[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H1 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 28, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    There's a few components in .263 that when cleaned up will cause a DISM delta error since they aren't present in .264 or .266 and it looks for files which has since been deleted, I am pretty confident Microsoft will fix it for the next months cumulative and so far it looks to be SQL Lite related and various pieces and drivers that for whatever reason got reverted. :)

I don't think it's too severe at least not until the next cumulative comes out and if that doesn't have it fixed there's a problem but there's still plenty of time for additional release preview update releases before the scheduled patch Tuesday for August.

I do wonder what they are changing though and yeah if .264 installed either from not cleaning up or from installing it before Windows ran it's scheduled cleanup there's no issue and .266 should install just fine from there too. :)

EDIT: Though this all hinges on the release preview channel being utilized to bug test and check updates ahead of the monthly cumulative release schedule and for Microsoft to then fix it, odd little issue though but a good test case for future issues of this sort I would imagine depending on of course what Microsoft does about it.

Jackalito likes this.
  2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2060 SUPER
    .266 installed does not take long to get in high latency as usual.
    [​IMG]

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

This is not the ntoskrnl, spiking classpnp is a hardware issue in something plugged into your system or a driver misprogramming the device.

failing usb devices commonly cause this, so can a damaged audio device

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    .266 whats the changelog for that?

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2060 SUPER
    Looks strange, right?
    After that, I restarted windows and rerun LatencyMon again, this time nothing was reported above 200us.
    During that, I was surfing the internet, watching twitch in 1080p and playing Division 2 for one hour.

Today when windows 10 loaded and I executed LatencyMon I got this (I leave it idle on desktop)
    [​IMG]

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Release Preview update was updated again and now installs .267 though it still breaks if attempted to install over .263 after it's been cleaned so not all components are accounted for yet.
    Wonder what they're doing with .263 being a major update and then .264 rolling back a number of bits followed by .266 and now .267 with further fixes and .267 here coming in quickly after .266 too.

Curious but at least the RP branch is doing something now besides quicker updates of the MS Store and related apps. :D

Jackalito likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it won't be much of an issue really, the 20h1 update will be a full upgrade and replace all dism components as usual.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah that's likely the main priory with Windows 10 at least from how it's looking with the skip ahead to the early builds of that and then 19H2 turning into another cumulative or kinda service pack instead of a full build with so far mostly focus on OEM functionality so probably not going to be anything major for the second 2019 build from what it's looking like though it could have other bug fixes as well.

I used to be on the slow ring for a while but the shift to a bi-annual release cycle hastened build deployment a bit too much for my liking so swapped to release preview which still saw some activity without risking any usability problems mostly focusing on app updates with the occasional cumulative update testing and this is just a slight hiccup with a in-development monthly cumulative so it's not that big of a deal and Microsoft is still working on it at a pretty fast pace too although the size and scope of this particular update seems larger than normal so I am very curious as to what the next months release notes will be even if Microsoft rarely goes in depth into details and even less for security related fixes.

Worst happens I'll be on .263 until 19H2 pops up or could hop into 20H1 once it stabilizes enough to where Microsoft shifts from features to fixes in time for it hitting RTM if that's even a thing these days as I believe they're slowly moving away from that term and it's a service model and constant process though with periodic builds provided for install purposes now on a two times per year schedule.

I'd guess it is working pretty well though albeit Redstone 4 and Redstone 5 had a bit of a rough launch and the service model means features are constantly changing or being updated or replaced. :)
    Might not apply to Windows or PC but the current builds for XBox seems to be also shifting towards more of a cloud system and is scaling down on parts like Cortana so there are some pretty large shifts happening to the OS.

20H1 started with a focus on sandbox functionality but I need to catch up a bit to what more recent builds have introduced and who knows what unmentioned underlying changes there could be though I have some reading to do when it gets closer to finalizing and moving to the bug fix stage rather than adding new features or changing existing ones.

Heard a lot of info and even seen a few leaked images and examples of the code and state of it plus problems with development and maintenance and code cleanup and surrounding concerns but that was from 8 or 8.1 more so than Windows 10 but for compatibility and the amount of work required I guess a clean code base and major update isn't in the plans anytime soon much as it would probably be really beneficial though also take a few years or so to become the next Windows code base and platform if that's even a thing now with 10.x continually as a service model.

EDIT: Well I can't really claim to know these things very well either mostly just having experience from using Windows since 3.1 way back becoming more familiar with 95 and particularly 98 and ME before 2000 and then XP with early adoption of x64 though Vista.
    (Bad as that was - driver situation though and third party more than anything. - at least it was a learning experience and without the issues of early XP x64 before that.)

Was more involved early on and now well just general usage and statistics and data mostly comes from the various telemetry in the OS.
    (Which I can understand concern about too but it is also used for troubleshooting and more.)

9. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Member

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Can confirm the new insider builds, along with the new Nvidia driver fixed ntoskrnl, at last, no more audio drop-outs!

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I found a link for the msu file for version .267 on mdl, try it out. Hopefully it will rectify whatever error there was in.263. I'd guess it will release on the 30th via WU.

http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._af8c6ab868423055a750797b6d52c1bd67e15a95.msu

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it won't, because it doesn't rebuild DISM's catalogs.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Maybe a coincidence, but that white flash when you open dark explorer seems to be fixed in that mistakenly pushed build yesterday

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That 20h1 build with the new start menu? I wouldn't go much on that. I opened explorer 10 times now and it didn't flash on 18362.267 either but I did see it flash with .266. It could just be a coincidence. You'll know there's some fixing going on if they're working on actually completing the dark theme instead of leaving it like this post-1809 :p

14. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    The new start menu build is an xbox one, the PC one has the normal start still :D

I`ll eat my PC if they are actually fixing things instead of adding more crap

Jackalito likes this.
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I hope you like the taste of PC because they fixed the latency issue on 1903 :D

Extraordinary likes this.

16. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Bet that was a driver :D

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    What driver?

Im at unofficial 435 and when I upgraded to .264+ destiny2 played smoother with stable min fps. Didn't monitor latency though.

So should I upgrade to .267 too?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Use any of the recent 431 drivers and the insider preview CU and you should be fine, though it's probably just the CU.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no, it was definitely 18362.264+

20. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    No driver my friend just a flaw in the kernel that was fixed in .264 and above