Official Test Drive Unlimited 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MerkageTurk, Jan 11, 2011.

1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    is this like second life?

lol

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    can dudes wear woman's dresses in this game ? :D

3. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i dont know but yesterday i tried shirtless and it works, go out driving, taking racing license half naked. lol
    i cant really say about the game now i have to try more and decide if i interested with the game or not.

4. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6800

5. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    any reports on the patch, did it fix the driving physics any? the handling needs to be atleast as good as TDU1 before i even consider buying it ...

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Just read on the TDU2 board that the steam version will unlock at 10am PST, which translates to 6pm in UK time I think.

7. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Well despite what everyone says about the driving physics I'm still getting the game as it's currently on a UPS truck being delivered here. Should be here in 5-6 hours.

I love though that they released a 400MB patch, but nobody knows what it patches/does...

8. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The patch version is 1.01 and is 383mb, although details on what it does exactly as you say are still unclear.

Eurogamers review is about to live any second now.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  9. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    400mb!? that's interesting, maybe the physx fix and the gpu utilization fix, that's a really damn problem..when playing off road my gpu utilization is 98-99% = 55-60 FPS, but when in city's the gpu utilization is 50-60% = 25-35 FPS..so there is a bug there.

1680*1050, Very High, AA off (instead i have from CC: AF 16x, AA 8x (looks better the the in game AA)).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  10. rayzorz

rayzorz Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680
    Doesn't really work that great on my laptop. :(
    I know it's below the minimum specs but it plays both Mafia II and NTW at decent settings.

11. MiMiK

MiMiK Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 7600GT
    guys

post back after a couple hours of gameplay. am still on the fence, but like i said loved the first one, so am iching like crazy to get it!!

also if its not to much of a hasse. maybe some can post for pic's at highest details? :nerd:

12. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Just bought the game on Steam ...

RUNS great. They implemented a bug for scene release, i read on the internet ...

Buy it, ITS great .. And Nvidia 3D is in the options LOOKS sick in 3D Woooohooooo ;0)

13. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    This game sucks, took me 20 minutes to set up the controls on my game pad for some reason it takes forever to detect the input.

In the end the car accelerates but doesn´t move (yes its in gear).

So this means its bugged like all atari games.

This days racing games that have stories just suck, its just so childish, I just want a car and road nothing else.
    This is what ruined Dirt 2, F1 2010, NFS, GRID, etc at least for me, I am not twelve anymore.

I am not saying that a game should have a story line but simulating a lame "to fast to furious" movie sucks.

No thanks, Gona go back to GT5 with all is flaws its still so much better.

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    BS, GRID, F1 2010 and Dirt 2 worked out of the box with a 360 controller and in fact many wheels. Codemasters actually do provide the best controller support for PC, so lumping them in with some new game which a lot of people have stated they had issues just discredits your post.

15. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    I meant that virtual social live ruins those games and not the controllers support.

16. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Had a number of issues after first starting the game.

Monitor out of range when starting up
    Game starting in window mode
    360 PC controller not detected
    Handling was f*cking awful
    Sound levels odd

Thankfully after an hours play and a little messing about I've now sorted all of the above. The game feels more like the original TDU now I've tweaked the handling but it's still far from great. You can literally lose the back end of the car way too easy on corners.

Won my first race after someone challenged me and then completely disappeared. :D

It does need about two good patches but there's plenty of promise there for sure.

Oh and for whatever reason the in built photo mode doesn't take screens you can upload due to the file format used. :3eyes:

17. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    TDU2 max settings on my machine. Best I could do for now:

[​IMG]

18. Buss_Shots

Buss_Shots Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 1280 MB
    Those are just minor issues that I think all users will go through.Which sucks but are small inconveniences. Hopefully this patch will fix handling and sound. No out of range for me but the rest happened to me. Even during beta. After about 40 minutes to an hour the game gets better and back into TDU1 feel, at least for me.

Edit: Detect Device button worked for me as it didn't switch to my pad off the bat like most controller supported games.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    well yeah i agree on the social second life crap in this game but i can only comment from the beta. A driving game should be a driving game, adding in a bit extra is cool enough but having the social aspect as the central pivot of a test drive game( or any racing game its just the origins of test drive is motoring solely ) is just wrong.

for a released game though? i mean cmon it should do what it says on the tin. This is obviously rushed and hoping to patch it along the way to try and appease consumers, its retarded, the game was nowhere near finished in the beta and they rushed 1 last beta test day for the controls alone.

I was a massive TDU1 fan, but i honestly gave up after trying the beta a few times and reporting tonnes of issues

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  20. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    I've been playing it now for a few hours. I'm still undecided as to how good the game is. Here's a few of my thoughts.

• The driving school wasn't as bad as everyone says.
    • The "social" side of the game has been more cut-scene than "The Sims" so far.
    • The photo's wont open in Windows...
    • The handling isn't that bad on my Xbox 360 controller.
      I do tend to agree with whoever said it should have been set-up from the start though. The controller should be able to "OK" or "Cancel".

I also had a few issues. Steam failed to validate files. I re-downloaded and it still gave me an error.
    The program can't start because XINPUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.​

I reinstalled DirectX (which didn't need a reinstall) and it worked. Sadly, there's massive GPU usage in some areas. Not the areas you would expect either. Strange areas with not much going on...

It's probably not fit for release yet, but what game is nowadays.?

6/10 so far :)