Official Medal of Honor Airborne Discussion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Flukester, Sep 4, 2007.

1. painter

painter Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I can't create an account to try MP - whatever I put in it says 'the account is already in use' does the account tie in with the serial number and if so could that mean this number is in use? the disk was a bit scratched so I wonder if someone has used this before me, even though it only came out today.

I don't have an account with any other EA game..any idea's.

2. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nope. nHancer has never been installed on my machine, and it still works.

@StarvinMarvin: Yes, it works in Vista as well.

3. InGen

InGen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570
    Your opinion lost all credibility as soon as you said that...But id like to know who it is better because from what i remember of pacific assault...it sucked big time.

4. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    Market Garden

Market Garden screenies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes folks, there is also a D-Day mission! Great right? The problem is that it feels like a one man army level from allied assault. I basically had to take out the whole German army by myself. Very disappointing. There is also a major bug in that level. You have to ex filtrate all of the Germans in a couple of bunkers, by yourself, and the whole time one of your squadmates is talking to you, but he's not anywhere in site!

The Market Garden mission is alot better and feels like COD2, you actually have some of your squad around you and shooting the enemy.

5. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    PA did suck, nobody ever played it. MP was deader than dead. 3 times I installed it to go play online, there was never a server. I bought the game a couple weeks after it was released. PA doesn't hold a candle to airborne. Sorry.

What's ticking me off now with this game is the lamers who are trying to push for lean while you run and shoot. Totally unrealistic and sucked ass big time in Allied Assault because they never fixed or restricted it. Naturally losers used this move to their advantage, used it as a crutch to make up for lack of skillz and now they don't have it they have a suck fit and whine on EA forums. I was in clans in AA that fell apart, stupidly, because of this ability. Be always complaining amongst the clans I was in because people would try and force and punish those that didn't do it. Just got sick of it and left AA behind.

Anyhow, only got to play for a few hours last night. Have no clue how long Single player is but it wasn't my interest and it's fun. Sure I'll play and finish SP but I'm more interested in MP. MP played pretty good, but like any new game, you need to wait for patches to clean it up a bit.

6. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    enjoying it, plays well but am doing the demo level at the minute , good game

really liked previous MOH games and this is no different

7. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    juhuu i finished MOH:Airbone in 5h :)

8. mameira

mameira Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    its short

9. mrlips

mrlips Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW
    How the hell do you land, everytime my fat ass rolls, and it takes me forever to get up. Also did anyone else have problems with Physx drivers, I had to uninstall them and let MOH reinstall them before the game would install.

10. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    this is very short game :(

11. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Maxed out, very smooth. I just hate the motion blur, looks awful. I guess its some faint attemp at making it realistic. The only time I can imagine seeing that much blur must be when completely loaded up on booze.

[​IMG]

12. crue7

crue7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 275gtx 896mb
    uuugh....yet another ww2 game without blood or gore....wtf! war is possibly the most violent thing on earth! Sorry if it makes me sound sick or anything lol but the violence just adds to the immersion IMO (soldier of fortune 2 FTW)

13. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
    And so it does ;) Thanks John, but got another problem now.... this is the type of game that I've that good old feelign about... you know, juuust gonna play a bit more, then hit the house with the vacuumcleaner.

But know I hear it's short a played through quick and that's bullcrap to be honest. Well, there's probably gonna be some expansion packs for this one don't ya think ? :confused:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  14. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Dang, just bought this game tonight! Trying to install but it get stuck on 'Copying files....' and the DVD player is grinding. Tried cleaning the disc very quickly.

Anyone else had this problem?

EDIT:

Haha, just I posted this, it started to go up..... but jeesh, I waited like 10 minutes.

EDIT2:

Agh, its installing so slow nevertheless!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  15. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I noticed it took almost half an hour to install. Just when I would get ready to click cancel, the bar would move a little. Drove me crazy. I am loving the game so far, though. I hope more people get online. Seems a little scarce right now.[

16. rage1189

rage1189 Banned

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    I noticed little white dots on the soldiers helmets and buttons when watching the intro when there in the chopper and a u gotta jump. I noticed the same thing on the shiny surfaces but on there they seem like a special effect on the chopper it seems like a bug. I remember hearing something about these white dots being points where the texture is ending or starting and that its visible in some more than others.. True?

17. oclaudiu

oclaudiu Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 OC
    Hello. On my system Profile with Vista Business 64, I have strange stops, rarely indeed, but there are. Why ? This problem appear due to videocard with only 320 Mb ? Also, how run this game in Windows XP ?

18. Maj.Baker

Maj.Baker New Member

I liked pacific assault because of the fact we were fighting japs. and the fact that they did a great job of simulating thier tenacity. i felt the story was well done as well. the way they tied it all together at the end.

19. Maj.Baker

Maj.Baker New Member

Well when i said Pacific assault was bettter than airborne, i was talking about single player only. I never tried to play any of the moh games on multiplayer
    so i cannot attest to that aspect.

20. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    I remember when I played the Medal of Honor: Allied Assault demo, I was very impressed and bought the game. I tried the Airbourne demo the other day, it was just a generic shooter, I didn't buy the game.

Is the full game any better than average?