Official Pro evolution soccer 2008 Discussion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by YWAGMOTH, Sep 4, 2007.

1. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
  2. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Its looking good! Been an on and off football/soccer fan for years, but I don't know any players except for the superstars of Team Brazil.

This just stomps all over what EA sports will release for the PC.

3. Austyn

Austyn Guest

Im a big pro evo fan, and have been since it was originaly called ISS (International Superstart Soccer) back in the day....

Although i have more recently played pro evo on the xbox360/xbox, i oringaly was a playstation player. I have been part of an online gaming community solely for Pro Evo. We have official leagues (about 10 of them) and we have quaterly cups where we can win prizes amongst other things.

The last release of pro evo (#6) was a bit of a lack luster performance to say the least, it only really was any good on the xbox360 and even then, it had many problems and bugs, some of which are still yet to be fixed. The PS2 version for a long time had compatability issues with the PS3 and even to this day, when the game is upscaled on the PS3 the graphics look abysmal.

The PC version is (i find) the worst of the lot in the last release, it was a rushed port of the 360 version that had alot of problems and the gameplay didnt seem right.

All said and done, as we are all aware, the last 2 years have been a heavy transitional phase with games, consoles and their graphical capabilities. Im very much looking forward to the next release, Pro Evo 2008, both on the 360, PS3 and Pc it should be a instant hit.

I personaly have not played FIFA since 2003 release, as we all know, EA are the masters at editing and re-releasing with a new year slapped on the front. Admitadly, some aspects of FIFA are still the same, but for gameplay and playability, Pro Evo wins hands down....

4. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Na, last years PC version was a port of the PS2 version - same as always. This years will be the first one with the new engine.

The best news is the mighty Spurs (well, not so much at the moment!) are licensed in the Premiership!

5. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Yeah, I think the last one was a PS2 port. If this one uses the new engine then I'll be mighty pleased.

Gameplay wise, Pro Evo rocks! Much better than Fifa IMO (except for the dreadful music!)...

:)

6. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    i´ve heard that pro evo 2008 has a music list,let´s hope so.

7. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    who cares about music in a football game :p

8. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    I know it's sounds crazy. There is no music when you play but the menu music and at half time etc, the music was soooooooo bad!

I'm mean like, REALLY BAD!

9. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    bring on the demo, the waiting is killing me

10. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I hope that the game will be like it is the best one on the market, at least at game play !

11. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    Can't find for this game too. :)

Come on Konami!!

12. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    i got used to it i guess :p i've been playing it since ISS in the nintendo 64 lol :p

i heard there is going to b real bands music now

13. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
  14. nicasoft

nicasoft Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 Ultra OC 768MB
    I Cant wait for this release... huge Pro evo fan here.... any news on this game?

15. Brazilian

Brazilian Member Guru

GPU:
    8600 GT Fatal1ty 256 mb
    GREAT!!!! I can't live without soccer and i was going nuts for a new WE version.

Doubtless the best game (soccer) available.. most realistic gameplay.

Sao Paulo team (my avatar =p ) will be on this new version. Fine.

16. skarlito

skarlito Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtech 9600 gt
    pro 6 with the superpatch is just superb.better than any other version out there.

hope the new engine will be enought optimized.i hope also the game run on older rigs(pro 6 plays fine in my old ti4200) because it is a game for the masses and not for videocards enthusiasts

17. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    It's looking very good, nice fluid gameplay. Why the PC is only now getting the latest engine I do not know, it's better late than never I suppose.

Oh and I do hope they sort the commentary out, FIFA has (on PC) got great audio, with excellent commentary timing.

18. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    What's the superpatch? :paranoid:

True dat. Commentary is truly crap in Pro Evo.

19. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    OT: wow, i just downloaded the fifa 08 demo and the graphics sucks, the audio commentary was good though

20. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    The fact that Evolution soccer doesn't have Fifa license and uses made up players/names was what always prevented me from buying it. Is this one different?