[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 28, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah part of a in-between 19H1 and 19H2 update going by My Digital Life forum discussion where a few percentages of the release preview channels on 19H1 got enabled to install this which should together with the service stack and that cumulative bring the OS closer to 1909 18363.327 (Not 18362 or 18362.1014/1015 for the current 19H2 updates.)

Getting close to a release now. :)
    Think there's an 19H1 cumulative too outside of this, .325 was it?

EDIT: It does make things a bit complicated though having this as a stepping between 19H1 and 19H2 but outside the current split updates for 19H2 (.14 for features off by default and the default and a small subset gets .15 with features on by default for testing.)

But it should be out soon though this update for 18363 isn't the final version of 19H2 so there's one more patch at least and then hitting the update date for general release before moving to 20H1 though I suppose if they're going to yearly release model it'll be more like Win10 2020 and whatever number it ends at. (2009 or something earlier? Year and month date not the build number.)

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    has anyone have a weird glitch with task manager still showing processes running but wasnt actually running?

restarting task manager fixes it.

I closed down steam and task manager showed it was still running. even thought it wasnt.

weird...

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats caused by task manager being paused, change the update speed from paused to normal.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ugh my uncles computer just has 1903 forcable download on to and now if the pc is restarted it will install it... how can i stop this

He didnt click the Download and isntall link cause he never goes in there and I didnt do, I knew about cause I went to shut the pc down for the day it had update and restart open. I guess I was right there idea of let us choice when to download install build updates threw that link in WU still means we gona force. I told him this and he wasnt happy. This why he hates windows 10 and want to keep win 7 on his other pc, his other pc would atlest be pro verison of win 10 if the win7 to win 10 works

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    it was paused as it was still showing system usage changing....

probably was just system lag..from unity editor and firefox...

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Highlights
    • Updates an issue that prevents certain games from leveraging Spatial Audio capabilities.
    • Updates an issue that fails to provide a cursor when you select a text input box using touch.
    • Updates an issue that may cause the name of an unsupported application to appear as default text, such as “ms-resource:AppName/Text” in the Start menu after upgrading the operating system.
    • Updates an issue with downloading copyrighted digital media (music, TV shows, movies, and so on) from certain websites using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
    • Improves the user experience and app compatibility so that more Win32 apps will work with Windows Mixed Reality.
    Improvements and fixes
    This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

• Addresses an issue that displays a black screen when you use Remote Desktop to connect to a machine running Windows 10, version 1903.
    • Addresses an issue that may prevent the Windows Sandbox from starting with the error, "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)." This occurs on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.
    • Increases the number of supported interrupts per device to 512 on systems that have x2APIC enabled.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents some Trusted Platform Module (TPM) devices from being used for Next Generation Credentials.
    • Addresses an issue that causes a workstation to stop working when you sign in using an updated user principal name (UPN) (for example, changing UserN@contoso.com to User.Name@contoso.com).
    • Addresses an issue that prevents Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) from running automated forensic data collection when using registry-based proxy configuration.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) from sending cyberspace events for paths beginning with \\tsclient.
    • Addresses a possible compatibility issue when Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) accesses case-sensitive Server Message Block (SMB) shares.
    • Addresses a rare issue that occurs when the mssecflt.sys driver takes too much space on the kernel stack. This results in the error, "STOP 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP", and Parameter 1 is set to “EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT.”
    • Addresses an issue that leads to excessive memory utilization in Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP).
    • Improves the detection accuracy of Microsoft Defender ATP Threat & Vulnerability Management.
    • Addresses an issue in which Windows Defender Application Control will not allow third-party binaries to be loaded from a Universal Windows Platform application. CodeIntegrity event error 3033 appears as, “Code Integrity determined that a process (<process name>) attempted to load <binary name> that did not meet the Store signing level requirements.”
    • Addresses an issue that causes devices to have truncated device names when Autopilot provisioning automatically assigns a name to them.
    • Addresses an issue in which the product description of Windows Server 2019 was incorrect when queried using slmgr /dlv.
    • Addresses an issue that causes the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) class Win32_PhysicalMemory to report that 32 GB memory chips have a missing Capacity value.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents you from copying and pasting compound documents (formerly OLE objects) between an application that hosts the RichEdit control and other applications.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents certain games from leveraging Spatial Audio capabilities.
    • Addresses an issue that fails to provide a cursor when you select a text input element using touch.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the name of an unsupported application to appear as default text, such as “ms-resource:AppName/Text” in the Start menu after upgrading the operating system.
    • Addresses an issue that may prevent the personal identification number (PIN) prompt from appearing when authenticating in Internet Explorer.
    • Addresses an issue with downloading digital rights management (DRM) files from certain websites using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
    • Improves the user experience and app compatibility so that more Win32 apps will work with Windows Mixed Reality.
    • Addresses an issue with LdapPermissiveModify requests, which fail to make Active Directory (AD) group membership changes if the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) client uses the Security Identifier (SID) syntax. In this scenario, Active Directory returns a “SUCCESS” status even though the change did not occur.
    • Addresses an issue that may prevent devices from starting when they start up using Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) images from Windows Deployment Services (WDS) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). The error is, "Status: 0xc0000001, Info: A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed."
    • Addresses an issue that may prevent devices from starting up or cause them to continue restarting if they are connected to a domain that is configured to use MIT Kerberos realms. Domain controllers and domain members are both affected.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the following to stop responding:
      • Applications that were made using Visual Basic 6 (VB6).
      • Macros that use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
      • Scripts or apps that use Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript).
    You may also receive an "Invalid procedure call” error.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Undying, Jackalito and mbk1969 like this.
  8. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 GTX 980 OC
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

<.< fixed.

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    After this update, I had 30% on searchUI.exe and search box was a blank black.
    I use shutup10 to enabled back the first option for Cortana (Cortana reset and disable) and the Misc extension of windows 10 search with bing disabled.
    Rebooted and that fixed it, the search box is working.

Now I wonder if just the bing one is needed.

I was looking in reg for AllowCortana which used to be here, but I am not seeing it there, anyway, the first option in Cortana section of shutup10 I believe is that setting.

Disable Cortana
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search]
    “AllowCortana”=dword:00000000

More info on this issue
    https://www.tenforums.com/windows-1...dows-10-v1903-build-18362-329-aug-30-a-4.html

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    only the bing one was needed.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Right, re-enbled disable Cortana and all still working.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Hmm so that Cortana CPU issue is still a problem then and from MyDigitalLife they once again altered some components so 327 to 329 could fail but there's a workaround by manually adding that file to the update (expand the cab, add in folder and DISM to integrate it.) but so far these have been only on the release preview channel and none of the release channel updates have been affected so it's contained to just insiders and testing with some reverted components and the occasional bug.

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    As I posted above, my issue was from using Shutup10 and having Bing search disabled, re-enabling that fixed the search box and high CPU%.

Fix
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]
    "BingSearchEnabled“=dword:00000001

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah it seems it can help from what I've been reading up on but here Bing and Cortana are both disabled to what extent they can be without some file tampering but unfortunately on opening the start menu Cortana/Win10 Search (Cortana when not set to a supported language reverting back to just W10 Search.) it immediately takes up one of the CPU cores (~15% CPU usage on a hexa core systems.) though Ctrl+Alt+Delete and terminating the process resolves it by forcing the app to restart, load for a while and then settle in sleep or idle mode though it then begins again if the start menu is opened or explorer.exe is restarted.
    (Curiously just restarting the start menu container itself - separated from the other container in 1903 for shell processes. - does not activate it like that which I would have expected if it's tied to the start menu in some way.)

Seems to have started somewhere for 18362.295 and then 18362.1012 / .1013 updates and then persisted through to .1014/.1015 for 19H2 and the various 18362 release preview updates including the 18363.325 and .327 kinda-19H2 updates.
    (Most but not all of the features from 18362.1015 plus a newer service stack update.)

It's manageable but I hope to see it resolved completely in time for 19H2 hitting full release around the later part of September. :)

EDIT: Initially thought it was a snag actually from how Microsoft is scaling down on Cortana and Win10 Search for some cloud system solution but I guess that's not entirely online yet even if the mechanics are in place for 19H2 now and the current insider updates for it. :)
    (And the same bug might thus persist to the latest two or so 20H1 builds too if that shares similar code.)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    you probably have Bing search disabled, check the reg data values I posted a 0 value is disabled.
    Sad thing it will bring web searches happening, but hopefully, someone will figure a new way to disable. There is a GPE that also disables web searches but haven't tried it.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah I missed the last digit there in the hex string being a 1 and the prior posts instead understanding it as Win10 had it as enabled by default but it's the opposite and it actually needs to be set to enabled and that fixes the problem, curious that something like that would fix this little misbehavior but good to know and now I think I'm getting how this was meant to be set. :)

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So I successful upgrade my uncles old AMD Athlon 64 x system from a HDD to SSD then Win7 to Win 10 which is active so interesting enough the free upgrade is still working.

Not entirely sure cpu is up to challenge of Win 10, I more shocked at the fact the cpu is idling around 50c, I just took alot dust off the heat sink and reversed the AMD fan from the AMD HSF cause it blow hot air on the cpu and pushing it away, it seem to help the temps some but not alot, I think thermal paste is gone and the system might actual need some case fan cause there are none. only fans in the system are psu fan, AMD Stock Fan for the 64 dual cpu and even tinnier fan on the amd gpu that just as old.

But sadly both win 7 and windows 10 see the SSD as eject able drive, and there is no setting in bios settings for "hotplug" which tells the os if it eject able or not, And no trick for window 7/10 worked to stop the OS from seeing the SSD a eject able. This SSD is inland professional SSD. So have constant eject icon on the desktop that lists the SSD

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    18362.329 resolved the netflix 4k stuttering for those who use it.

This is normal on Nforce SATA, you can edit the registry to remove it if you want to that badly.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    There motherboard is not NForce atlest I dont think it is, and none of the registry tricks I used remove it. It dont really matter for now in week time I will just clean install 1903 on the PC then probably do 1903 standin upgrade on his main pc which was just clean installed 2 months ago with 1809.