Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stukov, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Abrams

Abrams Master Guru

GPU:
    9800 gtx+/8850m gddr5
    Well, Im gonna hammer some more dialogues see if I can get lucky

2. JC[UK]

JC[UK] Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GT 540m
    I think you need the latest nvidia drivers for it to work. The ones that were pulled because of the fan issue.

3. Abrams

Abrams Master Guru

GPU:
    9800 gtx+/8850m gddr5
    You sure its in driver`s options? I heard you need some tweaking utility aswell?

4. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Download nHancer. When installed go to the Mass Effect 2 profile, set the AA compatibility to "00000045: AA & HDR" and override the AA to whatever setting you desire. Worked for me.

5. superweapons

superweapons Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 Core 216
    You might also want to try other Unreal Engine 3 AA profiles and see how they work (IQ vs. performance). It should be especially nit-picky if you want to use SLi.

6. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    Maybe you aren't fully 100% paragon and only 1% left, cause on my 4th playthrough that happened, i reskilled myself for more paragon points and voila, done.

7. Abrams

Abrams Master Guru

GPU:
    9800 gtx+/8850m gddr5

Well, I already tryed to reskill, and like I said im not 100% its around 4.5 bars out of 5.

Im trying to workaround lack of Paragon coversation options by doing Reaper IFF mission, and recruiting the last member and then using his dialog options onboard Normandy to get around 10 more Paragon points.

EDIT: Ok, done last member`s loyalty mission with approx 40+ more Paragon points. Afterwards solved the
    the Legion vs Tali problem
    without any problem. Using Paragon option ofc. Got even more points to it. At the end of Jack`s mission, got approx 20+ more points.....and I still cant resolve the Miranda/Jack thing!!! I mean cmon!! The 2nd issue that by default comes later in the game and I solve it with lower score?!?!

Something`s bugged.

EDIT #2:

Well, apprently, I got a clue why its happening:

1. Do the Miranda/Jack and Tali/Legion missions as soon as they pop up. [confirmed from official forums]

2. Do not make any
    romantic moves on Jack/Miranda/Tali
    otherwise the options will get greyed pernamently. [confirmed from official forums]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  8. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    absolutely loving this game. and im in love with Miranda :O

9. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    Never knew that, but it makes sense, cause i everytime had a romance with Tali and don't like Jack & Miranda but thx for the info, something like this is always good to know. :nerd:

10. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Guys,
    I have a few questions regarding the current disscusion but don't want to accidently post any Spoilers so,

Last night I finished all of the loyalty missions (well except for one person who I either haven't recruited yet or was supposed to be for Ashly Williams who I failed to recruit). With that said I did the Jack loyalty mission early in the game and like everyone else when I returned to the ship Jack and Miranda were fighting. Since it was early in the game I didn't have full paragon points and was unable to make it right. Both Miranda and Jack left hating each other. Is this the time when your able to get Miranda and Jack to be friends or does that happen further along in the game?

Since then I haven't actually romanced anyone but I've been working hard to romance Miranda. Will the option to get Miranda and Jack to be friends (or at least not trying to kill each other) be greyed out simply because I've tried to romance Miranda, or does it only happen once you actually do the deed with the character?

I hope this makes sense guys but I had a hard time articulating the question, lol! I should mentiond that before reading the last few posts of this thread I didn't know there was any issues getting Miranda and Jack to be friends so thanks for the heads up.

11. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    lol i started to romance kelly and we went for the whole dinner thing and was trying for more and then i approached towards the end of the game and well without spoling it, my plans got well and trully put to rest.lol

gd game still to complete , and not sure whether its better then the first - the combats nice but i really wish upgrades etc were like the first.
    and i do miss the buggy and ashley :(

12. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I fully agree with you in regards to the buggy, Ashly, and the original RPG style weapon system (granted this makes ME2 a bit simpler and many people didn't like the clunky menu system to change and store weapons but I actually liked the old style better). However these are tiny issues for me and don't negatively effect the game overall. I'm really having a blast and hope to stretch the game out for as long as possible!

13. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I just finished Mass Effect for the first time a few days ago (37-hour campaign for me; reached level 50 and had 9999999 money, haha!) and it was a truly epic game IMO. Made me get all excited about ME2, but I think I am going to hold out on getting it until there's some special Steam offer again, perhaps next Christmas. I went almost 100% Paragon on my first play-through of ME1, so this time I'm going Renegade (yes, it's time to re-play; I think it was a mistake to sacrifice Kaidan the first time around). :devil:

14. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Indeed an epic game Decane, like an idiot I sold my ME1 copy a few months after finishing it (at the time I honestly had no idea there was any plans for a Triligy, I was probably the only idiot who didn't know), lol! With that said I truly think you would enjoy ME2 even at full retail price (but it won't be very long before the price comes down)!

By the way, there was a part in ME1 where you can either kill or set free a Collector (or its a Reaper, can't remember which one it was). The Collector/Reaper was trapped in a glass tank and talks to you by controlling a dead NPC's voice box, he tries to get you to let it go. If you understand what I'm talking about, did you kill it or set it free? No big deal, just curious? In hindsight I really wish I kept ME1 so I could use the savegame and re-play ME2 to see what effect the ME1 savegame has to the story or ME2? Thanks m8!

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    supposedly w future dlc will add a hover buggy and missions for it.

only nitpicks i have w the game are the ones zero punctuation had lol, every time you saw a bunch of nicely placed walls and junk to hide behind, firefight.

epic game tho despite the flaws.

16. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    Hated the side quests/Mako missions in ME1 (if the environs were a little more interesting then might change my mind).

In ME2 the only thing I'm not too keen on is the instant mission end half the time when you have been involved in a heavy fire fight. Would be nice to have some cool down time on the surface and also make your way back to the shuttle/Normandy to finish the mission. Also would allow for more salvage opportunities in case you missed some things during the mission.

I'm Tending to be not either Paragon fully or Renegade but a mix heading towards Paragon but I think on a replay with another character (My Female Shepard is hot), I might experiment with a more being either/or but life ain't quite B&W and some options suit situations better than others.

17. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I'm very similar, initially I was all about being only Paragon but as time went on I decided to play the game in a similar way to how I'd react in real life (I'm not always Mr. Nice-guy), lol! As you mentioned, "life ain't quite B & W"! However I'm 90% Paragon and 10% Renegade so its definitely not an even mix!

18. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    @Roger

Thats the Rachni Queen. The one on the planet Noveria. Yeah it does have an impact on the story and it hints it towards in the 2nd game that she will join you in the third installment of ME3.

19. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Thanks Scout for taking the time to reply, for letting know what I was actually talking about (Rachni Queen), and for letting me know how it might play into the storyline! Your help is always greatly appreciated!

20. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Mhm.. Time-zone differences.. Beat me to it. Sorry Roger, I went to sleep after my last comment in this thread. But indeed, Scoutingwraith is correct about the Rachni Queen; I let it go, personally, but this time around I'm planning to kill it just to see how that plays out. I'm thinking of exporting my Paragon savegame to ME2 though, because I don't really like being evil in games; I just want to see how the renegade side of the coin is before playing Paragon in ME2. :D

PS: People seem to think ME2 is very short... Is this referring to the main plotline, or all the side quests as well? Because as written in my earlier post, I got roughly 37 hours out of ME1 on my first play-through (side quests incl.), and I really don't want to pay full-price for a game that is much shorter than that.