Official Samung Galaxy S7 Thread

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by DeathAngel74, Mar 13, 2016.

1. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Lets hope so.

2. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Was randomly recording my cat until she did this hilarious photogenic look :D:D

[​IMG]

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol nice :D

Got a reply from Samsung, not really sure why I was expecting anything other

Please return your phone, we are confident a replacement will fix the problem

I even gave them a link to XDA with a thread full of people also complaining about the same thing, and that it's a common fault, unlikely to be fixed by a replacement

Head in the sand

Not going to return it, could and probably would end up with a worse case of red dots, two isn't the end of the world compared to some people's being covered in them

4. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    What we should be looking for is someone without this issue. If we manage to find someone
    we can then compare rom versions and see if its the same, and if it is then something
    is off with the camera itself, however i don't think its from the camera for obvious reasons.
    If it was from it then with HDR off we would still see the issue.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea it's definitely looking like a software/firmware issue, like you say if it was the camera module itself, or any hardware, it would be there with HDR on or off

Maybe I've done enough for them to blame the hardware, but also look into fixing the firmware without admitting it, can only hope lol

Starting to remind of of ASUS with my old transformer tablet, each new release broke it more and more until they dropped support and left everyone with a rebooting paperweight

6. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Damn. Well that happened to my galaxy nexus after 4.2.2
    When 4.3 came it was utter cr@p and every hotfix made it even worse until i was literally
    forced to just go for cyanogenmod with custom kernels.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Mine was fine 100% stable with Honeycomb, ICS killed it dead and we were all also forced to go custom

One dev managed to fix in a couple of releases what ASUS' entire team failed to fix the entire time they kept rolling out broken updates making the tablet worse and worse

Each time there was a new update, it promised to fix all the problems we had reported, every time it failed to fix any of them, and added more problems

8. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Now that's just sad.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yep, and the tablet is still going strong, used by the gf as a media player now, running that same devs custom Jellybean iirc lol

Anyway back to the S7, are you rooted?

If not and you want rid of bloatware, grab an app called Package Disabler Pro, it requests Admin rights, and then you can disable anything you like, used it on my unrooted S7, nice and clean now, no bloat, better battery from disabling useless services and packages that were just draining it

10. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    Be careful thought with disabling services you may end with even worse battery life. That happened to me.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, I've just disabled stuff I'll never use, like GearVR, health app services, different things like Google backup transport and VPN stuff, I learned what to and what not to disable with my S5 so pretty sure about what is fine to kill now

Actually with the S5 there was a debloat script I ran from TWRP, that actually removed all the bloat and other stuff I never use, which was good with a 16GB phone, this is 32GB so disabling them is fine without root for now

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I ended up just letting everything run, got annoyed at losing time fighting against the OS for zero battery or performance benefits.

I even ended up liking the built in health app lol.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I left it stock for the first 2 days, then checked what was eating battery, KNOX and something called OM Customize were showing 10% battery usage each, disabled just them first and got significantly better battery from the next full charge

Then just went through all the other things I don't need and disabled them too, easy enough to enable again if I ever get a GearVR, or decide to monitor health etc, but if I don't need it, it's not using anything being disabled

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Been shooting in RAW Pro mode today, photos are incredibly better quality than in JPEG

No need for HDR either, as it shoots RAW and JPEG together for each shot, you can compare the two once they are on the PC, took a few dusk shots out the bedroom window, JPEG came out dark and not a lot of detail, RAW came out bright and even and lots of detail

My new favourite shooting mode, now I can see the improvement over the S5 easily, RAW is the way to go with the S7 camera

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Here is a funny one,

Samsung updated music player 2 days ago and I got it as well on my phone Alpha G850F, but now its missing extra EQ effects, tube amp, 7.1, room size..
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.app.music&hl=en

[​IMG]

mine
    [​IMG]

Funny thing is my phone "is not compatible", . Now when I removed update its not on googleplay list anymore.. Voodoo magic.
    I had to manually install it again from here
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...samsung-electronics-co-ltd-16-1-63-8-release/

Player itself looks a lot better vs old kitkat/lollipop and runs faster too >> locked screen to player app.. But that lame EQ options missing is very disappointing.

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Looks like it's stuck in Advanced mode, that top screenshot is what mine defaults to, if I hit the Advanced button above the right dial, it loads the lower screenshot, except it has a basic button to go back to the top screen

Try pressing the part of the screen that the Basic button is on this screen, see if it is just invisible

[​IMG]

EDIT - Actually looking closer, it's not the same screen at all...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  17. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    I ain't rooted and i disabled stuff on my own. Honestly the time and effort i put into the
    galaxy nexus was worth it but i won't be doing it on the s7. Stock is better than my
    gnex with god knows how many tweaks so one day after 5 years when it starts to struggle
    maybe then ill root and do custom roms and kernels.

18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I'm not really techy about phones but my s7 shuts down apps that I don't use for 3 days also best phone I have had battery life is great, I use an slr for photography but if I'm out without it the s7 takes some decent photos compaired to my previous phones.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yea its weird, nah nothing is there.. I pressed and nothing happened, even changed to Eng language if its going to appear, but no.. :(

My default EQ was always those bars, ah well. Maybe Samsung will do something about it, hopefully (well I reported my issue in google play store).

Well I really like this new design, its super snappy now compared to old player, but shame it has its quirks.

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Samsung music player is crap, it was awesome back in 5.1.1 as it had more function.

Poweramp 300 alpha 4 is the way too go, i use it with combination of samsung UQHD, which uses the DAC on the Exynos chip, check that if u want to have the best sound experience.