Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stukov, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    this is what i wanted to hear thx :banana: but i think i can use my already existing bioware account with an ****load of ME2 DLC's :nerd:

2. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    well, he made no reference to ME2 in his post, and I am sort of a, how should I put it, person not much interested in DLC's of any kind?! I just thought he missed the thread, that's all.

3. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    ^ Which is exactly why he enlightened you on the subject.

4. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    ^ ...still doesn't make me a moron... :3eyes:

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Ok so you first you induce that he is a ''moron'' by posting in the ''wrong thread'' and now you complain about me apparently making you a moron with that smiley? Seriously... Let's just settle to the fact that you posted without knowing something that you do now. :)

6. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    :) I seriously though that he posted in the wrong thread by accident. Why would I think he is a moron?:3eyes:

as for you, I wasn't offended, I just commented, NHF here :)

7. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Preparing for ME3

Just finished the Shadowbroker and really enjoyed playing ME2 again after 2 years! After that I started the Firewalker/Hammerhead DLC, but I might skip that in favour of The Arrival.
    And then... finally... Mass Effect 3! (with new DLC)
    :bounce:

8. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Lol i just finished mass effect for the 1st time last night and beginning on mass effect 2 today. Can't believe I waited so long to try these games out.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    THREAD NECROS :D

glad yall are enjoying your games.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Same,i think you have to be in the right frame of mind when playing these games and accept everything for what they are.(slow paced,story driven,lots of cutscenes,average combat etc)
    One good thing is you get to play all the DLC now like i did with mass effect 2,you get the best experience possible.

23dlc in total i used and the blood armour was **** tbh,i used it once and never used it again.
    [​IMG]

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Hey I used the Dragon Age armor quite a lot in the first half of the game on my biotic characters. Plan on doing the same in ME3 on my adept. :p

But yea, playing the game now with all DLC out is the best experience, done the same thing in november last year on my 3rd character.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    3rd char,once is enough for me on high difficulty,i dont see the point in going through a similar story again and again.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, 1st char was the one I first completed the game with when it came out, the second was about 6 months after that when more DLC came out, and the 3d (last) was just some months before ME3 release, in order to enjoy ALL the DLC in one playthrough... 1st evil male vanguard, 2nd jesus good male soldier, 3d evil bitch lesbian adept, so there was some diversity :eyebrows:

I hate DLC when it comes to Bioware though, I would so much prefer one full expansion like they did with DAO Awakening...

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Just started this game last week. Pretty damn good! I didnt like ME1 much and abandoned it half-way through, but this is superior to it in every way imo.

Just wondering, how do you guys see ME3 vs ME2? Is it a worthy sequel? I know its got good reviews, but so was ME1 which I did not like.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Both games are good in their own right. I have multiple playthroughs in both ME1 and ME2. I only played ME3 once. I didnt care how the last part of teh game carried itself out. Buts that a conversation for a different thread. Ill give that game another go once the SP DLCs start rolling out. But all 3 games worth the $.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hey guys, sorry about this necro post but!!!

I decided yesterday to give ME2 another go. I've played ME when it first came out on the original XBOX, then on PC, never completed it though (got about 3/4 in). Then I played ME2 for about 30 hours, but again, only scratched surface. So I decided to dust it off and wow. It's simply the best story driven RPG out there by a country mile imho. I have all the DLCs this time round. I love the blend of story, action (great combat) and intriguing characters. Completed Overlord DLC yesterday, was pretty fun, but just finished the Kasumi DLC and I loved it! Kasumi is already one of the most interesting characters I've ever seen in a game, what a woman! Now I'll crack on with the main story line a little bit more but seriously, this is so much better than Witcher 2. I know it's set in a different environment and quite different but meh.

I don't know what it is about the ME universe, but they managed to do something to the game that allows for great atmosphere. It's dark and gloomy, the music helps a lot to further the atmosphere. Love it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  17. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Great post Enclap, I feel the same way about ME2! Plus like you I tried the game a few times before actually going through the entire game (12hrs the first time and almost 20 the second time). I recently finished the game and I'm already 45+hrs into ME3 and loving it (my wife is away for work so I've had lots of free time to game)! By the way I purchased ME3 the day it was released and put about 20hrs into it before deciding I wanted to finish ME2 first and import my player.
    As corny as it sounds ME3 is truly a different experience if you import your ME2 character, you'll meet different NPC's, different story-lines, its wonderful to say the least! After reading your post I want to go back to ME2 and try the DLC content which I never bought/installed. In anycase thanks for bringing back some great memories of a great game experience, hope you continue to enjoy your play through and if you haven't played ME3 yet just wait, your going to love it!