Official Medal of Honor Airborne Discussion

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Flukester, Sep 4, 2007.

1. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yes a little bit..

2. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    hey guys i got MOHA today and i played and installed the demo and x64 it played smoothed and flawless. i have the full game here trying to install it. end of intall or near it. it says premature install and rolls back for vista x64 anyone else getting this?

3. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i didn't get that error...but in the readme says something about xp and vista 64 not supported..

4. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, you're quite right:

How can they seriously release a game in late 2007 without Vista x64 support? I guess that's why I'm experiencing choppyness.

5. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Yeah I am quite dismayed since on nVnews everyone recommended Vista 64 bit which I own and this is about the 4th game I have seen that says not supported on Vista 64.

Anyhow, just got MOH:A and installing this seemingly huge game.. 10 mins now, still installing...Eeek. Fingers are aching to play!! Will post screens when I can!

6. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    seems to work ok in xp x64

7. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    on vista 64bit runs no problem :)

8. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I had this problem in XP. Make sure your ICS service is started. (Windows firewall)d5m4sssssss5

9. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    Multiplayer rocks! looks awesome and smooth as silk. Buy it.

10. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    ok guys i got it to install.. it depends on the firewall service being enabled! wtf is up with that??? but can b disabled after install.. how can a company release such a huge game. when they know alot i mean alot of gamers have over 4 gb;s of ram and are using 64bit? are they kidding me.. although the demo played flawless for me on 64bit when i had it. but i wonder wut the reasoning not supporting it is?

sry to the guy above. i saw ur post after i posted. :smoke:

11. Maj.Baker

Maj.Baker New Member

I got it last night, only had time to play it for about an hour, i beat the 1st mission. honestly if i could get my money back i would return it. Pacific assault was better than this by far, and allied assault was the best of all of them.

I think its a trend in gaming in general for the worst. Everything is just a console port these days, geared towards noobs.
    basicly, i feel like i got some kid's version. in fact there is so many complaints about it that im just going to list all of them in list form.

1)corpses disappear in single player.

this is lame..its even lame in mp, but understandable as to why.

2)big ugly ass "hud", this includes that compass, i mean radar scope.

basicly the hud is too dam big and clutters the screen too much. i dont need to see 4 big ass blue dots for health, i just need to see a fricking meter.

3)weapon modifications.

Not sure what this is about. but its pretty stupid if you ask me. this is like some dammed arcade game. i think it distracts from the game.

4)HUGE crosshairs

clutters the god dammed screen. and you cant turn them off?? why.
    why bother putting in iron sights?

5)no quicksave/ quickload/ quick exit key.

need a quicksave and load button, simple as that.
    i hate clicking 3 mouseclicks to leave the game. when i say exit game from the menu, i dont want to have to say yes i really want to quit. and put it in the first page of the menu, no one wants to click into the save menu first.
    whoever designed your menus for this game needs to be fired.

6)graphics

i dont really care as much about graphics as i do gameplay. i have every option maximized and although they arent awesome, they are good enough.

7)no blood

ok if you cant have blood and corpses, then dont make the game. there are too many other games out there that do have blood, and do have bodies that stay. besides that it looks pretty stupid to see an X show up when you hit somoneone. and i really hate that circle with a line through it when you highlight a friendly with the big ass crosshair. very noobish.

well that about does it off the top of my head. i only played the 1st mission before i had enough of it. maybe in a month or so somone will make a mod that removes the hud and makes the corpses stay. otherwise i am going to have to be pretty bored to play this game as it is right now.

12. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    it runs terrible for me with SLi. atleast the demo ran at high frame rates with a stutter every few seconds, but the full game runs BAD. i'm down into the teens quite offen :( totally unplayable! (just for now i hope)

13. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Maj.Baker, most of what you have said can likely be fixed or tweaked. Game just came out. Give it a bit. I don't fully agree with all your points but my opinion is that the game is F'ing awesome and plays well and is fun.

I wont deny the game has bugs and stuff but I think it's gonna revive the MOH franchise in the end. It's definitely not a cheap game.

I've been playing it now for approx 3 hours and so far I've had no problems with performance. I can't say it was as smooth as the demo but then again I find the gfx are more in depth than the demo which probably accounts for possible lower fps.

Again, I think it's all tweakable and we need to wait a bit and be a little patient. Here's some shots for those interested. Sorry I was too caught up in the game and kept forgetting. lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Vista has a lot of trouble in games. Maybe sp1 will smooth it out, i have heard good feedback about sp1.

15. bfGDennis

bfGDennis Master Guru

GPU:
    Bfg GTX 295
    Im getting anywhere from 60 fps all the way to 130fps!

thats in the demo version

looking to purchase the full game this weekend...
    does it support DX10 ?

16. kapocris18

kapocris18 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800GTS XXX
    How to activate AA in MoH Airbone? I'm running the full game at 1650x1080 and still looks awful

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Rename the .exe to R6Vegas_Game.exe and force AA through the Nvidia control panel.

18. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Erm... renaming the exe would only work if you were using nHancer surely? :confused:

http://www.nhancer.com/

19. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Does this also work when using Vista ?

:confused:

20. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    guys it just me or this game is very very short...i'm at the fourth mission(including the training) and there are only 3 missions left..what the hell..it wouldn't be a problem if the missions where a little bigger...i've reached the fourth one in about 2 hours of playing...