier Windows10 builds but then as focus shifts towards the newer up and coming builds stability for these becomes questionable.

Hopefully that won't be a recurring thing.
    Well 19H1 here and it's mini 19H2 feature enabling update and shared code is a bit of a oddity until 20H1 rolls out but this still a concern and people won't all just jump to the newest build immediately either.
    (Newest cumulative is getting there but I expect the first couple of monthly updates will be what really start nailing down the remaining issues once 20H1 goes live in full.)

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    my question is how hell do I remove the update cause there is no "uninstall" for it and if I use WUSA to remove it it say it can be uninstalled its need for windows

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    read them both already none them work there is no uninstal option threw Add/remove and doing it threw wusa tell me it cant be uninstalled, troubleshooting option fails and reboots

dism option dont even list the update.

is there way to force a reinstall of the KB4556799? that might restore the uninstall option?

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ya i down load it am current using dism to re install it, and see if uninstall option happens the roll up "Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~18362.836.1.6" is the only patch dism saw before this the actual KB4556799 was not seen if I have to I will remove that in trying to remove KB4556799

Freaking hate Windows, and updates that cause issue

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well reinstall thing cab threw dism made the option to "uninstall" returne but it fails gona try threw troubleshoot

element not found error from both wusa and dism, but the option to uninstall it is there IF i run

wusa D:/downloads/windows10.0-kb4556799-x64.msu /uninstall

the uninstall gets alot far but in the end fails "element not found"

"C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\a75e1456b7eea7fc8bbfe9d9b17072e2"
    does contiant the cab for the install so not sure why it cant find and wont uninstall

I think maybe I leave it before now seeing windows is up and running, hope full no more BSoD maybe I will just install the new build cleanly once it is released

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  10. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    fwaa haa HAA - hee hee HEE! :D

no problems encountered with the KB4556799 update on my end using either 1903 or 1909 on my PCs - manually installed it from MUC (ms update catalog) rather from WU [and have windows auto updates disabled with some 3rd party tools of course] ;)

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    good for you one luck ones

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/05/25/windows-10-kb4556799-causes-bsod-and-network-issues/

a simple google of KB4556799 comes up with bunch places and people reporting BSoD among other things

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    My favorite update to Windows 10 was the one that made my brothers wireless card stop working, and because of that he didn't know how to get the internet to work to figure out how to fix the problem of the wireless card not working.... it's like a joke that wrote itself.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    now that is funny,well not funny but funny in that with out the internet how is one gona fiqure out how to fix it.

KissSh0t likes this.
  14. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    It shouldn't be that hard accessing the internet nowadays. Just get hold of anyone's smart phone. Don't steal it though :eek:

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Windows 10 back at it's old tricks again.

[​IMG]

Don't bother suggesting anything to try fixing it, I've probably already done it with no success.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    install 2004, problem solved :cool:

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I already did a little while ago, it has issues so I will wait for the beta testers to report them to Microsoft before I install it again.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I been getting these notifiactions about " my " ms account isnt working right and they want it to fix it I am using local account and NOT MS account and I dont want to use MS account nor login with one. is there way to get windows to stop send me notification about that? I assuming they did that cause they want everyone to use MS account to login....

General the only notifactions I get are for WU as of late there most notifactions about my ms account I not even loged into nor want to be loged into