1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Thats beautiful mate

Rich_Guy likes this.
  2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

Passus likes this.
  3. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    That is what internal testing is for. Not the public guinea pigs.

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M

5. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Cheers Buddy

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    Looks like it's safe to jump on the 1903 bandwagon knowing that the DPC issue has been fixed.

Update (1): no problems during the update, but my start menu didn't want to open (a restart may be required)... (bug)
    Update (2): i've enabled "show recently used files", but nothing shows up (windows settings overriding the folder settings)... (bug)
    Update (3): not able to open my audio settings (right click on your audio symbol on your taskbar -> audio settings -> sound control panel)... (workaround)
    Update (4): the start menu only shows square tiles by default (windows settings again overriding my folder settings)... (bug)
    Update (5): DDU came to my rescue, many thanks to the developers (poorly tested amd drivers are a pita)... (bug)
    Update (6): night lighting stops working after changing the slider (another restart may be required)... (bug)
    Update (7): it's already enabled, but night lighting stops working when unlocking my pc (have to cycle through the button)... (bug)
    Update (8):
    all of my old backup files and folders are for some reason sorted by "group" by default (right click in your folders and sort your files by "none")... (bug)
    Update (9): i want to postpone upgrades for 365 days, but now it's mandatory after 35 days (you may want to try linux)... (workaround)

I was able to work through most shenanigans, but gone are the days of free choice.

Windows 10 Pro (x64) 1903-18362.295

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    relativity speaking? it also safe to matador so long as you know what you doing, till you get tramped by it even if this a bad analogy o_O

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    18362.325 is out.

Insider Preview only iirc.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    For windows live tiles there is a simple fix to reset them.. run this bat file below

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/78839-clear-live-tile-cache-start-windows-10-a.html

It fixed all issues here (missing icon, or corrupted tiles)

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    does that also fix the event viewer spam caused by 1903 removing the tiledservice event notifier?

Edit

It does not.
    :< i've had to manually remove it from every machine here because it was just janking up the event log.

12. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    .325 sucks. You disabled cortana and she greets you by sucking up 10-20% of your cpu depending on how powerful your cpu is. Also very flaky build. 295 is rock solid hopfully 325 gets fixes before going live but I have my doubts with microsh1t.

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    wpd.app - thank me later :)

14. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    thats what im using and disabling cortana in there in 325 foobars everything

15. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    These mediocrities from Wintel cartel:

Windows 10 1903 Has a Nasty Audio Stutter Bug Microsoft Hasn't Managed to Fix
    https://www.techpowerup.com/258611/...io-stutter-bug-microsoft-hasnt-managed-to-fix

Microsoft introduced Windows 10 1903 with a boatload of insufficiently-documented under-the-hood changes. Some of these changes affect Deferred Procedure Call (DPC) tick-rate, causing spikes in DPC latency, affecting the audio pipeline.

Focusrite
    beautifully summarized :
    "DPC affecting audio PC (Deferred Procedure Call) is the operation that Windows uses to assign a priority to processes/drivers that run simultaneously in the same system. If processes that are involved in streaming audio aren't assigned high enough priority then various issues can occur since the audio will not be streamed correctly in 'real-time'. These can include pops/clicks, "glitchy" audio and device disconnections."
    https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/208360865-Troubleshooting-DPC-latency

If you want to take Microsoft's approach to solving problems (scorched earth) and absolutely, positively want your audio to work (maybe because you're a music composer whose discrete audio hardware puts food on the table), then paste the following line in an elevated Command Prompt and hit Enter (and reboot):

BCDEDIT /SET DISABLEDYNAMICTICK YES

And when Pete's team has finally figured out how to use a discrete sound card, and released a patch that works, you can revert the above change to let Windows 1903 function as intended:

BCDEDIT /SET DISABLEDYNAMICTICK NO

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    @Turanis

Sorry, but the text looks like bullshit to me.
    DPCs have nothing to do with processes. DPC is the means to schedule execution in the kernel of Windows. For example device drivers use these to handle interrupts from their device. First part of interrupt handling is called Interrupt Service Routine (ISR) - this piece of code schedules DPC and exits to not stall CPU.

And dynamic ticks were in Windows since Win8.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Interrupt to Process is a thing though, and Windows 10 1903 has had its share of those thanks to buggy Performance Query api's.
    Every time they add some new hardware aware feature to task manager, i fear what they are going to make lag next.

18. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Indeed DPC and ISR are linked together.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/kernel/introduction-to-dpc-objects

Since Windows 8 and his dynamictick the problem begins for Dpc,Windows 10 is the Big brother of Win 8.With the Win 10 v.1903 the things deprecated very hard and MS is very good at f** things in the new updates.
    Disabling dynamictick reduce the Dpc latency of computer.

PS. Another one:
    The Dutch data protection agency has asked Microsoft’s lead privacy regulator in Europe to investigate ongoing concerns it has attached to how Windows 10 gathers user data.

The Dutch DPA advises users of Windows 10 to pay close attention to privacy settings when installing and using the software.

“Microsoft is permitted to process personal data if consent has been given in the correct way,” it writes. “We’ve found that Microsoft collect diagnostic and non-diagnostic data.
    We’d like to know if it is necessary to collect the non-diagnostic data and if users are well informed about this.

“Does Microsoft collect more data than they need to (think about dataminimalization as a base principle of the GDPR). Those questions can only be answered after further examination.”

https://techcrunch.com/2019/08/27/m...oking-into-fresh-windows-10-privacy-concerns/

The Dutch,Born to frag. :)

[​IMG]

mbk1969 likes this.
  19. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Turanis likes this.
  20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M