[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I bet if he saw the app in use he'd want it

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you would be wrong i show him it told him its 5$ for 5 pc's he said nope not paying extra for it. so i guess he either really stuborn about it or just not willing to pay to get the win 7 startmenu back. startmenu is only part of the win10 ui he hates. maybe I will see about the free versions for him.

3. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    The network chip of my MSI B450 Tomahawk (Realtek 8111H) doesn't work after installing the latest KB4512941. That is with all the latest drivers installed and BIOS updates. :( Uninstalling the update works around the issue.

I've also tried the new 20H1 build and there is the same problem with a curiousity. The NIC isn't recognized during the installation procedure, but it works for a brief moment after installing the AMD drivers for the graphics card (Vega 56). But the same Code 10 error exists after the needed restart though. Changing network drivers didn't help.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it needs a driver update.

5. d0X

d0X Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    I love this new build (1903). Windows Defender not working, Start not working... I finally see why people stubbornly keep Windows 7/8.1, because they just work.
    Anyone had a problem like this? I tried numerous tweaks, reset of Windows, nothing helps. I don't remember if I even tried clean install.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 3080
    I had this, needed complete reinstall of Windows. Repair your Windows option never finishes successfully.

7. d0X

d0X Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    So, clean install is the only way? I am doing more clean installs on 10 than on friggin' XP. Microsoft is really uselessly shitty. :(

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 3080
    d0X: I'm not saying it's needed in your case, but I had a similar issue and reinstall was the only way to resolve this :-(

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    At this point in time I have reinstalled windows 10 more times then I installed win xp and win 7 combined, that is not counting how many times it got reinstalled be cause build upgrades never go threw correct. Win10 breaks to easy simple tweaks that work in one build not work in newer build unless said build was a clean install haha

10. d0X

d0X Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    @spajdrik I did clean install as you suggested, it's ok now. It is sad that this was the only solution that worked but thanks nevertheless.

@tsunami231 problem is that I liked messing with Windows XP when I was a kid, making nLite versions, reinstalling often etc. But now my time is valuable and I don't want to spend it on numerous Windows reinstallations. -_-

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @d0X

I did too now doing such things now likely to bust windows haha. everything is integrated into everything now so remove one thing you think wont mater is likely to mess crap up. thing there were working fine should be working fine after build upgrade short of there was actual bug that causes it, but that not true either as that working thing could get messed up, and clean install will fix it.

forget about the fact I had clean install go wrong in with in 15 minutes for simply just updating where folders like (documents,video,music, etc point to) to the point where changing the location failed or the location didnt go to where it was told. and after count issue like that off clean install and wasting hours trying to fiqure out why, I came to the conclusion I should just clean install windows again as a clean installed take 10minutes if that and if the issue is happen shortly after clean install before i start load up my games and programs that is exactly what I do.

I like windows 10 but it is as bipolar and all over the place as most women :rolleyes:

12. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    depends on "how" you did the repair option.
    when I want to "repair" an existing install of Win10, I always do an "in-place" upgrade of Win10 over an existing one thru local DVD or USB install media "offline" (no internet connections while running setup), using only the ESD or ISO install media downloaded directly from MS [not "customized" nor modded installs from something like nLite]

also - the KB4515384 security update for v1903 was released (build 18362.356):
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=4515384
    https://support.microsoft.com/help/4515384/

13. d0X

d0X Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    Last Windows that was interesting to modify was Vista with vLite. That was ages ago. I don't know why would you even mention modifying Windows 10 since nobody said anything about that. I tried in-place upgrade with Media Creation Tool flash drive, it didn't help.

@tsunami231 lol it really can be bipolar. And when I remember how I was a big proponent and defender of W10 it makes me sad... -_-

14. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    Jackalito likes this.
  15. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    Jackalito likes this.

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    September 26, 2019—KB4517211 (OS Build 18362.387)
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4517211

• Updates an issue that causes audio in certain games to be quieter or different than expected.
    • Addresses an issue in which the maximum central processing unit (CPU) performance is not enabled when you select the High Performance power plan.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    -Tj- and Jackalito like this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the fix for that was a basic revert :\
    they should have implemented the original change as a ACLayer option, since it only allowed certain games to properly query the sound capabilities of certain sound cards.

18. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    You are so smart, why you have not applied to the job at MS Windows team? We would get super versions with your expertise.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Microsoft only wants "Yes men"

mbk1969 likes this.
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Jackalito likes this.